2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,804 - $14,193.

10/7.8

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

my first new car

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "best car gm made ever"

Cons: "not a thing"

"retired a 2000 grand am for my sonic would not give up my sonic for anything best car ever. it's a blue lt turbo seadan"

6"4" Tall big man fits nicely!!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, fun factor, performance"

Cons: "needs center armrest"

"I was sceptical about test driving this small car, I'm used to driving a Jeep cherokee, But the Gas $$ were killing me! What a suprise to find that I fit into this car perfectly! very easy to get in"

Great car for fair price

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "safety, fun to drive"

Cons: "nothing, great for its class"

My orange Sonic 2LT sedan with automatic transmission and 1.8 engine at Julia Pfeiffer State Park in California

"I own an orange Sonic 2LT Sedan with automatic transmission and the 1.8 engine. I've driven it through the windy, mountainous roads of Highway 1 in California, been stuck in traffic in San Francisco, gone through country roads near San Jose, and been on a 150 mile straight trip with my Sonic. On the numerous hairpin turns of Highway 1, my Sonic stuck to the road like glue, even at 55mph. It delivered more-than-suitable amounts of power to charge uphill, and the brakes work wonders on the light vehicle going downhill, all while maintaining 33mpg on rugged terrain like that. Stuck in traffic, its engine is extremely quiet and there is absolutely no vibration. The seats are comfortable enough to sit in for copious amounts of time while waiting for red lights to finally change, once again, all while maintaining a cool 27mpg in traffic jams. On long trips, it really struts its stuff in comparison to other cars in its class. Its comfortable and reasonably spacious. I'm 6 feet tall, 170lbs and I don't even have the seat all the way back while i'm driving. I managed to fit 4 people, and their luggage for a plane trip, in this car with suitable leg room and comfort, 5 people might be stretching it though. I registered 39mpg on the highway. Now, the looks. As aforementioned, my Sonic is an orange sedan, so I'm going purely based off of its specific style and my personal opinion. I think the orange paint job really stands out on my Sonic. I also think the sedan looks better than other sedans in its category. Its a small car, but its headlights and front grill give it a mean, sporty look. Also, the all of the exterior lights on it are extremely bright. The interior is hard plastic, but it doesn't look or feel particularly bad. or cheap. The dash lights glow blue, and the gauges are all tubular and motorcycle-like. Overall, the front dash looks somewhat blank, and futuristic. The interior of my Sonic is cloth, and the black clashes well with the orange outside. The safety features on this car are quite vast. It has almost no blind spots, and it comes with 10 standard airbags. Fortunately, I've not experienced those airbags yet. Overall, it drives nicely, and has a lot of features for the price. It doesn't look half bad in the orange sedan option either. The controls are also very easy to become accustomed to. It also has a great price and fuel economy."

Love this car

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "value, sassiness, spacious for a subcompact"

"My last couple of cars have been hatchbacks, I wanted another. Really love how quiet this car is, it's peppiness, and spacious back seat. Just had family in for the long weekend and had no complaints hauling their over 6 foot frames around town. Milage isn't quite what I was hoping (averaging 22 in city so far) and the stereo broke the first week I had it. (though was quickly replaced). Glad I got the LTZ model ... love the bells and whistles."

Love the chevy sonic

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "great price and mpg"

Cons: "nothing :)"

"I have owned my sonic for about 3 months. I had test drove the subaru wrx and the chevy sonic and use to drive a jeep, so i knew a car was going to be a huge change for me. I love the sonic as soon as i drove it. I couldn't believe that there was so much room in the backseat and still have enough room to put everything in the trunk. I was impressed that chevy had put everything i wanted into the car. My sister works at the dealership i bought it from and she was pushing me for the subaru but it wasn't roomy on the inside. I ended up getting the white sean 2lt and wouldn't want to trade it for anything now. The white is so sharp and it has everything i want in it. The only difference was i added the fog lights after i bought it but i upgraded everything else and it was a lot cheaper doing it that way. I would recomend this car to anyone, and i already got one of my friends to buy a hatchback for delivery jobs. A to chevy for the perfect ride...."