• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great truck. I love it in every way.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "fully loaded - plush, tows great, very comfortable"

Cons: "price new was a little steep"

"We tow our horses with this truck all the time on long trips and short. It always feels well anchored, far better than my 1/2 ton pickup. It has always been reliable, and even when the trailer brake failed, the truck was able to handle all of the braking comfortably enough. The Allison trans was a big aid in that situation (even in mountainous driving). The only real problems we've had with it have been from the trailer brake problem which caused the truck's brakes to wear prematurely. the only thing I would change about it would be better fuel economy (we're getting around 14.5mpg while towing), which has decreased over time, but I think that's more because of falling fuel quality, rather than the truck."

This pick up truck is the best we have ever owned.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

"Chev. 2007/4-wheel,w/manual capabilities is the best. We have leather with all amenities. Ride is great, seat choices, heat,bladder,movable, etc. I am looking at selling b/c my needs have changed.Towing has been a dream with this truck. All miles are highway and milage averages, trip=18+, short trips=15-16. Quite good for a 3/4 ton! We have always been so happy with it and would recommend it."

we love this truck

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"We have always owned gm products and been happy. This truck has power for pulling and the comfort for a long ride. This is a nice looking truck and sounds like the big dog it is"

Choppy Ride 2500HD

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Style, size, power"

Cons: "3/4 ton rides like a truck..."

"Nice power, choppy ride , nice amount of options bought larger tires, stock tires are too small."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I've owned both Chevy and Ford Diesels, I changed to gas because of the maintenance and repair on the DSL's. I love this truck, great pulling power and it doesn't break the bank."

Great Truck/ Great Resale

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Very strong diesel engine. Manages my 11,500lb camper with authority. I bought it new for around $37,000 and it is really holding resale value."

Best Vehicle So Far

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "head turner, pulls anything, best 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "diesel particulate filter"

"I have had my silverado for 4 years now and I have put it through alot. Anywhere from hauling cattle to a rodeo or entering it in car shows. The duramax and allison have not seen a limit. Everything I have been through with this truck I only have one complaint. The exuast filter. I HATE the way it works. One example it shut down my engine power to clean the filter when I was in heavy traffic. And the worst part is that they say if it ever breaks that its not covered by any of the warranty. They made it completely automatic for convience but if it breaks its our fault."

Best riding truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Commanding veiw of the road, great ride, fuel economy is 17 on hwy if you keep your foot out of it!!! Takes up 2 parking spots being crewcab with 8 foot bed. not for city!!! Will tow/pull anything!! Gasoline engine cheaper to service and is quieter!"

Starting to have trans problems 2011 CrewCab LT

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Pulls and hauls very nicely, Great looking truck"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"I have many complaints about this truck. Why do the lights flicker when the turn signal, hazards or brake lights come on? This truck also has this strange popping/creaking noise coming front when accelerating that the dealer says is normal. Interior storage is horrible. The Gas 6.0 isn't very grunty, but it guzzles gas like crazy. Transmission is erratic. Interior is cheap and full of squeaks and rattles. Rough engine idle. Dashboard will buzz with engine idle and slow acceleration. Brake fluid reservoir leaks like crazy. Engine oil leak at 9500 miles. And now the truck's transmission slips with 2nd to 3rd gear shifts. I've also had brake issues that were fixed by the dealer. I'm planning to take it BACK to the dealer to hopefully get the transmission fixed, but nothing can change my mind about this truck now. This has been very disappointing from the start. What will this truck be like with 100k miles? It only has 14k miles!"

New truck with brakes problems

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

"In and out of the shop for brake problems. They turned the rotors at 1200 miles for squealing. I Complained about a crunchy feeling brake pedal and a return of the squeal at 2800 miles. I had a dragging front brake caliper, uneven brake wear and a return of the squealing at 3900. The dealer said they had fixed all issues, but they really didn't. Now the dealer's telling me to ignore the squealing and all the other issues. It's a brand new truck, General Motors. Will you come up with a true fix or is this how you handle your business?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals