2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 165 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

A Nice Little Car for the Price

By on Friday, September 5, 2014

"I bought this car because it is assembled in USA. My car is 2013 LTZ with 5 speed manual transmission, gas mileage is excellent, combine highway and city, 33.9 miles. I drove the car cross the country, it's given me a lot fun! The only thing is the clock synchronization is not working and the leather seats look like fake. Otherwise, it is a perfect car! Thanks GM!"

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

Amazingly quirky; Great Value; Stands out.

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable seats, especially for such a small car"

Cons: "Small tank, but fills up for cheap :) $16-$22!!!"

"I just got it a few weeks ago, and I love it. Not only did I get a great deal of discounts (went from 24000 to 11600), but it has everything. It's a jet black sonic rs sedan. It's got wifi, a digital display, lane keep assist, and a trunk space like you wouldn't believe! And it's got so many little quirky Millennial touches, from a little notch in the upper glove box for when you have an aux cable plugged in, to a third cup holder, and the most comfortable seats you are gonna get in this segment. I was actually thinking about a Honda Civic, but it started with 20% off for Summer, and ended with all of the standard equipment. Also, this little turbo has quite a bit of kick to it... Just accelerating from a red light gets Mustangs making challenges. It can't exactly compete, but it's still really cool. :)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals