• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

From Ford To Chevy Well worth it !

By on Thursday, December 03, 2009

"Just Reached the 13K 16 MPGs with out the PMT and now 22 mpgs with Bully PMT. It pulls the 42 foot Gooseneck like nothing."

This is an awesome truck.

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This truck is a pleasure to drive and will haul all day long. We purchased this for towing our Fifth Wheel RV. It does this with no hesitation. It is a comfortable ride. The diesel engine is very quiet compared to some and very little odor when running."

By on Sunday, May 15, 2011

By on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Transporters dream

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Im a commercial transporter delievering new and used: 5th wheels, goosnecks and bumper pull RVs, Horsetrailers, cargo, Car and flatbed trailers and boats as well. I average 3500 miles per week, and in just a little over 11 weeks owning it it has 35000 miles already. Overall rate of 4 stars. No performance, reliabilty or mechaincal issues other than a heated mirror doesnt work-got that warrentied. However, the plasticy leather look interior on my LTZ is both a dust collector and takes some work to keep dust free. Also the interior leg room and repositioning area for me is cramped at best-however im 6'5" tall and large framed. Features are convient and not overstated, Leatherseats are durable and attractive however could use a little more seat suppot-maybe a memeory foam would be better. My truck is loaded with extras that intially i didnt want-that being said the NAVIGAtion system is awesome!!! also the climate control is nice however it always wants to switch to fresh air which is a minor annoyance. THis truck pulls like a dream, I can pull a 19,000 lb 5th wheel over the mountains out west at 70 mph, and the "grade brake does an adaquite job however i would prefer a Jocabs or other compression brake. THe Allison is smooth loaded, but empty is a harder feel when is changes gears. Fuel ecomomy ranges from 10-13 loaded 15 to 20 empty. Sweetspot tends to be around 64 MPH empty around 19.0 mpg. Bumper pulls have had the worst fuel economy for me-5th and GNs do much better. If your looking for all around best performace-this is your beast!!! it has its gliches like the no offered compression brake, lack of luxury finish on the dash cover and door covers, and cramped front seat cabins for the big boys, but they are far outweighed by the pros of this durmax allision powerhouse. Note: I tested dodge and Fords of same like and kind-Dodge has a Comp brake and great motor as well and now is rumored to have allison as well-however their cabin is just as cramped if not more so and their fuel economy is the same. also not nearly the powerhouse-ive out pulled two 07 dodge cummins up mountains and they had 3000lb smaller trailers!! Ford has a good truck too, but they contune to be plagues by small issue-especailly electrcal and their power is sucky since they did away with the 7.3L. But Ford has some nice interior features that CHev and Dodge dont have. W Chevy will have the the crowned jewel if they combine a mega-cab with more driver cabin space, and change the plasticy dash and door panels! Note: to my knowledge-dodge doesnt have a mega-cab with a 8 or 9' box-a requirement of the transporter industry. so be aware of this that 6' box will not corner a traditional 5th wheel without the hydralic slider 5th wheel not allowed in the commercail industry. Another issue which kept e away from Dodge was the small cab on the crew cab dodge-why bother with it you could get a 4 door extended cab with the same room. Ford-great looks and decent room, but power and electrical problems are crazy!!! if you want a ford-go older and get 7.3-then you have a machine and get the 450 or 550. but even they have electrical problems. older chevys 05 and older have injector problems over 170,000 miles which costs 5100$ to fix. now remeber im coming to you from an industry that puts on 150,000 miles a year and runs these duallys to 6 to 700,000 miles before retiring them!!!! Comfort and relaibilty means more to us then lokks-but chevy seems to have done a 4-5 star job in all areas-especailly the power-WOW!!!!! Good luck!!!"

