2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

was a great truck

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "rides nice for a 1 ton Dually"

Cons: "nothing bad to say about truck"

"hit a 1500 # cow going 65 mph and walked away but know its totaled . hoping to get a new one! took trip to Florida and pulled 45' 5th wheel with no problems."

By on Sunday, May 15, 2011

work horse

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"we've pulled our 25 foot 5th wheel, over the rockies & thru the desert, to michigan, & all points in between. the power and the performance of the trainsmisson was 100% . couldn't ask for more."

Transporters dream

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Im a commercial transporter delievering new and used: 5th wheels, goosnecks and bumper pull RVs, Horsetrailers, cargo, Car and flatbed trailers and boats as well. I average 3500 miles per week, and in just a little over 11 weeks owning it it has 35000 miles already. Overall rate of 4 stars. No performance, reliabilty or mechaincal issues other than a heated mirror doesnt work-got that warrentied. However, the plasticy leather look interior on my LTZ is both a dust collector and takes some work to keep dust free. Also the interior leg room and repositioning area for me is cramped at best-however im 6'5" tall and large framed. Features are convient and not overstated, Leatherseats are durable and attractive however could use a little more seat suppot-maybe a memeory foam would be better. My truck is loaded with extras that intially i didnt want-that being said the NAVIGAtion system is awesome!!! also the climate control is nice however it always wants to switch to fresh air which is a minor annoyance. THis truck pulls like a dream, I can pull a 19,000 lb 5th wheel over the mountains out west at 70 mph, and the "grade brake does an adaquite job however i would prefer a Jocabs or other compression brake. THe Allison is smooth loaded, but empty is a harder feel when is changes gears. Fuel ecomomy ranges from 10-13 loaded 15 to 20 empty. Sweetspot tends to be around 64 MPH empty around 19.0 mpg. Bumper pulls have had the worst fuel economy for me-5th and GNs do much better. If your looking for all around best performace-this is your beast!!! it has its gliches like the no offered compression brake, lack of luxury finish on the dash cover and door covers, and cramped front seat cabins for the big boys, but they are far outweighed by the pros of this durmax allision powerhouse. Note: I tested dodge and Fords of same like and kind-Dodge has a Comp brake and great motor as well and now is rumored to have allison as well-however their cabin is just as cramped if not more so and their fuel economy is the same. also not nearly the powerhouse-ive out pulled two 07 dodge cummins up mountains and they had 3000lb smaller trailers!! Ford has a good truck too, but they contune to be plagues by small issue-especailly electrcal and their power is sucky since they did away with the 7.3L. But Ford has some nice interior features that CHev and Dodge dont have. W Chevy will have the the crowned jewel if they combine a mega-cab with more driver cabin space, and change the plasticy dash and door panels! Note: to my knowledge-dodge doesnt have a mega-cab with a 8 or 9' box-a requirement of the transporter industry. so be aware of this that 6' box will not corner a traditional 5th wheel without the hydralic slider 5th wheel not allowed in the commercail industry. Another issue which kept e away from Dodge was the small cab on the crew cab dodge-why bother with it you could get a 4 door extended cab with the same room. Ford-great looks and decent room, but power and electrical problems are crazy!!! if you want a ford-go older and get 7.3-then you have a machine and get the 450 or 550. but even they have electrical problems. older chevys 05 and older have injector problems over 170,000 miles which costs 5100$ to fix. now remeber im coming to you from an industry that puts on 150,000 miles a year and runs these duallys to 6 to 700,000 miles before retiring them!!!! Comfort and relaibilty means more to us then lokks-but chevy seems to have done a 4-5 star job in all areas-especailly the power-WOW!!!!! Good luck!!!"

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Great truck, use to pull a 38' fifth wheel coach that weighs 15,000lbs. Averaging 13 mpg while pulling at 60 mph and average 18 to 20 mph without coach on highway travel. Very comfortable and powerful. I recommend in a heart beat."

Fantastic truck! N0 problems in 7 years!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, comfort, ability to tow!, OnStar, Sirius."

Cons: "Reading speedometer in bright daylight."

"Great for pulling trailers. No Machanical issues except that I had to replace the batteries at 4 years and I'm on my second set of tires. Very comfortable to drive, no diesel soot to wash off trailer after a cross country drive and its quite compaired to other diesels...no more birds at traffic lights."

Best Truck I Have Ever Owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Duramax Diesel Power, great trasmission, hd frame"

Cons: "No 4wd indicator in dash, not enough cubbies"

"And I have owned a lot of em. This truck is powerful, quiet, reliable and hauls our 3500 pound slide in camper with a quad trailer on back with no issue. It returns about 19 mpg highway with the diesel engine and gives 13 loaded down. It tracks and handles excellent. The diesel exhaust brake, new heavy duty frame and bigger brakes and larger heavy springs make this truck truly HD yet still have a decent ride. I have 12000 miles on the truck and have had to return to the dealer only to have a defective mirror heater replaced. At first I thought the urea system would be a pain, but actually it is no more trouble than dealing with window washer fluid. Power is OUTSTANDING and the Allison shifts smooth as glass. Comfort is great with excellent seats, visibility, climate control and audio system. A HD truck like this is not for everyone, but it works great for our needs. I love it."

dependable dependable.

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"We have 4 of these duramax, allison trans trucks.We have had no problem with any of these trucks. 3 of the 4 trucks never have returned to the shop for anything except routine maintenance. The power is amazing. The diesel engine really shines for farm work where there is a lot of idling. The fuel milage is easily double that of the gas engine under these conditions. I will be hard to talk out of buying a duramax for my next truck."

Love this truck, 5ft 7"wife drives it when she can

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Tows what ever you want it to"

Cons: "Parking it at the Mall can be a challenge"

"I purchased this truck to tow our 36ft 5th wheel with three slides, washer/dryer, three friges, three flat screen TVs, and more stuff then you can believe your wife can pack in it. This is got to be my 10th truck I've owned along with travel trailers, and Motor Homes. We work out of town and use our travel trailers and motor homes as second homes. This is the first truck I've owned that can tow a trailer this size like its not there and at amazing speeds. The only problem I've had thus far is the fuel gage sending unit, and the warranty cover that. The crew cab has lots of room and we have the 8ft bed, lots more room."

Superb Truck

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Well built, comfortable truck with strong towing capability. I tow a 42' fifth wheel and this truck handles it with ease. Impressive power and fuel mileage averaging 16-17 mpg highway when not towing. Excellent for a 4WD crew cab dually. Lots of useful options such as bluetooth. Best truck that I have owned by far. Have had Ford super duties and before that Chevy's."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals