2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,261 - $16,606.

10/7.7

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Wonderful Starter Car!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "cheap, fun, amazing features, awesome gas mileage"

"I have had this car for a few months now and I love it. I traded in my Ford Focus for a new car, this is what I was approved for. I didn't even want to test drive this car until I saw it and got inside. One test drive and I was sold. it drives beautiful, has some great features and at the price it cost its like the extra stuff was free. So far nothing has broken, no issues whatsoever and I have a blast driving it. Its fun, feels sporty on the highway, and different from other cars in its class. Originality in a car these days is hard to find."

Excellent car!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Great, quality vehicle, especially for the price. Sporty look with great gas mileage (about 32 in town, 35 highway). Roomy interior. The brick on black interior with leather seats that warm your bumm is fantastic. Not exactly a powerhouse but it was never intended for that."

Best Value for a small economy car.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Nice options for the price, value."

Cons: "Depreciation factor"

"Great value for my sonic. Car is loaded enough for me with the LT package which includes remote start that i like a lot. Car is comfortable for the size with the armrest included on drivers seat. Insurance is also very reasonable with having 10 airbags standard. I have almost 13,000 miles in just over 2 years and all i have done is change the oil 3 times, thats it. Paid a little more for the Inferno Orange color and i like that, now the bad part, depreciation is hard on this car, around 29%(average is 21%), but if you plan to keep it more than 2 years you will be fine with no money down.I paid around 18,200 with tax and fees and all that out the door with 1.9% financing."

Made in USA

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "cold ac. electric sterring road feel missing"

Cons: "to much plastic for fla sun with tint"

"The majority of the parts are from parent Company Daewoo. funny they could not make a car here in the US, so GM, just had the parts. Transmission, motor imported from South Korea. I have had buyers remorse since I bought this Car. Noisy, had to change tires. better ride less road noise. Another item from Korea. Low cost high profit I thought I had done my homework GM touting made in US, and at the time the internet did not have much to say except praise. mine is a 2012 with 15.000 miles on it. There are loads of certified used autos and a few in this segment of Autos. Do your homework check to see where tranny is made also motor as mentioned above they could not make it here why would you want to take that chance Mine is all Daewoo. Problems with suspension and an array of other problems. One item is the gas mileage city and highway with a/C on 21mpg and that's running the mid grade gas did better using 93 octane. In my option its not a chivy its a deawoo in Chevy.clothing I must say more of the later models do have mtrs and trannnys made here. You just have to be careful, also as mentioned loads of other parts from Daewoo. My shocks for an example are Daewoo. And I paid cash for it,20K leaves a lot to be desired this day and time. Headlight is plastic through and through plastic reflectors. This car after about 5 years or so is a through away car. ,"

NEVER AGAIN

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"I never will own a GM again!! I have had nothing but problems with this car since DAY 1!!"