2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,388 - $14,803.

10/7.7

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

Just purchased 2013 Sonic RS

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "See main review"

Cons: "See main review"

"I just purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It is almost flawless which is great as It is MADE IN AMERICA. The black metallic paint is flawless. The RS 17 " wheels match the black very well. The RS seating is very well appointed and comfortable, as Is the interior in general. I like the dash layout very much. The car drives very well and is very quiet with a solid feel. I still have very low mileage but during this short time I am averaging between 25 and 32 mpg during big city suburban stop and go driving. I was hoping to get a little better mileage but this will work. The bottom line is I was waiting for the RS to come out based on reviews and purchased one as soon as I found one in my area. I am very satisfied with it in all aspects. I do have a couple items that in my opinion should be corrected. 1) The drivers position arm rest is not in the correct location for any comfortable use. 2) In speaking with a GM rep I could not get a satisfactory answer as to if and when the nav app will be released. 3) For some reason Onstar does not provide in car direct automated directions as you must speak to a rep for directions. 4) Bluetooth music from an IPhone to the mylink radio will not work. It must be connected to the USB port. With the popularity of the IPhone this makes no sense considering that this technology is readily available with other vehicle manufacturers. With all this being said I am very happy with this purchase. It is a very comfortable and fun car to drive."

Cute and fun to drive!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "good price, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "no power mirrors, power windows in the base model"

"I was actually looking to purchase something a little bigger when I saw some consumer reviews for the Sonic and decided to take it for a spin. I LOVE THIS CAR! The interior is a lot roomier than it appears from the outside, my husband is 6'4" and even he is comfortable in my car. The car is a really smooth ride, it handles really well, considering it's not very powerful. The trunk size is great, we went grocery shopping a few days ago, and spent over $400 on food and got all of it the trunk! I like the exterior styling, it's like a cute little prowler! I purchased the base model, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the LTZ when the automatic becomes available with a turbo engine. Overall, a great "starer car", and a great car for the money."

Wow.. Love it!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Perfect... All around for the price"

Cons: "Sits a little low. Front end bottomed a few times"

"Just over a year old now and our family LOVES the Sonic!... Style, Comfort, space efficient, and spunk!... the gas mileage is great (Avg. 33 daily - 42 Hwy)"

Great car if you are looking for something small

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Drive, great on gas, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spots, not too comfy on long trips"

"This car drives nice. The interior is nice, but I think the cup holders aren't in the most convenient spots. I love that my car came is remote start. The front seats are kinda roomy, but its not great in the back. The blind spots are terrible. If I would have realized the blind spot issue before I bought the car, I would have chosen something else. But its a great car for the price."

Best sub-compact!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Solid & fun to drive"

"Chevy went from last, to first in the sub-compact market. 2012 was the first year for the Sonic - it was the highest selling sub-compact in the US (81,000)and the only one built in America. The Chevrolet Sonic gets good gas mileage and is very solid built automobile. I like the way my 1LT with turbo handles highway or country roads - it makes driving a pleasure. I would not trade it in on any other sub-compact."

6"4" Tall big man fits nicely!!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, fun factor, performance"

Cons: "needs center armrest"

"I was sceptical about test driving this small car, I'm used to driving a Jeep cherokee, But the Gas $$ were killing me! What a suprise to find that I fit into this car perfectly! very easy to get in"

Love this car

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "value, sassiness, spacious for a subcompact"

"My last couple of cars have been hatchbacks, I wanted another. Really love how quiet this car is, it's peppiness, and spacious back seat. Just had family in for the long weekend and had no complaints hauling their over 6 foot frames around town. Milage isn't quite what I was hoping (averaging 22 in city so far) and the stereo broke the first week I had it. (though was quickly replaced). Glad I got the LTZ model ... love the bells and whistles."

The best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power packed into a comfy size."

Cons: "I wish the warranty was for 200,000 miles!"

"I would buy this Sonic 2012 LT Hatchback over and over and over again........ it is just that good!"

SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg, interior features"

Cons: "wheel well gap,"

"I bought this car purely on a test drive, with no intentions to buy a new car. I absolutely fell in love! The 1.4l turbo is the way to go however, and Im glad I got it. The power isn't massive, but its very peppy, handles incredibly well and the understeer doesn't control you in the tight turns. Would be an awesome track car as well. Great on gas too! I run premium always, and have seen 45mpg highway, and usually am around 33 to 36 around town when driving like a law abiding citizen. Great car, a blast to drive."