2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

2011 2500 HD Crew Cab

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cons: "Too tall, eats too much gas"

"Good truck, but loves gas and the transmission needs to change gears too much."

Love the Duramax, not much more I love.

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Suspension, Duramax engine"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"The diesel option is very expensive, but I believe it's worth it for people that really need pulling power. The engine is smooth, extremely strong and significantly more efficient than my other gas trucks that I'd owned in the past. My problem is with the truck it's in. I've had nothing but small quality problems that I think are inexcusable. My right rear door had to be adjusted because it was crooked right from the factory, the tailgate wouldn't latch on the left side of the bed, my brake fluid reservoir constantly leaks onto wires and hoses under the hood, my brake pedal feels crunchy after towing in hot weather, the black plastic parts around the hood hinges are warping and catch the hood every time i open it. Constant brake screeching, inexplicable and intermittent electrical issues that turn equipment on, off or make the equipment unresponsive. All these problems are from the time the truck was new. I also have many, many gripes with the layout of the interior and others parts of this truck. The window and lock controls are easy to bump, the glove boxes aren't very large and shaped in a strange way, the door cup holders are tight squeeze for getting bottles in and out of, steering wheel is a reach for tall drivers, steering feeling is dead, it has no center feel, ground clearance is very poor for such a tall vehicle, seat bolsters are easily wearing, rear seat crew cab isn't as roomy and comfortable as others....I can just go on and on. It's not all bad. I like the solid feel the truck has, the roll and crush of the suspension is very well controlled, brakes are strong. If I think harder, I could probably name a few other positives about the truck, but it would not outweigh the many negatives."

Loves gas

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"My Ext Cab Silverado 2500HD is both gutless and gas guzzling. Doesn't that sound like a winning combination? The 6.0L gas engine is smooth, but it doesn't develop the kind of low-end power you need in a truck. If you tow a trailer, you'll find that the transmission will frequently down shift to keep the truck going the speed you want even in tow mode. I also have my complaints about quality and reliability with this vehicles. I've been back to the dealer once for a faulty seat belt reminder that would sometimes stay on after buckling up, twice in 10k miles to have the rotors resurfaced for squeaking and once to complain about leaks around the right valve cover. Dealer told me the "that some oil build up" is "normal for all their engines. Really? An engine oil leak at 11k miles is "normal"???"

I want my Ford back!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "It does look good."

Cons: "Underpowered gas engine, unreliable, cheap interior, extremely poor handling."

"Well, it's going back to the dealer for even more problems. The warranty will take care of new transmission next week... But being under warranty is the only good part of all this. The truck spends more time sitting because of defects than it does making money for my company. If it sits, it's no good to me. I need a truck to be reliable. GM, you can have your truck back."

Like a rock!

By on Friday, October 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliability!!!!! Decent gas mileage for a 3/4 ton."

Cons: "Rough ride."

"This truck is used to run a construction company and is always on the move. Average about 50k to 60k miles a year on it. Currently at 216,000 and the only two repairs this truck has needed have been a transfer case seal and a axle seal. So far it has been the most reliable truck we have had the pleasure of owning. Without a doubt when the day comes to replace it we will be purchasing another chevy."

great truck has been very dependable

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "most depenable truck I've owned"

Cons: "needs a out side temperture gage"

"This is my work truck where during the harvest I pull over 20,000 pounds with it everyday for 2 months. I have the 6.0L engine and I am very pleased with it. I have owned Ford, Dodge, and Chevy diesels and I am not disapointed in what this engine will do. I have pulled trailers up some of the steeps hills on the interstate without needing anymore power. With the cost of buying and maintaing a diesel truck we as a company are using these trucks and they have been great. The company bought two new Dodge Diesel trucks this year and in under a year spent almost $10,000 each in repairs. Our gas Chevy trucks have not been in the shop. The new EPA requirements on the diesels are to much for them. We could not keep a clean fuel filter in them and when they get dirty at 2000 milles or less the fuel range drops to below 10 miles per gallon. However with my gas engine I have over 88,000 miles on it during my first year driving it and no problems. Just change the oil and go. I would of given it all 9's if it came with a out side temperture gage and a softer ride when empty."

Solid truck but....

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "power, great driving experience."

Cons: "doesnt come with the allison tranny, over priced"

"Love the truck, it rides good, the power is great (definitely chip it, its night and day in performance) the only thing I dont like is that the transmission seems to slip sometimes and ive had something fixed on the tranny (power tran warranty covered it but still). Took it off roading hard in the desert did great but I hate that it doesnt have the differential lock, really effects the trucks ability (planning to get it installed)Solid motor, great power, love how the truck rides, very solid frame, sturdy. I loaded a crate of cynder blocks (4000lbs) the truck carried it with out a problem and with ease!"

Great Truck/ Great Resale

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Very strong diesel engine. Manages my 11,500lb camper with authority. I bought it new for around $37,000 and it is really holding resale value."

Great truck. I love it in every way.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "fully loaded - plush, tows great, very comfortable"

Cons: "price new was a little steep"

"We tow our horses with this truck all the time on long trips and short. It always feels well anchored, far better than my 1/2 ton pickup. It has always been reliable, and even when the trailer brake failed, the truck was able to handle all of the braking comfortably enough. The Allison trans was a big aid in that situation (even in mountainous driving). The only real problems we've had with it have been from the trailer brake problem which caused the truck's brakes to wear prematurely. the only thing I would change about it would be better fuel economy (we're getting around 14.5mpg while towing), which has decreased over time, but I think that's more because of falling fuel quality, rather than the truck."

Best truck I have owned out of 12

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Hardest working truck in the used truck market now"

Cons: "I wish I could afford a fleet of these"

"You need a highly reliable, hard working truck? This is it. 6.0L Gas - Wow! an engine and drive train that the owner can actually maintain at his home garage. Over 100k on this one and hooks up to my 24ft gooseneck to pull a load of cattle up the hill today!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals