• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

best truck to date

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"this truck is the best truck i have ever owned. It has great power, it always starts at 9600 foot altitude, even when its cold after snow. It is the best diesel to date and quiet. the transmission is great but could shift down quicker, the trailering button is great. this vehicle is super quiet and super comfortab and rides like a cadillac even though it is a one ton truck. pulls trailers, including my 40 foot fifth wheel like it is not even there."

Fantastic truck! N0 problems in 7 years!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, comfort, ability to tow!, OnStar, Sirius."

Cons: "Reading speedometer in bright daylight."

"Great for pulling trailers. No Machanical issues except that I had to replace the batteries at 4 years and I'm on my second set of tires. Very comfortable to drive, no diesel soot to wash off trailer after a cross country drive and its quite compaired to other diesels...no more birds at traffic lights."

Best Truck I Have Ever Owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Duramax Diesel Power, great trasmission, hd frame"

Cons: "No 4wd indicator in dash, not enough cubbies"

"And I have owned a lot of em. This truck is powerful, quiet, reliable and hauls our 3500 pound slide in camper with a quad trailer on back with no issue. It returns about 19 mpg highway with the diesel engine and gives 13 loaded down. It tracks and handles excellent. The diesel exhaust brake, new heavy duty frame and bigger brakes and larger heavy springs make this truck truly HD yet still have a decent ride. I have 12000 miles on the truck and have had to return to the dealer only to have a defective mirror heater replaced. At first I thought the urea system would be a pain, but actually it is no more trouble than dealing with window washer fluid. Power is OUTSTANDING and the Allison shifts smooth as glass. Comfort is great with excellent seats, visibility, climate control and audio system. A HD truck like this is not for everyone, but it works great for our needs. I love it."

dependable dependable.

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"We have 4 of these duramax, allison trans trucks.We have had no problem with any of these trucks. 3 of the 4 trucks never have returned to the shop for anything except routine maintenance. The power is amazing. The diesel engine really shines for farm work where there is a lot of idling. The fuel milage is easily double that of the gas engine under these conditions. I will be hard to talk out of buying a duramax for my next truck."

Love this truck, 5ft 7"wife drives it when she can

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Tows what ever you want it to"

Cons: "Parking it at the Mall can be a challenge"

"I purchased this truck to tow our 36ft 5th wheel with three slides, washer/dryer, three friges, three flat screen TVs, and more stuff then you can believe your wife can pack in it. This is got to be my 10th truck I've owned along with travel trailers, and Motor Homes. We work out of town and use our travel trailers and motor homes as second homes. This is the first truck I've owned that can tow a trailer this size like its not there and at amazing speeds. The only problem I've had thus far is the fuel gage sending unit, and the warranty cover that. The crew cab has lots of room and we have the 8ft bed, lots more room."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals