2015 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,344 - $14,228.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/9.0

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

Best car for young people!

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

"I got this car back in March of this year and I've loved it ever since! I have it in the Silver Ice Metallic with the hatchback version trimmed with the 2LS (auto trans. with manual mirrors and windows). The way it drives is quite decent for what you pay and the quality of how it's built is very well for having a low price which could be attributed to a weaker metal for the frame than a decade ago (I learned this from crashing into a steel fence and got it repaired and the frame had to be straightened back out). Otherwise, it's a great vehicle and in the hatchback version with seats down, I'm able to fit my bike (which is larger than most due to my height). I put a 9/10 for design as the inside could use some more standard conveniences such as Bluetooth, standard USB, etc. but it is my understanding that the 2013 model year will have the option of the Chevrolet MyLink radio which includes Bluetooth and smartphone-based navigation. Overall though, I would not buy anything else for this price point. Great car on Chvey's part!"

A Nice Little Car for the Price

By on Friday, September 5, 2014

"I bought this car because it is assembled in USA. My car is 2013 LTZ with 5 speed manual transmission, gas mileage is excellent, combine highway and city, 33.9 miles. I drove the car cross the country, it's given me a lot fun! The only thing is the clock synchronization is not working and the leather seats look like fake. Otherwise, it is a perfect car! Thanks GM!"

Fun. Cheap.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Price. Turbo. Good gas mileage."

At the lot!

"Get the turbo. Fun to drive. Good for price. Good gas mileage. Buy American."

At the lot!

fun to drive, solid daily commuter!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "mpg, room, engine, suspension"

Cons: "interior materials, American car dealers"

"I purchased a Sonic after test driving a Hyundai Accent and Ford Fiesta. I liked the Accent just as much, but the price is what got me into the Sonic. Since it was a '13 model I got it for pretty cheap. A similar Accent would have been a few grand more. I drive over 100 miles a day for work so I wanted something good on gas and reliable. So far this little Chevy fits the bill, and more. LIKES: Engine/6 speed manual. For being a little 1.4, I have no problems merging onto the highway which I was scared of going into the subcompact class. Suspension. Feels great on the road for only weighing around 2700 lbs. In the Fiesta I was a little nervous test driving it on the highway, but the Sonic felt great even at 80mph. Interior is very roomy. I can fit two car seats (with kids in them) and myself/pass in the front seats with no problems. The Accent didn't seem big enough to pull this off. I was surprised I could pull this off without making major adjustments to my seating position. Bluetooth easy to set up, easy to use. Great gas mileage!! With the 1.4/6 speed manual I get around 41 mpg highway, 34 in mixed driving. DISLIKES: American car dealerships are the worst (not the cars fault but was almost a deal breaker for me). Arm rest fabric is so rough it gives me rug burn. Pretty much unusable. No spare tire. I don't want anything to do with some inflator kit. No streaming bluetooth audio (I heard the '14 has this). Only 1 key? come on Chevy.... CONCLUSION: I would recommend this car for sure. I personally liked it better than the Fiesta, and just as much as an Accent (actually a little better I suppose considering the interior room issue). I have been averaging around 41-42 mpg highway and was pretty surprised my family could fit in this thing comfortably. I love this car!!"

best ever

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, comfortable, good gas m"

Cons: "no dvd, bad gps app"

"I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CAR!! i purchased my car 4 months ago with 45,000 miles on it and i could not be happier. Car is so cute inside and out! everyone compliments it on how nice the interior is. runs great, only problem i had was having to replace the heating element on the drivers side 1 month in. Also the gas mileage is really good! $25 to fill the tank and lasts me along time...ill drive 60 miles on the highway and look down to see it JUST went down one gas notch. I could not be more happy with the car I picked...It is really fun to drive, i do not have any blind spots....for a small car it has plenty of front space and a decent amount of back space."

Chevy has their foot in the subcompact segment!

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Price of base, Not common, Fun, 32 combined mpg"

Cons: "Unknown reliablitilty, low front clearance,"

"I owned the Chevy Sonic 1.8l auto for a year and 9months with 81k miles to my name. The Car is functional and practical for everyday use. The car I owned did come with some problems in the trans and was quote fixed. If you are interested in the car go for the 1.4l it is say a bit more enjoyable to drive. The mpg is up there for not being a hybrid. nonetheless it is a fun little car. The Rating is based on the value for price."