2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Inexpensive, surprisingly refined, and thrifty!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Amazing refinement, great mileage, many toys."

Cons: "No diesel version avail. in US."

"2012 Chevy Sonic LT Hatckback, Bluetooth package, 5 speed manual, 1.8l non-turbo. I purchased this car new in Dec '11. After almost 30k miles, I still love it. Seats are comfy, interior is extremely quiet for an economy car, mileage has consistently exceeded the specs, and the only 2 little issues I've had were covered under warranty -- no questions asked. The steering and brakes are very responsive, and the stability control w/ good snow tires got me through snow and ice that I probably shouldn't have been in without issue. There's plenty of space, Phone syncs nicely with the bluetooth, dual glove boxes (one for phone or other with usb port and aux port), trunk is bigger than it looks, and back doors are easy to get kids/dogs/cargo into. My one complaint is the dual mass flywheel, it's SO heavy. Yes, it helps noobs learn to drive stick, and yes, it makes the car smooth and vibration free, but it diminishes the amount of hoonage possible... :) It has so many features for a car that I paid less than $16k for... You really NEED to at least test drive one if you're shopping for an economy car."

Inexpensive, surprisingly refined, and thrifty!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Amazing refinement, great mileage, many toys."

Cons: "No diesel version avail. in US."

love the gas mileage, and all the options

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage Fun to drive Good power"

Cons: "Low roof line, poor leg room in rear, rear windo"

"In general this is a great car but does have a few things that really bug me. The rear window is impossible to keep clean because of the body design. All road moisture and dust is deposited on the rear of the body an window. The roof line in front is low making it hard to enter for taller or larger people. Great gas mileage."

Great car for teenager.

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage comfortable peppy"

Cons: "Bad resale value interior build quality is cheap"

"I feel there is an issue with my transmission that has not been dealt with by the dealership despite numerous attempts at a diagnoses. Otherwise the car is comfortable to drive, has some pep thanks to the turbo and its cute. Aside form the horrible resale value its a pretty decent car. Brakes are spectacular if you don't mind them a little touchy. The build quality could use some better craftsmanship on the interior. Overall not bad."

I am totally in love with this car.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive handles well and the cool tech"

Cons: "When your phone is lock can't access the apps"

"I love the Piano black goes all the way up in the new 2014 gives it a more premium look and the back up camara that comes with the car. I love this 13 turbo Rs it is Cyber Gray iput Carbon Fiber Bow ties it looks so good compare to the lower level Sonics. It drives so good I am trying to get a 14. that is why i am on the website"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals