2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,154 - $14,487.

10/7.7

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

The value of this car is beyond a 10!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Great Price/Value, Great mpg, Easy to maneuver"

"If you are looking for bang for you buck, you found the perfect car. I should mention I have the LT connectivity package, so it does have a lot of the bells and whistles. The car drives great. Does awesome on gas mileage. If I had to say there is a downside it would be the space in the car. If your tall, then this car is probably not a good choice for you, but you would figure that out quick on the test drive. I do have to say there is a lot of trunk space though. For example, I can fit my golf clubs easily in the trunk. Plus, the back seat folds down very easy, which allows even large items to be stowed/shipped. I've had the car for two years now and am still very happy with the purchase."

One Of The Best Money Can Buy

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Solid car, fun to drive, small but spacious"

Cons: "none to list"

"Bought a 2014 Sonic LT Turbo in March of this year. After driving this car for three full months, I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this car. I bought the hatchback in the color Cool Blue and. Its a solid, well manufactured car. Its got good "get up and go'" great interior space for a subcompact, a great exterior look, simple but fresh interior look with excellent accents and not to mention great MPGs! I'm averaging 33 MPG so far. Only got a slight taste of how it drives in the snow but I did my 18 mile drive to work in 5 inches of snow one day two weeks after I got it and it excelled. Drove better than my Impala did! Has great handling, takes corners like a champ, easy to park, really just a fun, fun, fun car to drive! If you are looking for something fresh and exciting, give this car a chance! You won't be disappointed!"

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving"

Cons: "Cup holder locations, I have to bend arm odd"

"The gas mileage I get is well above the sticker listing- I am pulling in 35-38 MPG, and this is Atlanta city stop and go traffic too. Plus I cannot find this listing online for the car, but I have the automatic transmission, with the option to do the manual 6 speed shift, which helps out in the gas department and staying in the lower speed ranges when I'm in a construction zone and during the 2 snows this year, I had not trouble, I shifted to the manual and the stabilitrak, and that car drove me home on it's own! I love it! I took an impact to the rear end at a red light- I was at a complete stop and was hit by a Ford Edge, who was going at least the speedlimit of 45, which did not notice me stopped and the red light because she was fighting with her boyfriend. I had a scratch on my bumper, and was a little sore for about 24 hours, but her entire front end was smashed in and totaled. After having my car checked out at the dealer I had nothing more than the scratch on that car internally and at that point I was completely impressed! Especially when I learned of the full steel cage construction of the frame and the safety involved. It came in handy again 2 weeks later when I took a side impact at another stop light when one car turned infront of another and that car swerved to miss it and jumped the curb into my car, and I had nothing worse than a door ding."

Not a great car, but ok

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"Not a bad car for the segment. I have had this car for about a year and have mixed opinions. I have treated the exterior pretty well, but it is trashed after one year 15,000 miles (dings, dents, scratches, missing paint), I believe the driving dynamics are best-in-class. Would I recommend this car? maybe. Honestly, if I could do over, I would look elsewhere though. pros: optional 1.4 turbo, great use of space, good audio quality, steering is very responsive and well weighted, exterior looks, and overall driving dynamics, very comfortable especially for a sub-compact, great trunk space (sedan) cons: overall quality is poor (cheap plastics), 6-speed manual trans. not very smooth, poor suspension, interior noises and rattles, always needs something fixed, horrible exterior paint quality, overall not very durable, I get advertised gas mileage which is good but I expect better for a 1.4 liter sub-3000 pound car,a little too expensive, horrible resale value"