2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

New truck with brakes problems

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

"In and out of the shop for brake problems. They turned the rotors at 1200 miles for squealing. I Complained about a crunchy feeling brake pedal and a return of the squeal at 2800 miles. I had a dragging front brake caliper, uneven brake wear and a return of the squealing at 3900. The dealer said they had fixed all issues, but they really didn't. Now the dealer's telling me to ignore the squealing and all the other issues. It's a brand new truck, General Motors. Will you come up with a true fix or is this how you handle your business?"

Not Happy

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This truck is giving me too many transmission and brake problems. Truck has trouble shifting out of 2nd gear in colder weather. It slips or even stays stuck in 2nd gear at times. I've also started seeing a lot of build up around the transmission tail housing. Dealer has done everything but find fixes to the problems with the trans and brakes. I was reading a different KBB consumer review that had mentioned brake problems with their truck. The problems I'm having sound similar to that. This maybe a problem that many other owners are having. If you're looking for a 3/4 ton truck, I DO NOT recommend people buy this vehicle."

Power is good. 6sp tranny' smooth.

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"Dealership not able to fix vibration problem. GM will not stand behind thier 5yr/100k powertrain warranty."

6 problems after owning it for only 1 month!!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Smooth engine, looks great, nice to have a 100k warrnty...looks like I'll need it."

Cons: "Cheap interior, very little storage, engine is slugish, terrible handling, rides like a rock"

"I'm VERY disappointed! This truck has had everything from oil leaks to a bad door mechanism, a transmission that likes to go thud, clunk and shutter to brakes that don't apply evenly and that like to drag after you let go of the brake pedal... Now I have a new problem with my tailgate not wanting to lock! I have never had a vehicle this poorly made!! I'm happy my dealer is trying to fix the issues, but I can't understand how a vehicle this new and expensive could have so many defects in less than one month."

GM could do better

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Braking power, feels tough, nice seats, styling"

Cons: "Bad trans, gas mileage, poorly made inside and out"

"Not very happy with my purchase of a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. Interior isn't very well put together with plenty of cheap parts in a truck that costs over 40k. Many of these parts have terrible fit and will rattle and buzz...pretty annoying. The handling of this truck is also unimpressive. The steering feels sloppy with no center feel at highway speeds. If you go over bad pavement, the truck will shake and dance around so badly that keeping the truck going straight and driving at the speed of other vehicles becomes impossible. Also the gas engine and 6 speed transmission could be better than what they are. Not much low-end power, terrible 10-12 miles for a gallon of gas, and the trans always feels like it's hunting for the right gear. Beyond all that has been the reliability issues. GM has already covered transmission work in a truck with barely 20,000 miles. I had problems with the transmission slipping, not wanting to shift and/or hard shifting with a very nasty clunking sounds from the driveline that i'm still seeing and hearing even after the work was done. I've also spotted several oil/fluid leaks from this truck. I've had two Toyota trucks and one Ford that lasted much, much longer with no signs of leaks. Why is this thing doing it now?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals