2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Leaks won't stop!

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Best looking truck, feels like a tank"

Cons: "Mpg, cheap interior, little storage, reliablity"

"My truck is now going back to the dealer for its 5th visit for warranty work. 3 times for a trans seal that keeps failing. Truck has also had brake dragging and squealing issues. The dealer turned the rotors, made adjustments on both visits, but the issue still isn't completely resolved. My other complaint is gas mileage. Can't get much more than 11 or 12 mpg in mixed driving. That's the worst gas mileage I've ever had of any truck I've owned."

Don't buy this vehicle.

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling, comfortable seats, good brakes"

Cons: "Underpowered, handles very bad on rough roads, needs more storage, bad trans"

"The truck has little storage. Interior feels poorly made. 6.0L gas engine is underpowered, it's a joke. Gas mileage is okay on the highway, but is shockingly bad in the city. Handling is the worst of any of the American 3/4 ton trucks. And my truck's transmission has been very problematic."

Solid Truck

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "great performance and value"

Cons: "plain interior"

"This is a great truck for the money. I admit that the cabin could be more luxuirious for a $45000 asking price, but this is a truck not a luxury car. I was always a Ford guy and finally decided to buy a Silverado. Pretty sure I won't change back. Great driving truck, sufficient power, and good quality. When deciding between my Chevy and getting another Ford, I penalized Ford for putting to much attention to a "great looking" cab and less on the performance of the truck. I would rather have a solid tuff truck than a pretty one. In my opinion, the Chevy is far superior to the Ford in driving impressions. The Chevy has tighter steering, less vibrations, and is more responsive when opening up the throttle. So when I look for a truck I focus more on the "guts" of the truck rather than the dashboard."

I'm sick of this truck

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Brake problems from day one. Transmission problems and funny noises when shifting from day one. Burning brake smell coming from the truck at 6000 miles that the dealers says is normal. Now I have a check engine light at 7000 miles! I've only owned this truck for 5 months! This truck has been back to the dealer 4 times now with no fixes and has now been in the shop for 5 full days. What is going on? This truck is a LEMON!"

This is one fine truck

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Even pulling a load, the mileage has been good"

Cons: "cost alot to fill it up"

"No issues to this point, gas mileage has been superb for this type vehicle, the ride is firm but handling is excellent. I live in a hot humid area and the ac handles it quickly and quietly. It's big, tall and can haul a load all with a minimum of noise, this is not your fathers truck. Love it to this point"

Amazing Truck with great towing capabilities!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Reason: traded it in on a new 2013 model

Pros: "6.6 liter Diesel, Allison transmission, Powerful"

Cons: "DEF fuel, low mpg"

"I bought a 2007 2500 HD Crew Cab Diesel and towed my 33ft fifth wheel camper with ease. I loved it so much i just traded it in for a 2013 2500 HD Crew Cab Diesel last week. Don't get me wrong, it was painful to let "Big Red" go but the resale value was so good that when i went to the dealer for a minor recall notice, they made me an offer i couldn't refuse. I never had a single problem with my 2007 Diesel and if i can offer any advice to someone researching for a new truck, it would be to get the Diesel and the Allison Transmission if you can afford it. I tow my 5th wheel camper like it's not even behind me. The Allison transmission is amazing!! Don't get me wrong, the Duramax Diesel engine is no slouch either. Will i miss, "Big Red", who in herself was still just a baby with just over 40,000 miles on her? Absolutely! The fact that "Big Blue" now sits in my driveway makes it a lot easier to handle though. Time will tell if the 2013 model will hold up as well as my 2007 but i was so impressed with "Big Red" that i have no doubt this new truck will function just as well. One slight negative is this silly DEF fuel you have to add every 7,000 miles to a separate 10 gallon tank."

2011 2500 HD Crew Cab

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cons: "Too tall, eats too much gas"

"Good truck, but loves gas and the transmission needs to change gears too much."

Love the Duramax, not much more I love.

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Suspension, Duramax engine"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"The diesel option is very expensive, but I believe it's worth it for people that really need pulling power. The engine is smooth, extremely strong and significantly more efficient than my other gas trucks that I'd owned in the past. My problem is with the truck it's in. I've had nothing but small quality problems that I think are inexcusable. My right rear door had to be adjusted because it was crooked right from the factory, the tailgate wouldn't latch on the left side of the bed, my brake fluid reservoir constantly leaks onto wires and hoses under the hood, my brake pedal feels crunchy after towing in hot weather, the black plastic parts around the hood hinges are warping and catch the hood every time i open it. Constant brake screeching, inexplicable and intermittent electrical issues that turn equipment on, off or make the equipment unresponsive. All these problems are from the time the truck was new. I also have many, many gripes with the layout of the interior and others parts of this truck. The window and lock controls are easy to bump, the glove boxes aren't very large and shaped in a strange way, the door cup holders are tight squeeze for getting bottles in and out of, steering wheel is a reach for tall drivers, steering feeling is dead, it has no center feel, ground clearance is very poor for such a tall vehicle, seat bolsters are easily wearing, rear seat crew cab isn't as roomy and comfortable as others....I can just go on and on. It's not all bad. I like the solid feel the truck has, the roll and crush of the suspension is very well controlled, brakes are strong. If I think harder, I could probably name a few other positives about the truck, but it would not outweigh the many negatives."

I want my Ford back!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "It does look good."

Cons: "Underpowered gas engine, unreliable, cheap interior, extremely poor handling."

"Well, it's going back to the dealer for even more problems. The warranty will take care of new transmission next week... But being under warranty is the only good part of all this. The truck spends more time sitting because of defects than it does making money for my company. If it sits, it's no good to me. I need a truck to be reliable. GM, you can have your truck back."

great truck has been very dependable

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "most depenable truck I've owned"

Cons: "needs a out side temperture gage"

"This is my work truck where during the harvest I pull over 20,000 pounds with it everyday for 2 months. I have the 6.0L engine and I am very pleased with it. I have owned Ford, Dodge, and Chevy diesels and I am not disapointed in what this engine will do. I have pulled trailers up some of the steeps hills on the interstate without needing anymore power. With the cost of buying and maintaing a diesel truck we as a company are using these trucks and they have been great. The company bought two new Dodge Diesel trucks this year and in under a year spent almost $10,000 each in repairs. Our gas Chevy trucks have not been in the shop. The new EPA requirements on the diesels are to much for them. We could not keep a clean fuel filter in them and when they get dirty at 2000 milles or less the fuel range drops to below 10 miles per gallon. However with my gas engine I have over 88,000 miles on it during my first year driving it and no problems. Just change the oil and go. I would of given it all 9's if it came with a out side temperture gage and a softer ride when empty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals