2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,878 - $14,233.

10/7.8

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Wise buy all around.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cons: "seats are average or basic."

"I am putting an average mileage per week of 2,000. I have the 6 speed manual and If I just set the cruise at 55mph on the hwy, I get 55 max mpg average over 80 miles on light foot hill terrian. Now on a 75 mph hwy doing 55 you think you would get run over but if you get in such a habit to relax you will find that 60mph will still bring a max of 52mpg. 47mpg at 70-75mph. But I must also say that this may have to do greatly because I got the smallest rims available 15" not the 16 or 17."

Wise buy all around.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cons: "seats are average or basic."

GOOD but quesionable

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "cheap, head turning, good mpg,quick."

Cons: "lack of comfort,"

"I just bought this car and only have 3k on it and motor already sounds like it is knocking. it is the 1.4 turbo but still dont think it should be this loud. very quick for being such a small motor. i average 34.5mpg in town. and between 45 or 50 highway. for those who are like no way. its a 6 speedMANUAL and my car very rarely see over 2k rpm before i shift. and i cruise at 70 (also 2000rpm) on the highway, not place nascr and see how many people i can pass or keep up with. i did race it once. beat a v6 mustang. =)"

I feel like this car was made exactly for me!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I went into test driving a Chevy with some reservations. Especially a compact where the market is dominated by foreign cars like KIA, Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda. Boy was I wrong. Lets start from the beginning. I had been driving a KIA that was approaching 100k miles and was in need of a new car that had the best fuel economy available and also a warranty. So I figured I would go back to KIA. I test drove the Rio and was unimpressed. It just didn't do anything for me. Not only the car itself but also the pricing on upgrading a base model to an automatic transmission and power package. After tallying up all of that, I was out of my price range. Since that didnt work out, I figured I would ride it out with what I had and not get a new car. Then I came across the Sonic on the dealerships website. I was first drawn to the look of the front of the exterior. Very sporty looking. Chevy has separated themselves from the pack by dramatically changing the way the front end looks compared with most compacts out on the road. Afterall, this is what you would see coming down the road. Might as well make it look good. So I did alot of research on the Sonic. The only thing that was holding me back was the mileage ratings on the sticker. My KIA was still pumping out 33mpg on average, and the Sonic seemed to be slightly better from what I was reading. I figured I would request a test drive of the Sonic anyways just to stoke my curiosity. From the moment I put it into 1st gear at the dealership and hit the road I was hooked. The car feels solid for being so small. It rides nice and has good insulating qualities for keeping out road and wind noise. I test drove (and purchased)the base model Sonic which is the 5 speed manual, 1.8L engine. It has crank handle windows, but comes standard equipped with keyless entry, power doors and locks, am/fm radio with auxillary input (no cd - no big deal to me). One thing I thought was great with the radio in this car that I had not had before is the ability to store both AM and FM stations on the same favorites list. So. The gas mileage seems to be quite the topic of contention concerning this car and the 1.8L engine in it. To be honest I was a little concerned when I first started driving the Sonic because I was only getting about 34mpg (highway) for the first few hundred miles. However, after hitting the 500 mile mark on the odometer, this car is showing me how economical it can be. This morning, I averaged 42.8 mpg. Unbelievable but true. Granted 37 of the 40 miles I drive to work are freeway miles at speeds 55 to 70 mph. Driving around town does drop the averages down quite a bit to the high 20's / low 30's but still well within reason. My only gripes are minor. When starting the car first thing in the morning it sounds louder than I am used to. Not excessively loud but just enough to make you notice. The radio speaker system they put in the base model barely is adequate and the radio menus are somewhat clunky to navigate. The cup holders are positioned farther back than I would like them to be in the center. The dashboard console is lacking certain features like an always present "engine temperature" that is on most cars. And lastly...I am not particularly fond of pressing "menu" every time I want to switch the console reading from odometer/trip over to avg. mileage/till empty readouts. Independent buttons would have worked just as well. The cons are typically items that are associated with the "bells and whistles" of the car not the mechanical operation. The car as a whole itself is fantastic and I am loving it. This is a solid little car that is fun to drive and should save you some money in the long run. I now look forward to driving again because of my Sonic."

Disappointment in owning my first car

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "remote start"

Cons: "no passenger arm rest"

"I have had this car since September. Everything was going good until I needed my first oil change in December. My transmition fluid was leaking on my right axel. Now I can see it happening once since its a new car. However, this is my third time fixing the same problem and now they are replacing my axel shaft. My car has been in the shop in and out, its either two rental cars, or my sister would be out of a car. I work in the next town 50miles away. I depend on my car to get ther. I even had my milage checked because I wasn't getting the "quoted milage" and that took a fews days before I could get my car back.I can't afford to have it keeping taking it to the shop after my warrenty runs out. I now am close to the lemon laws and am trading in my disappointment for new hope and reliability."

See if you qualify for