2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,902 - $14,289.

10/7.8

Based on 106 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Perfect!

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Perfect!"

"I love my Sonic! It's comfy, peppy, easy on gas, parks easy, holds a lot of items under the hatchback and looks like a little SUV!"

SONIC RS Is Great!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

"I've had this car now for 1 1/2 years. It is exactly what I expected and wanted. I owned a Cobalt before and it was just not fun to drive. Nothing wrong with it, just BLAH! The Sonic is sporty and eye catching and has plenty of get up and go. The steering is a lot stiffer than most cars I driven which is great since I like to zip in and out of traffic just for fun! I don't get the gas mileage it states, but I do like to tromp on the gas pedal. I still get at least 27 mpg."

Satisfying small car.

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Interior comfort, quality feel"

Cons: "Armrest."

Fresh and clean.

"I bought my '14 Sonic LTZ Sedan in April and so far, I love it. I am shocked at how good the quality of this car is so far. I also have a Corolla and I find the materials in this car to be on par with Toyota, at least in initial quality, I have only had this car 3 months after all. The exterior looks great. I recommend paying the $325 for Crystal Red Tintcoat, as this color looks great on this car. I love having a spoiler and the exposed headlights are a really cool feature on these cars. So far, I have found Chevy's MyLink to be very easy to use, I have had no issues with syncing my devices to it and the controls in the Sonic are simple to use. The driving position in this car is great. Visibility out the front is excellent and having the back up camera has come in handy for me as well. This is an excellent handling car. I enjoy driving this car and find myself making up excuses to go out just so that I can drive it, I like it that much. This is a very comfortable car on long trips. I have recently taken it up to Ohio and found the seats to be very supportive. This is one of a few cars that I have been in on a long trip that I didn't feel worn out after it was over. The gas mileage has been pretty good so far. I have the 1.8, not the 1.4 turbo, so I don't get the 40 mpg it's rated at, but my car averages about 30 mpg city and highway driving combined. There is actually a lot of room in this car too. I find it to be close to my Corolla in terms of interior room and it actually has more trunk space than the Corolla, my Corolla is an '08, not sure what the '14's are like. The car has plenty of power for it's size and the motor and transmission are well suited to this car. The only complaint that I have about this car is the armrest on the driver seat. I don't really care for it's position and kind of wish that GM would have made a regular console with an armrest instead. Only thing I have to nitpick! This is actually a fun car to own and has exceeded my expectations. SiriusXM is great to have, especially since you don't have a CD player with MyLink in the Sonic, only AUX jacks. The best thing for me though is this, although it has a high parts content from Korea, this car was assembled in Michigan."

Fresh and clean.

My First Car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Gas Mileage, Very Nimble."

Cons: "Engine not as PEP as other subs."

"When I got my license back on 5/27 i was looking at VARIOUS car's including this one. The Line up was the Mazda3,Focus,Rio and the Sonic. I Originally was Going to get the Mazda3 but then it was sold...but wasn't warranted by the Manufacturer. So it was a toss between the Rio and the Sonic since the Focus didn't get a GREAT Review by CR. So in the End I bought the Sonic..it's my First Car, it Rides well..VERY Good HANDLING, & Came with 3 months Free OnStar, which I will continue after the trial is over, and I even use the OnStar App for my iPhone. VERY Good Gas Mileage, although i Got the LS Auto with Power all EXCEPT Windows and no Cruise Control. VERY Nimble and Fun Car To Drive."

Wonderful Starter Car!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "cheap, fun, amazing features, awesome gas mileage"

"I have had this car for a few months now and I love it. I traded in my Ford Focus for a new car, this is what I was approved for. I didn't even want to test drive this car until I saw it and got inside. One test drive and I was sold. it drives beautiful, has some great features and at the price it cost its like the extra stuff was free. So far nothing has broken, no issues whatsoever and I have a blast driving it. Its fun, feels sporty on the highway, and different from other cars in its class. Originality in a car these days is hard to find."