2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,178 - $14,491.

10/7.7

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great car/lousy gas mileage

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "The price was good and it is fun to rive"

Cons: "mileage is under20mpg city"

"I have the LTZ hatchback. It looks great, is comfortable and roomy for a small car but I'm only getting 19mpg city and should be getting at least 24mpg in town. I got 18mpg in my Honda Accord. It's been checked out by the dealer but with no success. I do like this car but the lack of good mileage in gas expensive Calif. is frustrating."

Great Value, Happy To Buy American

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, impressive hwy MPG, value priced"

Cons: "Hard to clean plastic molding around console"

"Before buying my Sonic, I drove a 2005 Kia Rio for the better part of 8 years, which was purchased new. You cannot even compare the Rio to the Sonic. The Sonic drives pretty smooth for a very compact car, and the Stabiltrak system handles great even during icy conditions. I drove this car from Chicago to Delaware last summer and was averaging about 41 MPG highway. While driving on the trip I hit many thunderstorms, and the Sonic handled them with ease. I see some negative reviews about the Sonic that range from saying the wiper blades are too slow to complaints about bluetooth connectivity. I have the base model, crank windows, AM/FM AUX audio only, hatchback. I am completely satisfied with the vehicle, without any of the options others have complained about. There does seem to be less MPG that stated in regards to city driving. I would quote my Sonic at about 23 MPG city, which is only 3 MPG less than stated by GM. The fact that I made it to Delaware on 4 tanks a gas should be a testament to the true performance power of the Chevy Sonic."

Just purchased 2013 Sonic RS

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "See main review"

Cons: "See main review"

"I just purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It is almost flawless which is great as It is MADE IN AMERICA. The black metallic paint is flawless. The RS 17 " wheels match the black very well. The RS seating is very well appointed and comfortable, as Is the interior in general. I like the dash layout very much. The car drives very well and is very quiet with a solid feel. I still have very low mileage but during this short time I am averaging between 25 and 32 mpg during big city suburban stop and go driving. I was hoping to get a little better mileage but this will work. The bottom line is I was waiting for the RS to come out based on reviews and purchased one as soon as I found one in my area. I am very satisfied with it in all aspects. I do have a couple items that in my opinion should be corrected. 1) The drivers position arm rest is not in the correct location for any comfortable use. 2) In speaking with a GM rep I could not get a satisfactory answer as to if and when the nav app will be released. 3) For some reason Onstar does not provide in car direct automated directions as you must speak to a rep for directions. 4) Bluetooth music from an IPhone to the mylink radio will not work. It must be connected to the USB port. With the popularity of the IPhone this makes no sense considering that this technology is readily available with other vehicle manufacturers. With all this being said I am very happy with this purchase. It is a very comfortable and fun car to drive."

Love my Chevy Sonic!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Great car to drive."

"After road testing the Honda Fit, I tried the Chevy Sonic. The Sonic accelerated faster and the ride was quieter than the Fit. I now own the Sonic 1LT/Turbo sedan with the 6 speed manual transmission. I am averaging 36 MPG with highway and city driving combined. The 2013 Chevrolet Sonic offers a lot of safety, refinement, and comfort--in a sporty-looking, sporty-driving package. The Chevy Sonic is equipped to take on the Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Ford Fiesta, and Toyota Yaris. Love it!"

Best sub-compact!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Solid & fun to drive"

"Chevy went from last, to first in the sub-compact market. 2012 was the first year for the Sonic - it was the highest selling sub-compact in the US (81,000)and the only one built in America. The Chevrolet Sonic gets good gas mileage and is very solid built automobile. I like the way my 1LT with turbo handles highway or country roads - it makes driving a pleasure. I would not trade it in on any other sub-compact."

Fun. Cheap.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Price. Turbo. Good gas mileage."

At the lot!

"Get the turbo. Fun to drive. Good for price. Good gas mileage. Buy American."

At the lot!

Amazing vehicle. I love it!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish, great gas mileage"

Cons: "would like leather seats and sun roof"

"This car gets amazing gas mileage. The inside is very nice and comfortable. The trunk is shocking; it is huge! I love that you can use Bluetooth and you can sync your Mp3 to it. If you are looking for a great car, go for the Sonic!"

Awesome car, Fun, Fast and excellent 40 plus MPG.

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, great MPG, great fun to drive."

Cons: "Wish I had a center arm rest."

"Decided to sell my 2001 Jeep Cherokee because of fuel economy and started to do the research. I really wanted to stick with domestic so my search was narowed to the Chevy Sonic and the Ford Fiesta and I did not want to wait for the Dodge Dart. Drove the Fiesta and the Sonic and there was no comparison, the Chevy rode better, was quicker, quiet and very comfortable. My research led me to order a sedan LT with the 1.4 Turbo, six speed manual. We have now driven over 5000 miles with a combined fuel avearge of 40MPG since we bought the car. If you are in the market for a subcompact car you really need to check out the Sonic. This car has exceeded all of our expectations and for someone who had not owned a GM vehicle for years it has created a new confidence that we can build a car in Michigan, USA, that can compete with the best in the world. Nice job Chevrolet, and thanks to the Lake Orion workers who have built a world class car. Keep it up!"

Best of Both Worlds

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Mileage, Looks, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Cup Holders, Some Cheap Plastic,"

"I've had my sonic for approximately 6 months and I'm a satisfied customer. I have the turbo 1.4L and would highly recommend this motor over the 1.8. It's only a 750.00 dollar option, but gives better fuel mileage and more power. If styling and buying an American made product are two high concerns, then look no further. Assembled in Lake Orion Michigan by American workers with a look and stance that clearly sets it apart from its predecessors. It has four fully functional doors, but has the sportiness look of a two door. It was motorcycle inspired and has a gauge cluster as well as a set of headlights that are unlike anything else on the market. I'm currently averaging 42 MPG and have had zero problems. I've recently installed a performance tune and I'm now at 178 Horsepower and 198 ft lb of torque. All of this while still averaging 40MPG. Anyone looking for a great commuter car that has a little get-up and most of all "American Made," look no further. This car will go down in history as the "sleeper" that was overlooked."

30+ MPG and a Very Smooth Ride!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I purchased my Sonic LT sedan (1.8 engine, 6-speed sutomatic) a month ago and I must say I have enjoyed driving it thus far. I traded in my 2002 impala for this car for the higher mpg's and was ready to downsize. After test driving the car, I knew I had to have it. I have driven the car about 750 miles so far and am consistently getting 30+ mpg. At the last fill up, I had a combined 30.5 mpg (70% highway 30% city). This was my manual calculation. The onboard computer recorded 31.4 so the calculations were very close. Of course, I have been driving rather conservatively, usually going 60-65 mph. I love how the car drives. The engine has great power for a car of this size and it drives very smoothly. Also, the steering is light but not too light. The car is great on the highway as well as the city streets. I really like the features that the LT has. I like the bluetooth, the cruise control, and all the cubby holes to store certain items. The interior looks great and the cloth seats are very comfortable. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is an awesome looking car with a decent amount of power under the hood."