Superb Truck

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Well built, comfortable truck with strong towing capability. I tow a 42' fifth wheel and this truck handles it with ease. Impressive power and fuel mileage averaging 16-17 mpg highway when not towing. Excellent for a 4WD crew cab dually. Lots of useful options such as bluetooth. Best truck that I have owned by far. Have had Ford super duties and before that Chevy's."

work horse

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"we've pulled our 25 foot 5th wheel, over the rockies & thru the desert, to michigan, & all points in between. the power and the performance of the trainsmisson was 100% . couldn't ask for more."

fuel hog

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"This is the second diesel chevy i have owned i traded a 03 for this 07 classic. To date it has proved to be the worst truck deal i have made. It was easy to get 18 to 21 mpg in the 03 and the 07 is lucky to get 14. don't get me wrong the 07 out preforms the 02. But when you add up the loss of fuel econmy and the rising cost of diesel it is about to run me into the poor house. The problems i have had have been minor."

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Great truck, use to pull a 38' fifth wheel coach that weighs 15,000lbs. Averaging 13 mpg while pulling at 60 mph and average 18 to 20 mph without coach on highway travel. Very comfortable and powerful. I recommend in a heart beat."

best truck to date

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"this truck is the best truck i have ever owned. It has great power, it always starts at 9600 foot altitude, even when its cold after snow. It is the best diesel to date and quiet. the transmission is great but could shift down quicker, the trailering button is great. this vehicle is super quiet and super comfortab and rides like a cadillac even though it is a one ton truck. pulls trailers, including my 40 foot fifth wheel like it is not even there."

Fantastic truck! N0 problems in 7 years!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, comfort, ability to tow!, OnStar, Sirius."

Cons: "Reading speedometer in bright daylight."

"Great for pulling trailers. No Machanical issues except that I had to replace the batteries at 4 years and I'm on my second set of tires. Very comfortable to drive, no diesel soot to wash off trailer after a cross country drive and its quite compaired to other diesels...no more birds at traffic lights."

Best Truck I Have Ever Owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Duramax Diesel Power, great trasmission, hd frame"

Cons: "No 4wd indicator in dash, not enough cubbies"

"And I have owned a lot of em. This truck is powerful, quiet, reliable and hauls our 3500 pound slide in camper with a quad trailer on back with no issue. It returns about 19 mpg highway with the diesel engine and gives 13 loaded down. It tracks and handles excellent. The diesel exhaust brake, new heavy duty frame and bigger brakes and larger heavy springs make this truck truly HD yet still have a decent ride. I have 12000 miles on the truck and have had to return to the dealer only to have a defective mirror heater replaced. At first I thought the urea system would be a pain, but actually it is no more trouble than dealing with window washer fluid. Power is OUTSTANDING and the Allison shifts smooth as glass. Comfort is great with excellent seats, visibility, climate control and audio system. A HD truck like this is not for everyone, but it works great for our needs. I love it."

dependable dependable.

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"We have 4 of these duramax, allison trans trucks.We have had no problem with any of these trucks. 3 of the 4 trucks never have returned to the shop for anything except routine maintenance. The power is amazing. The diesel engine really shines for farm work where there is a lot of idling. The fuel milage is easily double that of the gas engine under these conditions. I will be hard to talk out of buying a duramax for my next truck."

Love this truck, 5ft 7"wife drives it when she can

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Tows what ever you want it to"

Cons: "Parking it at the Mall can be a challenge"

"I purchased this truck to tow our 36ft 5th wheel with three slides, washer/dryer, three friges, three flat screen TVs, and more stuff then you can believe your wife can pack in it. This is got to be my 10th truck I've owned along with travel trailers, and Motor Homes. We work out of town and use our travel trailers and motor homes as second homes. This is the first truck I've owned that can tow a trailer this size like its not there and at amazing speeds. The only problem I've had thus far is the fuel gage sending unit, and the warranty cover that. The crew cab has lots of room and we have the 8ft bed, lots more room."

I am torn ...

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"To many trips to the shop, I think I got a lemon. Love the looks and performance, great interior (LTZ) motor and tranny are unstoppable but everything else stinks. It was my dream truck turned to a nightmare ... front end rebuilt, brakes done, switches falling out, trailer brake control took 8 visits to fix, now the electronics are failing, fender liner falling out, sunroof shade falls out all the time, door jam seals replaced, the list goes on and on. Thank God I bought the extended coverage plan because I dont thinks anything but the motor and tranny will make it to 100K and Im already at 58."

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"Excellent truck, great for towing. The Allison transmission alone sets this truck above Ford and Dodge. Very comfortable, pretty good mileage considering (I avg 15.6 mpg when not towing), too bad they raised the price of diesel way above gasolline."

Unreliable junk.

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

"These trucks have trans and serious brake problems. Many trips to the dealer with no fixes. This will be my 2nd and my last Chevy."

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I like the truck overall and it has way more power than ford and the alison trans. the feature were that you can shift it yourself is very good for trailering. Also the tow haul mode holds back very well. Over well the truck is great!"

5 months and 18,000 miles I still love this truck

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "more power than you will ever need"

Cons: "I got the CCLB so it's a long truck"

"I tow though the mountains in Colorado all the time and this truck is great towing up the hills and even better going down them. I can set the cruise at 65mph and it will stay between 60 and 70mph going up and down the mountains on I70. This truck is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever had."

Powerfull, dependable, economical for large truck

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, powerful, comfortable, every option"

"I use this vehicle for every day driving and for pulling a 5th wheel. It delivers all the power needed, even through the Rocky Mountains. The ride is comfortable. Has been very dependable. My only negative is that I have been driving for 50 years and this is the only vehicle that I ever replaced a wheel bearing, it appears the bearings are not sized properly."

Best Money You Can Spend

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "More power then You'll ever need"

Cons: "None so far"

"This is my 3rd dually, first one a 2005 Dodge with the 5.9L. Great engine, poor drivetrain. 2nd a 2008 Chevy 6.6L.This truck would pull a coal train but got poor mileage. Traded it for a 2011 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0L Loved the lower payments but the constant downshifting drove me crazy when towing. Just bought the new 2012 Chevy LTZ with the 6.6L After breaking it in hooked a 30' trailer with 17 round bales weighing about a thousand pounds a piece to it. Hay and trailer weight around 23,000 pounds. The Duramax pulled this load 150 miles at 65 MPH. The exhaust brake helped alot slowing the load down. This truck could have pulled another 10,000 pounds with no problem. The 2012 in my opinion is the best produced in resent years. I love this truck!"

Great truck

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"I pull heavy loads with this truck weekly (dump trailer and 25' gooseneck flat bed). The truck has been extremely reliable and is comfortable to drive. Great off road and on road. Great truck for contractors."

This truck has power to spare and highly refined

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Strong and confident with the most refined interio"

Cons: "Everybody wants more mileage, 15/18"

"Power is unbelievable, quietness is without compare, comfort is wonderful, has the best seats and interior in the game, also the duramax and allison trans combo is without compare."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Power, refinement, fit, finish"

Cons: "Built in trailer brake controller inadequate"

"I traded in a 2006 3500 HD w/ diesel for this one because of the added towing capacity and exhaust brake feature. I use this truck for towing a triple axle deck-over flatbed with lumber. Total weight runs 20-22k #. Since I'm pushing the max towing limit with this truck it definitely labors but holds it own. I also plow snow in the winter with it. It does that effortlessly. The miles I have on it are low but hard ones. The engine is quiet and super clean running. The usual rattle that comes from the Fords and the Dodges simply isn't there with this engine but the diesel purr is there if you listen closely. The interior is the same as a well equipped Suburban. Same platform. Same seats, etc. One major gaffe is that they give you a built in brake controller but it doesn't support electric over hydrualic brakes. Hey Chevy...when you are towing over 20k#, what kind of brakes do you think those trailers have?? DUH!!"

This is the most awesome truck

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "very powerful, lots of towing capacity, awesome"

Cons: "nothing"

"I love this truck! It is awesome! It is the best! If nobody likes this truck, then there is something wrong with their senses about trucks! Gets awesome gas mileage!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals