2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,230 - $14,529.

10/7.7

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Wonderful Starter Car!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "cheap, fun, amazing features, awesome gas mileage"

"I have had this car for a few months now and I love it. I traded in my Ford Focus for a new car, this is what I was approved for. I didn't even want to test drive this car until I saw it and got inside. One test drive and I was sold. it drives beautiful, has some great features and at the price it cost its like the extra stuff was free. So far nothing has broken, no issues whatsoever and I have a blast driving it. Its fun, feels sporty on the highway, and different from other cars in its class. Originality in a car these days is hard to find."

Excellent car!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Great, quality vehicle, especially for the price. Sporty look with great gas mileage (about 32 in town, 35 highway). Roomy interior. The brick on black interior with leather seats that warm your bumm is fantastic. Not exactly a powerhouse but it was never intended for that."

Best Value for a small economy car.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Nice options for the price, value."

Cons: "Depreciation factor"

"Great value for my sonic. Car is loaded enough for me with the LT package which includes remote start that i like a lot. Car is comfortable for the size with the armrest included on drivers seat. Insurance is also very reasonable with having 10 airbags standard. I have almost 13,000 miles in just over 2 years and all i have done is change the oil 3 times, thats it. Paid a little more for the Inferno Orange color and i like that, now the bad part, depreciation is hard on this car, around 29%(average is 21%), but if you plan to keep it more than 2 years you will be fine with no money down.I paid around 18,200 with tax and fees and all that out the door with 1.9% financing."

Made in USA

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "cold ac. electric sterring road feel missing"

Cons: "to much plastic for fla sun with tint"

"The majority of the parts are from parent Company Daewoo. funny they could not make a car here in the US, so GM, just had the parts. Transmission, motor imported from South Korea. I have had buyers remorse since I bought this Car. Noisy, had to change tires. better ride less road noise. Another item from Korea. Low cost high profit I thought I had done my homework GM touting made in US, and at the time the internet did not have much to say except praise. mine is a 2012 with 15.000 miles on it. There are loads of certified used autos and a few in this segment of Autos. Do your homework check to see where tranny is made also motor as mentioned above they could not make it here why would you want to take that chance Mine is all Daewoo. Problems with suspension and an array of other problems. One item is the gas mileage city and highway with a/C on 21mpg and that's running the mid grade gas did better using 93 octane. In my option its not a chivy its a deawoo in Chevy.clothing I must say more of the later models do have mtrs and trannnys made here. You just have to be careful, also as mentioned loads of other parts from Daewoo. My shocks for an example are Daewoo. And I paid cash for it,20K leaves a lot to be desired this day and time. Headlight is plastic through and through plastic reflectors. This car after about 5 years or so is a through away car. ,"

NEVER AGAIN

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"I never will own a GM again!! I have had nothing but problems with this car since DAY 1!!"

This is an amazing vehicle, so much fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sun roof in mine.."

"Love the manual transmission, very easy to learn on!"

The value of this car is beyond a 10!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Great Price/Value, Great mpg, Easy to maneuver"

"If you are looking for bang for you buck, you found the perfect car. I should mention I have the LT connectivity package, so it does have a lot of the bells and whistles. The car drives great. Does awesome on gas mileage. If I had to say there is a downside it would be the space in the car. If your tall, then this car is probably not a good choice for you, but you would figure that out quick on the test drive. I do have to say there is a lot of trunk space though. For example, I can fit my golf clubs easily in the trunk. Plus, the back seat folds down very easy, which allows even large items to be stowed/shipped. I've had the car for two years now and am still very happy with the purchase."

One Of The Best Money Can Buy

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Solid car, fun to drive, small but spacious"

Cons: "none to list"

"Bought a 2014 Sonic LT Turbo in March of this year. After driving this car for three full months, I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this car. I bought the hatchback in the color Cool Blue and. Its a solid, well manufactured car. Its got good "get up and go'" great interior space for a subcompact, a great exterior look, simple but fresh interior look with excellent accents and not to mention great MPGs! I'm averaging 33 MPG so far. Only got a slight taste of how it drives in the snow but I did my 18 mile drive to work in 5 inches of snow one day two weeks after I got it and it excelled. Drove better than my Impala did! Has great handling, takes corners like a champ, easy to park, really just a fun, fun, fun car to drive! If you are looking for something fresh and exciting, give this car a chance! You won't be disappointed!"

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving"

Cons: "Cup holder locations, I have to bend arm odd"

"The gas mileage I get is well above the sticker listing- I am pulling in 35-38 MPG, and this is Atlanta city stop and go traffic too. Plus I cannot find this listing online for the car, but I have the automatic transmission, with the option to do the manual 6 speed shift, which helps out in the gas department and staying in the lower speed ranges when I'm in a construction zone and during the 2 snows this year, I had not trouble, I shifted to the manual and the stabilitrak, and that car drove me home on it's own! I love it! I took an impact to the rear end at a red light- I was at a complete stop and was hit by a Ford Edge, who was going at least the speedlimit of 45, which did not notice me stopped and the red light because she was fighting with her boyfriend. I had a scratch on my bumper, and was a little sore for about 24 hours, but her entire front end was smashed in and totaled. After having my car checked out at the dealer I had nothing more than the scratch on that car internally and at that point I was completely impressed! Especially when I learned of the full steel cage construction of the frame and the safety involved. It came in handy again 2 weeks later when I took a side impact at another stop light when one car turned infront of another and that car swerved to miss it and jumped the curb into my car, and I had nothing worse than a door ding."