2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,878 - $14,233.

10/7.8

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Does it get better?

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "front seats have to sudden high lift on sides."

"Now, I have reveiwed this car before in the first couple thousand miles but got better news with some updates! First I changed the first oil change using valvoline dura blend (half synthetic) and on the hwy at 60mph I got an increase of 4-5 mpg bringing it to 51-52mpg. Now this is in the best conditions with no a/c on. It seems to cost 7-10 mpg loss with a/c running on hwy. Then I thought, why not go with full synthetic. Well, I am happy to report that in the same conditions that I am now getting 55-56mpg @ 60 mph on hwy. I have no idea the horsepower increase but I feal the difference on take off and 2+3 gears. Note: I have a 1.4 turbo with six speed manual trans. Looking forwared to the winter testing!"

Love the hill start assist!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Great all around, fun to drive, 40+MPG"

Cons: "quirky power delivery at times with 1.4turbo 6spd"

"Sonic LT 1.4L turbo, 6spd, with connectivity cruise package, plus some other options. MSRP: $18,155 Paid: $17,995 I wanted a small hatchback that wasnt too ugly. I dislike the stylings of many of the new cars that try to "stand out" with funky shapes and designs. I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of head and legroom in both front and back seats. I decided on the LT trim line because I'm not a fan of leather seats, but i wanted all the bells and whistles. I'm 27 and this is my first brand new car. The Sonic makes a statement with little things like the headlights and rear door handles. Girls think it looks "cute" and guys say it looks "mean" Living in Duluth, MN I was hesitant about buying another manual, but the hill start assist is a life saver. In my old car i was constantly squeling the tires to not drift backwards into the car behind me. No worries anymore, I confidently drive downtown everyday and take my time when accelerating from hill stops."

cute

By on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pros: "fub to drive"

Cons: "needs to have cruise,i pod adapter in all models"

cute and sassy

"this car is adorable she gets looks all the time she is 5 spped and is good on gas and easy to drive"

cute and sassy

Best car for young people!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

"I got this car back in March of this year and I've loved it ever since! I have it in the Silver Ice Metallic with the hatchback version trimmed with the 2LS (auto trans. with manual mirrors and windows). The way it drives is quite decent for what you pay and the quality of how it's built is very well for having a low price which could be attributed to a weaker metal for the frame than a decade ago (I learned this from crashing into a steel fence and got it repaired and the frame had to be straightened back out). Otherwise, it's a great vehicle and in the hatchback version with seats down, I'm able to fit my bike (which is larger than most due to my height). I put a 9/10 for design as the inside could use some more standard conveniences such as Bluetooth, standard USB, etc. but it is my understanding that the 2013 model year will have the option of the Chevrolet MyLink radio which includes Bluetooth and smartphone-based navigation. Overall though, I would not buy anything else for this price point. Great car on Chvey's part!"

Very happy with my Sonic LTZ

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Height-adjustable drivers seat with armrest."

Cons: "No armrest for passenger."

"My primary criteria for a new car were that it be small and four-wheel-down towable behind my motor home. I narrowed my choice to the Honda Fit and Chevrolet Sonic. It looked at and drove both cars in the top trim levels. I purchased the Sonic because I got much more car for less money. I couldn’t be happier with my decision. The Sonic is fun to drive, has plenty of power and has all the bells and whistles including Bluetooth for the phone, automatic headlights, cruise control, etc. There is no wind noise on the freeway and the ride is extremely smooth. I don’t realize I’m doing 75 until I look at the digital speedometer. After several weeks with most new cars, I usually have a list of fixit items for the dealer. There is no list for the Sonic. I paid 18,372 for the car."

Love my Sonic

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "Mpg, price, looks"

Cons: "Not roomy in the back"

"I bought this car in May after I totaled my last car. I wanted to purchase a brand new car, and the Sonic was the best in my price range. It has all the upgrades I wanted in a car. It's great on gas, I average about 30mpg in the city. The only downsides to this car is I wish it had another armrest on the passenger side and wish there was more room in the back."

pleasanty supprized

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "everything i needed and more"

"I traded in my 2007 Impala for the Sonic LT in December, 2011. I needed a smaller car to tow with a tow dolly behind my motor home because I sold my 2002 Saturn and didn't need two cars anymore. The Sonic road as well as the Impala, had more than adequate trunk space, road on the tow dolly behind the motor home as if it wasn't even there, and was cavernous compared to the Saturn. The 1.8 engine with the 6 speed automatic transmission runs flawless with more than adequate power. For what I wanted, it is much more than adequate."

Best Bang for the Buck in this Segment

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "unique look, price, mpg, blue tooth"

Cons: "Gearing on manual"

"Have been driving a Turbo 6 speed 5 dr for about a month. First off I was looking for a daily driver that I could live with for a couple years. This is it. Can't beat the looks, utility, warranty, comfort and price. I don't feel like I driving a budget car it dare I say feels a little cool. My only gripe is the gear is super tall. Been driving manuals for a long time and I've stalled this more times than I care to admit because of the tall gearing. Forget about 2nd gear starts. Overall great car."

Bot a great car, but I like it

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Mpg, Looks pretty nice"

Cons: "no options, Rough idle when cold."

"I purchase a 2012 Sonic 2LS BASE model in April of 2012. The car ran great. It had 1700 on it when I bought it, but now has 8500 on it due to a mandatory trip to Vegas. The car Drove beautifully! The car does run rough when cold. I had the car checked twice but the service dept says there's nothing wrong. I guess that's how this model is. My car has no options at all. No cruise control, No CD player, No power windows, nothing! The car in my opinion is just ok, nothing special. To be honest, if I had to do it again, I'd walk away."

A Really Really Nice Car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "Style, acceleration, handling, mileage"

Cons: "None so far"

"I thought I needed a car in the next size category, but I could not find a reason to pass on the Chevrolet Sonic LTZ hatchback. I added the turbo engine, auto trans and sun roof, and have been extremely pleased. I am getting 32mpg city, and continuous compliments from people who talk with me about how great the car looks. I have let those who ask take it for a drive. Every one who has gets a smile on their face, admits how surprised they are by how well it handles, how secure it feels, how quiet it is, and how much fun it is to drive."

See if you qualify for