2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,780 - $14,163.

10/7.7

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

The best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power packed into a comfy size."

Cons: "I wish the warranty was for 200,000 miles!"

"I would buy this Sonic 2012 LT Hatchback over and over and over again........ it is just that good!"

SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg, interior features"

Cons: "wheel well gap,"

"I bought this car purely on a test drive, with no intentions to buy a new car. I absolutely fell in love! The 1.4l turbo is the way to go however, and Im glad I got it. The power isn't massive, but its very peppy, handles incredibly well and the understeer doesn't control you in the tight turns. Would be an awesome track car as well. Great on gas too! I run premium always, and have seen 45mpg highway, and usually am around 33 to 36 around town when driving like a law abiding citizen. Great car, a blast to drive."

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

Fun. Cheap.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Price. Turbo. Good gas mileage."

At the lot!

"Get the turbo. Fun to drive. Good for price. Good gas mileage. Buy American."

At the lot!

Terrific Car

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "only what you can see by looking -- e.g. small"

"Fun to drive & I've never had to do ANY repairs, not even warranty. 38 mpg combined highway & local."

pleasanty supprized

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "everything i needed and more"

"I traded in my 2007 Impala for the Sonic LT in December, 2011. I needed a smaller car to tow with a tow dolly behind my motor home because I sold my 2002 Saturn and didn't need two cars anymore. The Sonic road as well as the Impala, had more than adequate trunk space, road on the tow dolly behind the motor home as if it wasn't even there, and was cavernous compared to the Saturn. The 1.8 engine with the 6 speed automatic transmission runs flawless with more than adequate power. For what I wanted, it is much more than adequate."

Nothing special

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Pros: "Solid mechanically"

Cons: "doesnt have the options to compete"

"If you want a car that will start and get you from A to B, this is no problem. However, this car hardly competes with the Ford fiesta or Honda fit. It is mechanically sound, but should not be priced near the competing cars. It just doesn’t have the stock options. The Sonic would be a great car if you could beat them down on price, but as it stands, The Ford and Honda models have much more value for the price."

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

Chevy has their foot in the subcompact segment!

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Price of base, Not common, Fun, 32 combined mpg"

Cons: "Unknown reliablitilty, low front clearance,"

"I owned the Chevy Sonic 1.8l auto for a year and 9months with 81k miles to my name. The Car is functional and practical for everyday use. The car I owned did come with some problems in the trans and was quote fixed. If you are interested in the car go for the 1.4l it is say a bit more enjoyable to drive. The mpg is up there for not being a hybrid. nonetheless it is a fun little car. The Rating is based on the value for price."

fun to drive, solid daily commuter!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "mpg, room, engine, suspension"

Cons: "interior materials, American car dealers"

"I purchased a Sonic after test driving a Hyundai Accent and Ford Fiesta. I liked the Accent just as much, but the price is what got me into the Sonic. Since it was a '13 model I got it for pretty cheap. A similar Accent would have been a few grand more. I drive over 100 miles a day for work so I wanted something good on gas and reliable. So far this little Chevy fits the bill, and more. LIKES: Engine/6 speed manual. For being a little 1.4, I have no problems merging onto the highway which I was scared of going into the subcompact class. Suspension. Feels great on the road for only weighing around 2700 lbs. In the Fiesta I was a little nervous test driving it on the highway, but the Sonic felt great even at 80mph. Interior is very roomy. I can fit two car seats (with kids in them) and myself/pass in the front seats with no problems. The Accent didn't seem big enough to pull this off. I was surprised I could pull this off without making major adjustments to my seating position. Bluetooth easy to set up, easy to use. Great gas mileage!! With the 1.4/6 speed manual I get around 41 mpg highway, 34 in mixed driving. DISLIKES: American car dealerships are the worst (not the cars fault but was almost a deal breaker for me). Arm rest fabric is so rough it gives me rug burn. Pretty much unusable. No spare tire. I don't want anything to do with some inflator kit. No streaming bluetooth audio (I heard the '14 has this). Only 1 key? come on Chevy.... CONCLUSION: I would recommend this car for sure. I personally liked it better than the Fiesta, and just as much as an Accent (actually a little better I suppose considering the interior room issue). I have been averaging around 41-42 mpg highway and was pretty surprised my family could fit in this thing comfortably. I love this car!!"