2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 405 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love This Truck

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I have only had this truck for 4 mounths. But so far I love It. I put a larger tire on It (285/75) and It gave It a much better ride & look. Gas mileage could be better 11.2 not so good. I am hopeing that it gets better as the truck only has 2400 miles on it."

OK BUT SOME PROBLEMS

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "power"

Cons: "GM makes you jump thru hoops to get anything Fix"

"I bought this truck new. It will tow anything Plenty of Power. It is the little things dealer won't fix. Rattle in front dash from Duramax. cheap tires came a part at 15k miles dealer would only replace 2 said thats all GM would do. TRANS LEAK, HARD SHIFTING THEY SAY ITS NORMAL. Whats going to happen to me after a 100k?yea think about it! AT 30K On board computer that runs everthing went crazy.door locks ,lights , engine would stop then not start, truck was at shop for a week or so they could not figure out what was wrong mean while i got no truck still making payments to GM!!!! They gave it back said bring it back when it does it again, well i parked it in the drive way next day they had to come get it. The automatic air check in the wheels still don't work. I got tired of taken it to the dealer . My solution. I bought my own Tires all 4 and am waiting for the truck to Die! yea still got the rattle and the leak and the rough shifting all of it. $45000. truck Yea right!! hurry up Toyota with Big Diesel sooner or latter GM will get a clue. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH A PRODUCT FIX IT DON'T PUT YOUR CUSTOMER THRU H#"L"

Starting to have trans problems 2011 CrewCab LT

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Pulls and hauls very nicely, Great looking truck"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"I have many complaints about this truck. Why do the lights flicker when the turn signal, hazards or brake lights come on? This truck also has this strange popping/creaking noise coming front when accelerating that the dealer says is normal. Interior storage is horrible. The Gas 6.0 isn't very grunty, but it guzzles gas like crazy. Transmission is erratic. Interior is cheap and full of squeaks and rattles. Rough engine idle. Dashboard will buzz with engine idle and slow acceleration. Brake fluid reservoir leaks like crazy. Engine oil leak at 9500 miles. And now the truck's transmission slips with 2nd to 3rd gear shifts. I've also had brake issues that were fixed by the dealer. I'm planning to take it BACK to the dealer to hopefully get the transmission fixed, but nothing can change my mind about this truck now. This has been very disappointing from the start. What will this truck be like with 100k miles? It only has 14k miles!"

I wouldn't do it again

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks great"

Cons: "Engine, trans, brake problems, interior"

"Smooth engine, feels solid, good stopping power, great looking truck... But the interior of this truck needs more storage and cup holders, you do not have much ground clearance for truck with so little cab clearance, and the transmission and gas 6.0 are pretty pathetic. Poor gas mileage, poor power development, terrible gearing, erratic shifts and shutters are some of the things I'm not liking about this truck... I also have strange clunking and popping sounds coming front the right front. And I've been back to dealer twice for issues with brakes."

Now it leaks oil

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

An engine oil leak???

"Our companys trucks have been in and out of the shop from day one. I question some of the people that say how great these trucks are. Both of our company trucks have been having nothing but problems. I just spotted an oil leak on one the other day. It also has problems with a pretty bad engine knock. The other truck has electrical problems in the dashboard/instrument cluster, a tranmission that shifts extremely hard out of park and a driver's door panel that doesn't fit correctly. Both trucks have brake problems that just won't go away. Too many problem for $35,000-$45,000 vehicles with under 10,000 miles."

An engine oil leak???

New truck with brakes problems

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

"In and out of the shop for brake problems. They turned the rotors at 1200 miles for squealing. I Complained about a crunchy feeling brake pedal and a return of the squeal at 2800 miles. I had a dragging front brake caliper, uneven brake wear and a return of the squealing at 3900. The dealer said they had fixed all issues, but they really didn't. Now the dealer's telling me to ignore the squealing and all the other issues. It's a brand new truck, General Motors. Will you come up with a true fix or is this how you handle your business?"

Not Happy

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This truck is giving me too many transmission and brake problems. Truck has trouble shifting out of 2nd gear in colder weather. It slips or even stays stuck in 2nd gear at times. I've also started seeing a lot of build up around the transmission tail housing. Dealer has done everything but find fixes to the problems with the trans and brakes. I was reading a different KBB consumer review that had mentioned brake problems with their truck. The problems I'm having sound similar to that. This maybe a problem that many other owners are having. If you're looking for a 3/4 ton truck, I DO NOT recommend people buy this vehicle."

Power is good. 6sp tranny' smooth.

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"Dealership not able to fix vibration problem. GM will not stand behind thier 5yr/100k powertrain warranty."

6 problems after owning it for only 1 month!!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Smooth engine, looks great, nice to have a 100k warrnty...looks like I'll need it."

Cons: "Cheap interior, very little storage, engine is slugish, terrible handling, rides like a rock"

"I'm VERY disappointed! This truck has had everything from oil leaks to a bad door mechanism, a transmission that likes to go thud, clunk and shutter to brakes that don't apply evenly and that like to drag after you let go of the brake pedal... Now I have a new problem with my tailgate not wanting to lock! I have never had a vehicle this poorly made!! I'm happy my dealer is trying to fix the issues, but I can't understand how a vehicle this new and expensive could have so many defects in less than one month."

GM could do better

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Braking power, feels tough, nice seats, styling"

Cons: "Bad trans, gas mileage, poorly made inside and out"

"Not very happy with my purchase of a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. Interior isn't very well put together with plenty of cheap parts in a truck that costs over 40k. Many of these parts have terrible fit and will rattle and buzz...pretty annoying. The handling of this truck is also unimpressive. The steering feels sloppy with no center feel at highway speeds. If you go over bad pavement, the truck will shake and dance around so badly that keeping the truck going straight and driving at the speed of other vehicles becomes impossible. Also the gas engine and 6 speed transmission could be better than what they are. Not much low-end power, terrible 10-12 miles for a gallon of gas, and the trans always feels like it's hunting for the right gear. Beyond all that has been the reliability issues. GM has already covered transmission work in a truck with barely 20,000 miles. I had problems with the transmission slipping, not wanting to shift and/or hard shifting with a very nasty clunking sounds from the driveline that i'm still seeing and hearing even after the work was done. I've also spotted several oil/fluid leaks from this truck. I've had two Toyota trucks and one Ford that lasted much, much longer with no signs of leaks. Why is this thing doing it now?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals