2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,408 - $20,955.

10/7.7

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Can't wait to get rid of it

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Low price, comfortable seating, spacious trunk"

Cons: "Too many to describe here"

"Although the car is comfortable in terms of seating, it constantly feels as though it's in the wrong gear and the engine is laboring. It hesitates, the ride is choppy and there have been constant mechanical issues - everything from Check Engine lights that come on for no reason to CV joint failure and engine failure. The interior is attractive enough, but things are spaced badly and the OnStar button on the rear view mirror makes it a challenge to adjust the mirror without hitting the button."

One Year Review - SO NICe!!!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, Power, US Made, FUN, MPG's. VALUE!!!"

Cons: "No Center Console, Dash Glare, Factory Tires"

"I took my time deciding on a vehicle to replace my 93 Cherokee. Things I focused on were American-Made, Price, Comfort, Power, and Storage space. First car I tried over the 8 month search was the Sonic. I tried many others after in the same $$$ ballpark and they just didn't compare to the Sonic. I went back to the Sonic, and it still felt almost perfect. I went for the hatchback because I wanted rear storage access, like I had with my Jeep. Only things it didn't have that I wanted was a center console and AWD. I picked up a 2013 LT 1.4T AT with 56 miles on it for 16K. UNDER my target price. Last one on lot and I feel I stole it. I now find I like it without the console that I "thought" I wanted. No AWD, but someday I may move up to the related TRAX. Comfort AND power. With the 1.4L Turbo, I drive it like a kid, so I don't get the MPG's I could, but they are still 3 times better than my Ole Jeep. Standard was wicked fun to test, but I'm older and went with the Auto to save the workout on my hips and shoulders. There are days though I wish I had the Manual :) I have had a few issues though; 1.Brake problem. The issue I had is not common and happens to almost any type car. It was resolved. 2. A water leak on passenger side, but it was addressed in a Bulletin and fixed. 3. Water pump hasn't died (YET), but it's a known issue and Chevy sent a letter to us that points out they will cover it up to 100K miles. 4. Glare off my gray Dash. But a black dash mat fixed that and looks awesome too. Polarized Glasses worked too. 5. Stock Tires. They may be OK for most, but they are horrible in the snow. I worried it was the car, but with GOOD ALL-Seasons, the car handles a LOT better. I did HATE the car for a while. But the reason wasn't the car itself, it was the incompetent dealership I went to for service first round. They didn't fix some of the things I listed above first try, and actually caused more issues. VERY frustrating. Once I brought the car to a GREAT Dealer, with Competent Techs, it was fixed professionally first try. I LOVE the car again!!! It's been great since the few issues I did have got addressed. There's a nice Sonic Owners forum on the web where I learned a lot more about the car and read shared stories. I am really surprised The Sonic is not more popular than than it is, but I'm glad in a way. The price would probably have been higher if this gem was more popular. If you're looking, at least take it for a drive. I think anyone will find it comfortable and Wicked Fun!!!!"

Love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage and comfortable seats."

Cons: "Don't really have any at this point."

"I absolutely love my Chevy Sonic. The gas mileage is awesome. I'm averaging about 40 mpg on the hwy. It's actually roomy inside and the seats are incredibly comfortable. I am constantly getting compliments on how pretty the car is. For it to be a small vehicle, it has a real sporty look. Good value for the money!"

great city car

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"i have driven cadillac, buick, saab and vw. this is one of my favorite cars"

Excellent mileage, dependable, cute, luv it

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "Noted blind spot in rear corners when backing"

Red hot like the color "Inferno Orange"

"Have to get used to closeness on slots of gears with shifter as changing gears can be awkward making me think I am in one gear and learn I am in different gear. Seats are flexible and adjust easily. Excellent gas mileage gauge range from 37.5 to 40.5. Fun to drive, handles great, excellent temperature control for heat and cooling. Bluetooth could be better on confirming phone numbers to dial. Receive many compliments on 'cuteness'."

Red hot like the color "Inferno Orange"