2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Awesome truck! True workhorse

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

"This has been an awesome truck. It pulls or hauls anything I've ever needed it to. Can be a bit rough unloaded, but rides like a Cadillac with any weight in it. Great vehicle. Will keep for a long, long time."

Solid Truck

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "great performance and value"

Cons: "plain interior"

"This is a great truck for the money. I admit that the cabin could be more luxuirious for a $45000 asking price, but this is a truck not a luxury car. I was always a Ford guy and finally decided to buy a Silverado. Pretty sure I won't change back. Great driving truck, sufficient power, and good quality. When deciding between my Chevy and getting another Ford, I penalized Ford for putting to much attention to a "great looking" cab and less on the performance of the truck. I would rather have a solid tuff truck than a pretty one. In my opinion, the Chevy is far superior to the Ford in driving impressions. The Chevy has tighter steering, less vibrations, and is more responsive when opening up the throttle. So when I look for a truck I focus more on the "guts" of the truck rather than the dashboard."

Best HD truck on the market

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "11 cupholders! Fun to drive, can do anything"

Cons: "Should've bought it sooner!"

"I've owned this truck for a year and had absolutely zero issues and love this truck! Diesel mileage is awesome vs gas 6.0 Vortec and I get 17-21 (up to 24 if doing 60-65mph feathering it on the interstate). It will tow/haul anything coming or going. 9,000 lb boxed trailer that was 9' tall in rainy/windy conditions I could not even tell it was behind me. Stabilitrack kept me from jack knifing this trailer in the rain on weird angles. Truck only squated down 0.5" with 9k behind it. Power was on demand anytime I needed it and the jake brake (turbo brake) is awesome on steep inclines and stop and go red light driving while towing. It will out accelerate a new dodge 2500 or ford 2500. DEF is not bad it has a pretty good range and the allison trans is one of the best out there. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy Chevrolet. Quality and convenience of usb ports and electric start and nice luxuries to get if able."

Reasonable value

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun to drive, for a truck"

Cons: "transmission self destructs after 100k miles"

"I bought this truck new and off the lot it got about 12 mpg city and 17 mpg highway. I added a K&N cold air kit and a performance MAF, and reprogrammed the computer with a Jet reprogrammer for best economy, lowered the transmission shift points as far as they'd go. MPG improved dramatically - 17 city and 25 highway. Its run flawless for the first 100k miles with just minor - recall and warranty issues. Its comfortable and quite sporty for a HD 4x4. GM under rated the HP at 300hp, it clearly has lots more. Interior complaint - only 2 cup holders and the center seat doesn't fold to make a console/arm-rest. But at 108000 miles, the transmission gave out - the torque converter self destructed and sent junk throughout the transmission - ruining it. Replacement cost - $4000. I'd buy another one set up the same way - but trade it in at 100k miles before the transmission gives out."

I'm sick of this truck

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Brake problems from day one. Transmission problems and funny noises when shifting from day one. Burning brake smell coming from the truck at 6000 miles that the dealers says is normal. Now I have a check engine light at 7000 miles! I've only owned this truck for 5 months! This truck has been back to the dealer 4 times now with no fixes and has now been in the shop for 5 full days. What is going on? This truck is a LEMON!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals