2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic) 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2007 models.

Starting to have trans problems 2011 CrewCab LT

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Pulls and hauls very nicely, Great looking truck"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"I have many complaints about this truck. Why do the lights flicker when the turn signal, hazards or brake lights come on? This truck also has this strange popping/creaking noise coming front when accelerating that the dealer says is normal. Interior storage is horrible. The Gas 6.0 isn't very grunty, but it guzzles gas like crazy. Transmission is erratic. Interior is cheap and full of squeaks and rattles. Rough engine idle. Dashboard will buzz with engine idle and slow acceleration. Brake fluid reservoir leaks like crazy. Engine oil leak at 9500 miles. And now the truck's transmission slips with 2nd to 3rd gear shifts. I've also had brake issues that were fixed by the dealer. I'm planning to take it BACK to the dealer to hopefully get the transmission fixed, but nothing can change my mind about this truck now. This has been very disappointing from the start. What will this truck be like with 100k miles? It only has 14k miles!"

Awesome truck! True workhorse

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"This has been an awesome truck. It pulls or hauls anything I've ever needed it to. Can be a bit rough unloaded, but rides like a Cadillac with any weight in it. Great vehicle. Will keep for a long, long time."

OK BUT SOME PROBLEMS

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "power"

Cons: "GM makes you jump thru hoops to get anything Fix"

"I bought this truck new. It will tow anything Plenty of Power. It is the little things dealer won't fix. Rattle in front dash from Duramax. cheap tires came a part at 15k miles dealer would only replace 2 said thats all GM would do. TRANS LEAK, HARD SHIFTING THEY SAY ITS NORMAL. Whats going to happen to me after a 100k?yea think about it! AT 30K On board computer that runs everthing went crazy.door locks ,lights , engine would stop then not start, truck was at shop for a week or so they could not figure out what was wrong mean while i got no truck still making payments to GM!!!! They gave it back said bring it back when it does it again, well i parked it in the drive way next day they had to come get it. The automatic air check in the wheels still don't work. I got tired of taken it to the dealer . My solution. I bought my own Tires all 4 and am waiting for the truck to Die! yea still got the rattle and the leak and the rough shifting all of it. $45000. truck Yea right!! hurry up Toyota with Big Diesel sooner or latter GM will get a clue. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH A PRODUCT FIX IT DON'T PUT YOUR CUSTOMER THRU H#"L"

I wouldn't do it again

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks great"

Cons: "Engine, trans, brake problems, interior"

"Smooth engine, feels solid, good stopping power, great looking truck... But the interior of this truck needs more storage and cup holders, you do not have much ground clearance for truck with so little cab clearance, and the transmission and gas 6.0 are pretty pathetic. Poor gas mileage, poor power development, terrible gearing, erratic shifts and shutters are some of the things I'm not liking about this truck... I also have strange clunking and popping sounds coming front the right front. And I've been back to dealer twice for issues with brakes."

Now it leaks oil

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

An engine oil leak???

"Our companys trucks have been in and out of the shop from day one. I question some of the people that say how great these trucks are. Both of our company trucks have been having nothing but problems. I just spotted an oil leak on one the other day. It also has problems with a pretty bad engine knock. The other truck has electrical problems in the dashboard/instrument cluster, a tranmission that shifts extremely hard out of park and a driver's door panel that doesn't fit correctly. Both trucks have brake problems that just won't go away. Too many problem for $35,000-$45,000 vehicles with under 10,000 miles."

An engine oil leak???

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado (Classic) 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals