2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Great Small Car

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Good MPG, and nice pickup"

Cons: "One arm rest, Seats could be better."

"I drive at least an hr every day on my daily drive and love the pickup and fuel economy. Its fun and is a great little car."

Great little car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "Peppy. Fun to drive. Best in class for the price."

Cons: "Air conditioning could be better."

"I am retired and drive mostly short trips. The turbo works great, I am one of the fastest car on the road. I had a BMW 325i before this and there is not that much difference. Of course it is small, but has plenty of room for two people and a lot of baggage. And gas consumption is great, I average about 28 MPG on an average speed of around 35 MPH. So pretty good. At 65 I get almost 40 MPG."

Was great...for a year...

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Cute interior, Sporty Look"

Cons: "Not reliable, speakers don't sound great."

"I've had this car since it was new, it was great for the first year. I purchased it in January of 2014 (they let it go at a great price since it was a 2013 new still on the lot, which was the deciding factor). It is fun to drive and no recalls (thankfully). I will say that the manufacturer's tires are terrible, but once I replaced those all the rough riding and bad handling went away. The interior is really interesting and great and it holds up very well. The trunk is also very large which is nice. But about 2 months ago my check engine light came on. Thermostat issues and the warranty didn't cover it. That was a $380 repair bill. Now the remote start has stopped, again warranty won't repair it and that is a $500 repair and the same issue with the thermostat is back again. Now instead of another repair I am considering trading it in."

Love this car

By on Monday, June 29, 2015

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "manual windows"

"Its so cute and great on gas! I love my manual transmission! The Sonic was a great deal!"

Quick, fun little car

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, economical, easy to park and drive."

Cons: "driver armrest is weird. shift to 3rd is strange."

"I picked the Hatchback and it has proven to be quite a fun little car to drive. I would suggest the 1.4 stickshift turbo, because I picked the automatic 1.8 and I think the car would be a lot more fun as a turbo stickshift. With that said, I have found the interior seating to be ok for the price. The comforts and media options for 2012 were better than any other car in its class, mainly because they come standard. The car handles pretty well and has an easy way about it when driving in any condition. The car drives comfortably in the rain, the snow and in LA/DC traffic. The trunk space could be increased because it's difficult to fit stuff with people in the back. If you are by yourself, the back with the seats down provides a ton of space. There is a slight blind spot to the right where the pillar is at, but check a couple of times and you're fine. The gas mileage is decent for the 1.8. I get an average of 35mpg if I can maintain freeway speed under 68 (max). Anything over that and the mpg drops. If you are driving through town, instead of the freeway, then expect to get closer to 30mpg. Other than that, the car is sporty, fun and economical."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals