2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,087 - $16,432.

10/7.7

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Best of Both Worlds

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Mileage, Looks, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Cup Holders, Some Cheap Plastic,"

"I've had my sonic for approximately 6 months and I'm a satisfied customer. I have the turbo 1.4L and would highly recommend this motor over the 1.8. It's only a 750.00 dollar option, but gives better fuel mileage and more power. If styling and buying an American made product are two high concerns, then look no further. Assembled in Lake Orion Michigan by American workers with a look and stance that clearly sets it apart from its predecessors. It has four fully functional doors, but has the sportiness look of a two door. It was motorcycle inspired and has a gauge cluster as well as a set of headlights that are unlike anything else on the market. I'm currently averaging 42 MPG and have had zero problems. I've recently installed a performance tune and I'm now at 178 Horsepower and 198 ft lb of torque. All of this while still averaging 40MPG. Anyone looking for a great commuter car that has a little get-up and most of all "American Made," look no further. This car will go down in history as the "sleeper" that was overlooked."

30+ MPG and a Very Smooth Ride!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I purchased my Sonic LT sedan (1.8 engine, 6-speed sutomatic) a month ago and I must say I have enjoyed driving it thus far. I traded in my 2002 impala for this car for the higher mpg's and was ready to downsize. After test driving the car, I knew I had to have it. I have driven the car about 750 miles so far and am consistently getting 30+ mpg. At the last fill up, I had a combined 30.5 mpg (70% highway 30% city). This was my manual calculation. The onboard computer recorded 31.4 so the calculations were very close. Of course, I have been driving rather conservatively, usually going 60-65 mph. I love how the car drives. The engine has great power for a car of this size and it drives very smoothly. Also, the steering is light but not too light. The car is great on the highway as well as the city streets. I really like the features that the LT has. I like the bluetooth, the cruise control, and all the cubby holes to store certain items. The interior looks great and the cloth seats are very comfortable. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is an awesome looking car with a decent amount of power under the hood."

28,000+ miles average mpg I'm getting 34!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "great little car. Can park it anywhere."

Cons: "Buy cruise, save speeding ticket costs"

"I only wish I had bought cruise. I cost me a speeding ticket; so fast so quiet it's easy to have to "back off" when just talking and driving! Combined city and highway with 93 octane clean gas my dashboard computer says 34.1 mpg. With the rear seat folded down I even hauled 4- 3' by 3' new windows, stacked, with the rear hatch closed. Lots of behind the front seat space. My wife wants me to buy her one; with cruise."

Very happy with my Sonic

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, plenty of pep, comfortable on trips."

Cons: "A little hesitant going uphill."

"I bought my 2012 Sonic LT turbo in feb of 2012 and have loved driving it. I've taken it on 2 long trips (florida to missouri in march (1200 miles) and florida to michigan in july (1300 miles)) it was a pleasure to drive, deceptively comfortable and great on gas. Also, much more space inside than you would think. The Sonic is practical, sporty, and has plenty of pep too. I would highly recommend it."

Fantastic car.

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great features"

"A fantastic car. Mileage is fantastic, but the turbo 1.4 still has plenty of get up and go. It is super fun to drive, and handles great. Ride is smooth and quiet, and the manual transmission is super smooth and easy to work. If you can't drive a manual, leaning on this car would be easy. Comes with lots of great features, I love the second glove box with USB and auxiliary. The leatherette seating is comfortable and looks great. The layout of the console is great, and gauge cluster is fantastic (I thought it would look tacky in person). The hatchback has good space in the rear for a small car, and the floor can be lowered for more space. The cargo cover stores easily. Overall build quality is good, obviously there is a lot of plastic. It is to be expected, the car starts at a very low price. That being said, everything looks great. Nothing looks cheap, buttons feel solid. Plus, no one really touches their dashboard, so it doesn't matter if it is plastic! I've only had it for 1000 miles, so I can't really comment on reliability. My only complaint is that the bluetooth doesn't show song information from my iPhone, although I could just be doing something wrong. Overall, I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a small hatchback that is fun to drive and gets great fuel economy. I test drove the Veloster and Focus as well, and I thought the Sonic looked the best and was the best to drive. I really can't recommend it enough!"