2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

Best sub-compact!

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Solid & fun to drive"

"Chevy went from last, to first in the sub-compact market. 2012 was the first year for the Sonic - it was the highest selling sub-compact in the US (81,000)and the only one built in America. The Chevrolet Sonic gets good gas mileage and is very solid built automobile. I like the way my 1LT with turbo handles highway or country roads - it makes driving a pleasure. I would not trade it in on any other sub-compact."

Wow.. Love it!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Perfect... All around for the price"

Cons: "Sits a little low. Front end bottomed a few times"

"Just over a year old now and our family LOVES the Sonic!... Style, Comfort, space efficient, and spunk!... the gas mileage is great (Avg. 33 daily - 42 Hwy)"

Great car if you are looking for something small

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Drive, great on gas, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spots, not too comfy on long trips"

"This car drives nice. The interior is nice, but I think the cup holders aren't in the most convenient spots. I love that my car came is remote start. The front seats are kinda roomy, but its not great in the back. The blind spots are terrible. If I would have realized the blind spot issue before I bought the car, I would have chosen something else. But its a great car for the price."

Love this car

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "value, sassiness, spacious for a subcompact"

"My last couple of cars have been hatchbacks, I wanted another. Really love how quiet this car is, it's peppiness, and spacious back seat. Just had family in for the long weekend and had no complaints hauling their over 6 foot frames around town. Milage isn't quite what I was hoping (averaging 22 in city so far) and the stereo broke the first week I had it. (though was quickly replaced). Glad I got the LTZ model ... love the bells and whistles."

The best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power packed into a comfy size."

Cons: "I wish the warranty was for 200,000 miles!"

"I would buy this Sonic 2012 LT Hatchback over and over and over again........ it is just that good!"

SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg, interior features"

Cons: "wheel well gap,"

"I bought this car purely on a test drive, with no intentions to buy a new car. I absolutely fell in love! The 1.4l turbo is the way to go however, and Im glad I got it. The power isn't massive, but its very peppy, handles incredibly well and the understeer doesn't control you in the tight turns. Would be an awesome track car as well. Great on gas too! I run premium always, and have seen 45mpg highway, and usually am around 33 to 36 around town when driving like a law abiding citizen. Great car, a blast to drive."

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

Best car for young people!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

"I got this car back in March of this year and I've loved it ever since! I have it in the Silver Ice Metallic with the hatchback version trimmed with the 2LS (auto trans. with manual mirrors and windows). The way it drives is quite decent for what you pay and the quality of how it's built is very well for having a low price which could be attributed to a weaker metal for the frame than a decade ago (I learned this from crashing into a steel fence and got it repaired and the frame had to be straightened back out). Otherwise, it's a great vehicle and in the hatchback version with seats down, I'm able to fit my bike (which is larger than most due to my height). I put a 9/10 for design as the inside could use some more standard conveniences such as Bluetooth, standard USB, etc. but it is my understanding that the 2013 model year will have the option of the Chevrolet MyLink radio which includes Bluetooth and smartphone-based navigation. Overall though, I would not buy anything else for this price point. Great car on Chvey's part!"

Solid, comfortable, AMERICAN BUILT orange car!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Mileage,space,comfort,solid ride,speed/tac display"

Cons: "Back end is always filthy in winter/wet driving"

"I purchased when new the base hatchback 5 speed manual model with the only upgrade being the Inferno Orange color. Some like the design and some do not. It has grown on me greatly though. Bought the car for the gas milage and a price that was just under 12k!! Simply a quiet, comfortable ride with power when I need (or more like want) it. For a little 4 banger it is the perfect commuter car for my 40 mile jont to work. Packing up my 4 daughters we can still go grocery shopping with plenty of room. My 6 foot 230lb frame has plenty of space as well. Don't hesitate to buy this Made In America car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals