2013 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 167 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

Best quality vehicle we have owned.

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Looks, fun ride, features/accessories,air-bags"

Cons: "Cup holder position.Fairly high priced."

"We only have 18,000 miles on our Sonic, bought new. The Turbo 1.4L Sonic 6-speed-automatic is quiet but very peppy. Jackrabbit starts reduce mileage considerably! At steady 45mph it can achieve 52mpg. At 35-40mph with few stops, mileage is 38-42mpg. Stop and start in town is 26-30mpg. TEN Air-Bags ! We drive sensibly, and only once a month the transmission "hunts" a moment for a gear. If you have a lead-foot and brake hard and lead-foot again, the transmission will "hunt" for a gear. Otherwise, the gear changes are imperceptible. Coasting to a stop the transmission gradually downshifts through all the gears, and in gear 2 the engine is engaged and it torques like a light braking effect. At Idle, the transmission disengages; when brakes are released, it engages instantly. Manually shifting through the gears is available, but is no fun, as it overrides your choice (for sake of safety?) too often, and if you play the gears, fuel mileage FALLS. Ride is perfect and sporty for vehicle type and size, and the car hugs the road and takes turns without sway. Electric steering has road feel and requires a little effort, so you know you are driving. Power Brakes also require a little force, but it stops on a dime. Style is quirky in rear, handsome in front, rakish from side. Wheels are painted silver alloy, never get brake dust stains, and always appear clean. Monotone color scheme is achieved free if car is black or gray. Interior is durable, and roomy enough if you are 5'10" or less. 4'10" wife drives with safe space between face-chest and the steering wheel. Seats are not too low, as some small cars can be. Rear visibility is greatly blocked by rear-seat headrests, which we remove if we have no riders back there. Brake lights are VERY bright. Headlights do the proper job. There is a spacious hidden compartment above the mini-spare-tire, and then the visible storage is ample for a car of very short bodied hatchback design. Rear seats fold down very close to flat. High ceiling allows lots of headroom and increases hatch volume...the car is about 2 inches taller than other cars I have owned. Tachometer is bold and analog, Speedometer is digital and easy to read. Radio sounds terrific, even when blasting. Oil life monitor and continuous mpg readout and other choices are on the computer-mini-screen. Fuel gauge has 12 boxes that relate perfectly to the approx. 12-gallon tank. A warning light goes on when using last gallon. Stiff plastic Door Pocket rim rubs the side of your leg. Cup holder between front seats is too far back. Glove box and an electronic device box are good sized. Powerful heat/a-c fan and tight body actually makes you have to slam the last door shut."

A Nice Little Car for the Price

By on Friday, September 5, 2014

"I bought this car because it is assembled in USA. My car is 2013 LTZ with 5 speed manual transmission, gas mileage is excellent, combine highway and city, 33.9 miles. I drove the car cross the country, it's given me a lot fun! The only thing is the clock synchronization is not working and the leather seats look like fake. Otherwise, it is a perfect car! Thanks GM!"

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals