2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,482 - $14,851.

10/7.8

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

28,000+ miles average mpg I'm getting 34!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "great little car. Can park it anywhere."

Cons: "Buy cruise, save speeding ticket costs"

"I only wish I had bought cruise. I cost me a speeding ticket; so fast so quiet it's easy to have to "back off" when just talking and driving! Combined city and highway with 93 octane clean gas my dashboard computer says 34.1 mpg. With the rear seat folded down I even hauled 4- 3' by 3' new windows, stacked, with the rear hatch closed. Lots of behind the front seat space. My wife wants me to buy her one; with cruise."

Very happy with my Sonic

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, plenty of pep, comfortable on trips."

Cons: "A little hesitant going uphill."

"I bought my 2012 Sonic LT turbo in feb of 2012 and have loved driving it. I've taken it on 2 long trips (florida to missouri in march (1200 miles) and florida to michigan in july (1300 miles)) it was a pleasure to drive, deceptively comfortable and great on gas. Also, much more space inside than you would think. The Sonic is practical, sporty, and has plenty of pep too. I would highly recommend it."

Fantastic car.

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great features"

"A fantastic car. Mileage is fantastic, but the turbo 1.4 still has plenty of get up and go. It is super fun to drive, and handles great. Ride is smooth and quiet, and the manual transmission is super smooth and easy to work. If you can't drive a manual, leaning on this car would be easy. Comes with lots of great features, I love the second glove box with USB and auxiliary. The leatherette seating is comfortable and looks great. The layout of the console is great, and gauge cluster is fantastic (I thought it would look tacky in person). The hatchback has good space in the rear for a small car, and the floor can be lowered for more space. The cargo cover stores easily. Overall build quality is good, obviously there is a lot of plastic. It is to be expected, the car starts at a very low price. That being said, everything looks great. Nothing looks cheap, buttons feel solid. Plus, no one really touches their dashboard, so it doesn't matter if it is plastic! I've only had it for 1000 miles, so I can't really comment on reliability. My only complaint is that the bluetooth doesn't show song information from my iPhone, although I could just be doing something wrong. Overall, I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a small hatchback that is fun to drive and gets great fuel economy. I test drove the Veloster and Focus as well, and I thought the Sonic looked the best and was the best to drive. I really can't recommend it enough!"

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

VERY DISAPPOINTED

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cons: "DONT BUY THIS CAR"

"1st I've had problems with this car from day 1. While driving during moderate to heavy rain storms the visibility is very dangerous. Translation - I do not drive this car during moderate rain storms. The dealer has witnessed this and concluded there is a definite problem - Quality 2nd party wiper blades are not available. Also the wiper blade speed is slow at fastest point - If considering this car test it during a moderate to moderate/heavy rainfall. 2nd Chevy has definitely found a problem with voice command. I am from Michigan and speak very clearly. This system is all screwed up. Sometimes it works - Sometimes it doesn't. The dealership showed me a notice put out by the manufacturer that there is definitely a problem. 3rd Also, there is a major problem with hands free bluetooth which is an additional issue which the dealership acknowledged there have been many complaint. 4th The front end slightly shimmies"

See if you qualify for