2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,313 - $14,710.

10/7.7

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

30+ MPG and a Very Smooth Ride!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I purchased my Sonic LT sedan (1.8 engine, 6-speed sutomatic) a month ago and I must say I have enjoyed driving it thus far. I traded in my 2002 impala for this car for the higher mpg's and was ready to downsize. After test driving the car, I knew I had to have it. I have driven the car about 750 miles so far and am consistently getting 30+ mpg. At the last fill up, I had a combined 30.5 mpg (70% highway 30% city). This was my manual calculation. The onboard computer recorded 31.4 so the calculations were very close. Of course, I have been driving rather conservatively, usually going 60-65 mph. I love how the car drives. The engine has great power for a car of this size and it drives very smoothly. Also, the steering is light but not too light. The car is great on the highway as well as the city streets. I really like the features that the LT has. I like the bluetooth, the cruise control, and all the cubby holes to store certain items. The interior looks great and the cloth seats are very comfortable. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is an awesome looking car with a decent amount of power under the hood."

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

My First Car

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great price! PERFECT size, OnStar, good gas, comfy"

Cons: "No power windows, cruise or CD player in LS"

I added the pink pin stripe :)

"This car is perfect for me. Single military member and this is my first car. It's super safe with the 10 air bags. AIRBAGS FOR YOUR KNEES! REALLY! On Star is a huge plus! I can plug my iPhone up and save up to 36 radio stations. It gets great gas and the trunk is HUGE! I LOVE THIS CAR!!"

I added the pink pin stripe :)

Very happy with my Sonic

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, plenty of pep, comfortable on trips."

Cons: "A little hesitant going uphill."

"I bought my 2012 Sonic LT turbo in feb of 2012 and have loved driving it. I've taken it on 2 long trips (florida to missouri in march (1200 miles) and florida to michigan in july (1300 miles)) it was a pleasure to drive, deceptively comfortable and great on gas. Also, much more space inside than you would think. The Sonic is practical, sporty, and has plenty of pep too. I would highly recommend it."

A Really Really Nice Car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "Style, acceleration, handling, mileage"

Cons: "None so far"

"I thought I needed a car in the next size category, but I could not find a reason to pass on the Chevrolet Sonic LTZ hatchback. I added the turbo engine, auto trans and sun roof, and have been extremely pleased. I am getting 32mpg city, and continuous compliments from people who talk with me about how great the car looks. I have let those who ask take it for a drive. Every one who has gets a smile on their face, admits how surprised they are by how well it handles, how secure it feels, how quiet it is, and how much fun it is to drive."