2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very practical with great mileage

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "good looks and fun to drive"

Cons: "no cd avail with x/m radio"

"great car so far"

Great car, excellent gas mileage, no problems

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"I bought this car for my husband. It is an amazing little car. There are times I push nearly 50 miles per gallon. It fits 4 comfortably...5 is a little squished. I have had absolutely no problems with it at all. It handles well in all driving conditions. It has a lot of get up and go if you want it to."

Great Small Car

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Good MPG, and nice pickup"

Cons: "One arm rest, Seats could be better."

"I drive at least an hr every day on my daily drive and love the pickup and fuel economy. Its fun and is a great little car."

Quick, fun little car

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, economical, easy to park and drive."

Cons: "driver armrest is weird. shift to 3rd is strange."

"I picked the Hatchback and it has proven to be quite a fun little car to drive. I would suggest the 1.4 stickshift turbo, because I picked the automatic 1.8 and I think the car would be a lot more fun as a turbo stickshift. With that said, I have found the interior seating to be ok for the price. The comforts and media options for 2012 were better than any other car in its class, mainly because they come standard. The car handles pretty well and has an easy way about it when driving in any condition. The car drives comfortably in the rain, the snow and in LA/DC traffic. The trunk space could be increased because it's difficult to fit stuff with people in the back. If you are by yourself, the back with the seats down provides a ton of space. There is a slight blind spot to the right where the pillar is at, but check a couple of times and you're fine. The gas mileage is decent for the 1.8. I get an average of 35mpg if I can maintain freeway speed under 68 (max). Anything over that and the mpg drops. If you are driving through town, instead of the freeway, then expect to get closer to 30mpg. Other than that, the car is sporty, fun and economical."

Looked at many small cars, and this was best.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, style, power, driveability"

Cons: "Tiny gauge cluster; lacks engine temperature."

"Have not owned a Chevy since a 1960 model. Sonic is our most trouble-free car ever. Oil life (according to its sensor) could go 10,000 miles, but must be changed at least annually, to keep warranty valid. I wanted Union Built USA vehicle; note: this has about 50% Korean-made Parts. Top Crash Safety rated; 10 airbags. Great Hatchback styling appears to be a 2-door wagon; 4 adults fit just fine. Has reasonable cargo space; privacy cover clips are flimsy (broke), but the cover works better if clips are actually removed! Amazing turbo power when needed, yet 1.4L engine gets over 50mpg highway. With 6 speed transmission, it occasionally hunts for a gear (when going from coast to accelerate). Gets best mileage over speed 42, as 6th gear is reached (overdrive?). Mileage falls with wind resistance, over speed 55mph. Takes corners like a race-car; is fine in 5- inch snow. LT model has virtually every accessory, including cruise, power windows, remote start, great speaker system. Thick pillars and the headrests obstruct most rearward vision, but dual-lens side-view mirrors help immensely. Just like our 2000 Ford Focus, a little warmed air comes through the heater/air conditioner system whenever the fan-only is turned on, and dial set to coolest."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals