2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,481 - $14,836.

10/7.8

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Wonderful Starter Car!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "cheap, fun, amazing features, awesome gas mileage"

"I have had this car for a few months now and I love it. I traded in my Ford Focus for a new car, this is what I was approved for. I didn't even want to test drive this car until I saw it and got inside. One test drive and I was sold. it drives beautiful, has some great features and at the price it cost its like the extra stuff was free. So far nothing has broken, no issues whatsoever and I have a blast driving it. Its fun, feels sporty on the highway, and different from other cars in its class. Originality in a car these days is hard to find."

Excellent car!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Great, quality vehicle, especially for the price. Sporty look with great gas mileage (about 32 in town, 35 highway). Roomy interior. The brick on black interior with leather seats that warm your bumm is fantastic. Not exactly a powerhouse but it was never intended for that."

Best Value for a small economy car.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Nice options for the price, value."

Cons: "Depreciation factor"

"Great value for my sonic. Car is loaded enough for me with the LT package which includes remote start that i like a lot. Car is comfortable for the size with the armrest included on drivers seat. Insurance is also very reasonable with having 10 airbags standard. I have almost 13,000 miles in just over 2 years and all i have done is change the oil 3 times, thats it. Paid a little more for the Inferno Orange color and i like that, now the bad part, depreciation is hard on this car, around 29%(average is 21%), but if you plan to keep it more than 2 years you will be fine with no money down.I paid around 18,200 with tax and fees and all that out the door with 1.9% financing."

Made in USA

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "cold ac. electric sterring road feel missing"

Cons: "to much plastic for fla sun with tint"

"The majority of the parts are from parent Company Daewoo. funny they could not make a car here in the US, so GM, just had the parts. Transmission, motor imported from South Korea. I have had buyers remorse since I bought this Car. Noisy, had to change tires. better ride less road noise. Another item from Korea. Low cost high profit I thought I had done my homework GM touting made in US, and at the time the internet did not have much to say except praise. mine is a 2012 with 15.000 miles on it. There are loads of certified used autos and a few in this segment of Autos. Do your homework check to see where tranny is made also motor as mentioned above they could not make it here why would you want to take that chance Mine is all Daewoo. Problems with suspension and an array of other problems. One item is the gas mileage city and highway with a/C on 21mpg and that's running the mid grade gas did better using 93 octane. In my option its not a chivy its a deawoo in Chevy.clothing I must say more of the later models do have mtrs and trannnys made here. You just have to be careful, also as mentioned loads of other parts from Daewoo. My shocks for an example are Daewoo. And I paid cash for it,20K leaves a lot to be desired this day and time. Headlight is plastic through and through plastic reflectors. This car after about 5 years or so is a through away car. ,"

NEVER AGAIN

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"I never will own a GM again!! I have had nothing but problems with this car since DAY 1!!"

This is an amazing vehicle, so much fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sun roof in mine.."

"Love the manual transmission, very easy to learn on!"

The value of this car is beyond a 10!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Great Price/Value, Great mpg, Easy to maneuver"

"If you are looking for bang for you buck, you found the perfect car. I should mention I have the LT connectivity package, so it does have a lot of the bells and whistles. The car drives great. Does awesome on gas mileage. If I had to say there is a downside it would be the space in the car. If your tall, then this car is probably not a good choice for you, but you would figure that out quick on the test drive. I do have to say there is a lot of trunk space though. For example, I can fit my golf clubs easily in the trunk. Plus, the back seat folds down very easy, which allows even large items to be stowed/shipped. I've had the car for two years now and am still very happy with the purchase."

One Of The Best Money Can Buy

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Solid car, fun to drive, small but spacious"

Cons: "none to list"

"Bought a 2014 Sonic LT Turbo in March of this year. After driving this car for three full months, I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this car. I bought the hatchback in the color Cool Blue and. Its a solid, well manufactured car. Its got good "get up and go'" great interior space for a subcompact, a great exterior look, simple but fresh interior look with excellent accents and not to mention great MPGs! I'm averaging 33 MPG so far. Only got a slight taste of how it drives in the snow but I did my 18 mile drive to work in 5 inches of snow one day two weeks after I got it and it excelled. Drove better than my Impala did! Has great handling, takes corners like a champ, easy to park, really just a fun, fun, fun car to drive! If you are looking for something fresh and exciting, give this car a chance! You won't be disappointed!"

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

I love this car!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving"

Cons: "Cup holder locations, I have to bend arm odd"

"The gas mileage I get is well above the sticker listing- I am pulling in 35-38 MPG, and this is Atlanta city stop and go traffic too. Plus I cannot find this listing online for the car, but I have the automatic transmission, with the option to do the manual 6 speed shift, which helps out in the gas department and staying in the lower speed ranges when I'm in a construction zone and during the 2 snows this year, I had not trouble, I shifted to the manual and the stabilitrak, and that car drove me home on it's own! I love it! I took an impact to the rear end at a red light- I was at a complete stop and was hit by a Ford Edge, who was going at least the speedlimit of 45, which did not notice me stopped and the red light because she was fighting with her boyfriend. I had a scratch on my bumper, and was a little sore for about 24 hours, but her entire front end was smashed in and totaled. After having my car checked out at the dealer I had nothing more than the scratch on that car internally and at that point I was completely impressed! Especially when I learned of the full steel cage construction of the frame and the safety involved. It came in handy again 2 weeks later when I took a side impact at another stop light when one car turned infront of another and that car swerved to miss it and jumped the curb into my car, and I had nothing worse than a door ding."

Not a great car, but ok

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"Not a bad car for the segment. I have had this car for about a year and have mixed opinions. I have treated the exterior pretty well, but it is trashed after one year 15,000 miles (dings, dents, scratches, missing paint), I believe the driving dynamics are best-in-class. Would I recommend this car? maybe. Honestly, if I could do over, I would look elsewhere though. pros: optional 1.4 turbo, great use of space, good audio quality, steering is very responsive and well weighted, exterior looks, and overall driving dynamics, very comfortable especially for a sub-compact, great trunk space (sedan) cons: overall quality is poor (cheap plastics), 6-speed manual trans. not very smooth, poor suspension, interior noises and rattles, always needs something fixed, horrible exterior paint quality, overall not very durable, I get advertised gas mileage which is good but I expect better for a 1.4 liter sub-3000 pound car,a little too expensive, horrible resale value"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Mpg. Price."

Cons: "Tires"

"I had too put different tires on and now is definitely the best car I have ever owned. Took on 2000 mile trip and was very comfortable and got 37 mpg."

The best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power packed into a comfy size."

Cons: "I wish the warranty was for 200,000 miles!"

"I would buy this Sonic 2012 LT Hatchback over and over and over again........ it is just that good!"

Ideal for me, safe, economical, easy fold 2nd row

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "easy entry, great standard features."

Cons: "Can't really say anything bad about this car"

"Compared to other cars in it's class, I have to put it at the top for overall, room, economy, safety, appearance, and warranty. I've owned my 2012 for two years now and at first I wasn't sure, but now I'm glad I bought one."

Great car if you are on a budget

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, safe"

Cons: "Location of the cup holders and foging up"

"This car is great if you are on a budge or just driving around town. I bought the LTZ model with 1.4L turbo 6 speed maneul hatchback. The exterior is sporty looking and looks a lot better than the aveo. It looks like Sonic the headch hog and the great white shark fused together. The interior could've been a little bit better with the designing and the material that they did to it. The cup holders, they could've put them in front of the gear box instead of putting them next to the E-brake. The seats feel like they made them out of cheap leather. I'm pretty surpised on how much stuff that I can put in (even with the backseats down). The mpg is great on this car. I get about 35 in summer and 30 in winter. In winter it's not the best vehicle to have (even with winter tires on), But it still is decent though. Theres a lots of technology in this little car that cost about 20K fully loaded. Overall the the car is great if you are looking for a car that gets around town or if you are on a budge. I would recommed this car to any age of people who like small cars."

Inexpensive, surprisingly refined, and thrifty!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Amazing refinement, great mileage, many toys."

Cons: "No diesel version avail. in US."

"2012 Chevy Sonic LT Hatckback, Bluetooth package, 5 speed manual, 1.8l non-turbo. I purchased this car new in Dec '11. After almost 30k miles, I still love it. Seats are comfy, interior is extremely quiet for an economy car, mileage has consistently exceeded the specs, and the only 2 little issues I've had were covered under warranty -- no questions asked. The steering and brakes are very responsive, and the stability control w/ good snow tires got me through snow and ice that I probably shouldn't have been in without issue. There's plenty of space, Phone syncs nicely with the bluetooth, dual glove boxes (one for phone or other with usb port and aux port), trunk is bigger than it looks, and back doors are easy to get kids/dogs/cargo into. My one complaint is the dual mass flywheel, it's SO heavy. Yes, it helps noobs learn to drive stick, and yes, it makes the car smooth and vibration free, but it diminishes the amount of hoonage possible... :) It has so many features for a car that I paid less than $16k for... You really NEED to at least test drive one if you're shopping for an economy car."

Inexpensive, surprisingly refined, and thrifty!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Amazing refinement, great mileage, many toys."

Cons: "No diesel version avail. in US."

love the gas mileage, and all the options

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage Fun to drive Good power"

Cons: "Low roof line, poor leg room in rear, rear windo"

"In general this is a great car but does have a few things that really bug me. The rear window is impossible to keep clean because of the body design. All road moisture and dust is deposited on the rear of the body an window. The roof line in front is low making it hard to enter for taller or larger people. Great gas mileage."

Great car for teenager.

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage comfortable peppy"

Cons: "Bad resale value interior build quality is cheap"

"I feel there is an issue with my transmission that has not been dealt with by the dealership despite numerous attempts at a diagnoses. Otherwise the car is comfortable to drive, has some pep thanks to the turbo and its cute. Aside form the horrible resale value its a pretty decent car. Brakes are spectacular if you don't mind them a little touchy. The build quality could use some better craftsmanship on the interior. Overall not bad."

I am totally in love with this car.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive handles well and the cool tech"

Cons: "When your phone is lock can't access the apps"

"I love the Piano black goes all the way up in the new 2014 gives it a more premium look and the back up camara that comes with the car. I love this 13 turbo Rs it is Cyber Gray iput Carbon Fiber Bow ties it looks so good compare to the lower level Sonics. It drives so good I am trying to get a 14. that is why i am on the website"

Poor gas mileage, poor performance

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Remote star"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage and performance."

"Mileage below 20 mpg combined, the suspension of fair quality with only 8000 miles and has problems, poor acceleration power."

Great economy level car

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "great price, decent mechanics, stylish interior,"

Cons: "no rear A/C, no cooled seats, slow, Auto/tran slow"

"7.5/10. This a great car for the price, I have a 2013 LTZ Sedan, with the 1.8L 6speed Auto/Tiptronic transmission. As of yet I am averaging around 26-27MPG lifetime, including using the remote start all winter. Since I have the LTZ, I have the MyLink touchscreen, with the USB/3.5mm jack in the top glovebox, and 6 speakers, the leatherette heated seats, heated mirrors, and so far the driving has been great, keep in mind people this is only a $15-20K car, so don't expect sporty performance, but it is decent around town and on the highway, and with pretty good MPG its all of about $20-$30/week for gas using 89 Octane fuel. Overall I would highly recommend this for any young adult, or any adult without a big budget. Astounding value for the price, drives great and I'm a 20's male, did manage to get a ticket lol so its more than enough zip."

The Sonic

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Quick with the turbo, Reliable, MPG"

Cons: "No touch screen"

"Pretty great car, especially for the price."

SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg, interior features"

Cons: "wheel well gap,"

"I bought this car purely on a test drive, with no intentions to buy a new car. I absolutely fell in love! The 1.4l turbo is the way to go however, and Im glad I got it. The power isn't massive, but its very peppy, handles incredibly well and the understeer doesn't control you in the tight turns. Would be an awesome track car as well. Great on gas too! I run premium always, and have seen 45mpg highway, and usually am around 33 to 36 around town when driving like a law abiding citizen. Great car, a blast to drive."

Absolutely love this car

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Turns on a dime, fund to drive"

Cons: "Only one outlet plug, back seat small for adults"

"With our family shrinking in size, my husband & I decided to down size. Although it has been an adjustment when we have our adult children with us (from van to car), this is a wonderful car. Gas is fantastic, especially on long trips with an average of 40+ on the highway. City driving averages 35 mph. It desperately needs more outlet plugs as one just doesn't do it when you need to charge 2 or more phones & a possible GPS."