2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,020 - $14,369.

10/7.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very nice car.

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg and roomy"

Cons: "No trunk release and arm rest for passenger."

"I bought for gas mileage and has been excellent. I have the turbo 1.4 with an automatic and have gotten 31 mpg on a tank of fuel. Biggest complaint is no trunk release inside car. The automatic also seems to down shift hard/early, no problems yet, but i think it does this to keep the turbo from having lag. Great car for the price."

Beats the Competition

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliability, interior space"

Cons: "not enough pedal space for big footed people"

"This is an excellent car for the money. People who complain about the gas mileage in comparison to other sub compacts need to remember that the Sonic blows the others away in engine power and acceleration. It also drives more substantial than the others because it is somewhat heavier."

A lot of feature for a practical price

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great sound system/electronics"

Cons: "Seats stiff, not the most comfortable"

"The Chevrolet Sonic is a very affordable car with good gas mileage and numerous features in the LT model. While the interiors finishing is adequate albeit stiff, it does provide enough for a basic price. The car could use an additional 12V power supply/USB port for the back seat. Overall I would highly recommend this car in comparison to the Cruze that is fetching top dollar."

Cute car, but disappointing performance

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Reason: Bad gas mileage, poor rear visibility, poor acceleration, sluggish transmission.

Pros: "Looks nice, roomy interior, good options."

Cons: "Poor performance,poor rear visibility."

"Lots of bling but came up short on performance. Highway mpg good at about 35, but the best I could get in city was about 23 or less. For a small car like this, I would expect better. Rear visibility was terrible due to rear headrests. Very uncomfortable back seat. Uphill was a struggle. I would usually have to downshift manually, since the automatic mode was too slow to compensate and engine would lug at 1600 RPM. Hatchback was difficult to keep clean due to its shape. Traded it in for a Hyundai Tuscon and I'm much happier."

worst car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

"worst car I have ever bought. transmission changes all the time, gas mileageis 27, no power to pull hills."

Chevy couldn't have built a better car for me!

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "EconocarwithameanstreakAppliancewithanattitude"

Cons: "Steeringwheel,Brakefeel"

"I bought a '12 Sonic LT 1.4t 6speed manual trans hatchback. Looked at 3 other subcompact cars and none came close to the this drivers expectations of what this 40mpg, roomy, quiet, Peppy Chevy delivers. They were all noisy and weak on power not to men chin built overseas or Mexico. Granted this has a lot of foreign parts to it but they are from the country(s) that excels on making that part. The chassis is all USA and more than 300+ pounds heavier then anyone else in the subcompact size. The doors open WIDE too. I could write all day on all the good thing about this car but you need to sit in it and drive it. It does have a few qwerks. Brake pedal feel is on the light side(my tastes), power from engine is not linear(good description from critic) but once you get used to it, its a blast to drive. You have a peppy engine when you need it and an anemic one when you want 40 miles per gallon. My average with the onboard computer is 36mpg, filled up twice doing math old school 35.7mpg. So I know this car CAN get 40mpg! Oh, the steering wheel trim Does scratch very easy."

Value, fuel efficiency, stylish, fun

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, Mylink, beautiful color blue"

Cons: "Can't 100% recline, becomes uncomfortable."

"The key things my wife and I were looking for in a car was value and fuel economy, and 6000 miles into this car my wife and are completely satisfied with this vehicle. Using the lower octane winter gas my wife can average 34mpg for a take of gas. Her commute if 95% highway. We should be able to come pretty close to the advertised 37mpg in the summer with the higher octane gasoline. If you aren't careful with your accelerator, I find you can kill your city driving mpg very quickly. The interior spacious for me at 5'11''. I find the seats adequately comfy, perfectly satisfying for longer drives. The materials used in the interior are not anything to write home about, but it all looks good. Note: Had trouble leaning the seat all the way back, creates a hump near your lower back making it untenable - but 70% reclined was fine. Lastly, the MYLINK entertainment center comes highly recommended. The bluetooth connection works for both phone calls and music and works really well. The system is easy to understand and quick to navigate."

Great car/lousy gas mileage

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "The price was good and it is fun to rive"

Cons: "mileage is under20mpg city"

"I have the LTZ hatchback. It looks great, is comfortable and roomy for a small car but I'm only getting 19mpg city and should be getting at least 24mpg in town. I got 18mpg in my Honda Accord. It's been checked out by the dealer but with no success. I do like this car but the lack of good mileage in gas expensive Calif. is frustrating."

Great Value, Happy To Buy American

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, impressive hwy MPG, value priced"

Cons: "Hard to clean plastic molding around console"

"Before buying my Sonic, I drove a 2005 Kia Rio for the better part of 8 years, which was purchased new. You cannot even compare the Rio to the Sonic. The Sonic drives pretty smooth for a very compact car, and the Stabiltrak system handles great even during icy conditions. I drove this car from Chicago to Delaware last summer and was averaging about 41 MPG highway. While driving on the trip I hit many thunderstorms, and the Sonic handled them with ease. I see some negative reviews about the Sonic that range from saying the wiper blades are too slow to complaints about bluetooth connectivity. I have the base model, crank windows, AM/FM AUX audio only, hatchback. I am completely satisfied with the vehicle, without any of the options others have complained about. There does seem to be less MPG that stated in regards to city driving. I would quote my Sonic at about 23 MPG city, which is only 3 MPG less than stated by GM. The fact that I made it to Delaware on 4 tanks a gas should be a testament to the true performance power of the Chevy Sonic."

Just purchased 2013 Sonic RS

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "See main review"

Cons: "See main review"

"I just purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It is almost flawless which is great as It is MADE IN AMERICA. The black metallic paint is flawless. The RS 17 " wheels match the black very well. The RS seating is very well appointed and comfortable, as Is the interior in general. I like the dash layout very much. The car drives very well and is very quiet with a solid feel. I still have very low mileage but during this short time I am averaging between 25 and 32 mpg during big city suburban stop and go driving. I was hoping to get a little better mileage but this will work. The bottom line is I was waiting for the RS to come out based on reviews and purchased one as soon as I found one in my area. I am very satisfied with it in all aspects. I do have a couple items that in my opinion should be corrected. 1) The drivers position arm rest is not in the correct location for any comfortable use. 2) In speaking with a GM rep I could not get a satisfactory answer as to if and when the nav app will be released. 3) For some reason Onstar does not provide in car direct automated directions as you must speak to a rep for directions. 4) Bluetooth music from an IPhone to the mylink radio will not work. It must be connected to the USB port. With the popularity of the IPhone this makes no sense considering that this technology is readily available with other vehicle manufacturers. With all this being said I am very happy with this purchase. It is a very comfortable and fun car to drive."