2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great Truck/ Great Resale

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Very strong diesel engine. Manages my 11,500lb camper with authority. I bought it new for around $37,000 and it is really holding resale value."

we love this truck

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"We have always owned gm products and been happy. This truck has power for pulling and the comfort for a long ride. This is a nice looking truck and sounds like the big dog it is"

Best Vehicle So Far

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "head turner, pulls anything, best 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "diesel particulate filter"

"I have had my silverado for 4 years now and I have put it through alot. Anywhere from hauling cattle to a rodeo or entering it in car shows. The duramax and allison have not seen a limit. Everything I have been through with this truck I only have one complaint. The exuast filter. I HATE the way it works. One example it shut down my engine power to clean the filter when I was in heavy traffic. And the worst part is that they say if it ever breaks that its not covered by any of the warranty. They made it completely automatic for convience but if it breaks its our fault."

Best riding truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Commanding veiw of the road, great ride, fuel economy is 17 on hwy if you keep your foot out of it!!! Takes up 2 parking spots being crewcab with 8 foot bed. not for city!!! Will tow/pull anything!! Gasoline engine cheaper to service and is quieter!"

Starting to have trans problems 2011 CrewCab LT

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Pulls and hauls very nicely, Great looking truck"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"I have many complaints about this truck. Why do the lights flicker when the turn signal, hazards or brake lights come on? This truck also has this strange popping/creaking noise coming front when accelerating that the dealer says is normal. Interior storage is horrible. The Gas 6.0 isn't very grunty, but it guzzles gas like crazy. Transmission is erratic. Interior is cheap and full of squeaks and rattles. Rough engine idle. Dashboard will buzz with engine idle and slow acceleration. Brake fluid reservoir leaks like crazy. Engine oil leak at 9500 miles. And now the truck's transmission slips with 2nd to 3rd gear shifts. I've also had brake issues that were fixed by the dealer. I'm planning to take it BACK to the dealer to hopefully get the transmission fixed, but nothing can change my mind about this truck now. This has been very disappointing from the start. What will this truck be like with 100k miles? It only has 14k miles!"

New truck with brakes problems

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

"In and out of the shop for brake problems. They turned the rotors at 1200 miles for squealing. I Complained about a crunchy feeling brake pedal and a return of the squeal at 2800 miles. I had a dragging front brake caliper, uneven brake wear and a return of the squealing at 3900. The dealer said they had fixed all issues, but they really didn't. Now the dealer's telling me to ignore the squealing and all the other issues. It's a brand new truck, General Motors. Will you come up with a true fix or is this how you handle your business?"

Not Happy

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This truck is giving me too many transmission and brake problems. Truck has trouble shifting out of 2nd gear in colder weather. It slips or even stays stuck in 2nd gear at times. I've also started seeing a lot of build up around the transmission tail housing. Dealer has done everything but find fixes to the problems with the trans and brakes. I was reading a different KBB consumer review that had mentioned brake problems with their truck. The problems I'm having sound similar to that. This maybe a problem that many other owners are having. If you're looking for a 3/4 ton truck, I DO NOT recommend people buy this vehicle."

GM could do better

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Braking power, feels tough, nice seats, styling"

Cons: "Bad trans, gas mileage, poorly made inside and out"

"Not very happy with my purchase of a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. Interior isn't very well put together with plenty of cheap parts in a truck that costs over 40k. Many of these parts have terrible fit and will rattle and buzz...pretty annoying. The handling of this truck is also unimpressive. The steering feels sloppy with no center feel at highway speeds. If you go over bad pavement, the truck will shake and dance around so badly that keeping the truck going straight and driving at the speed of other vehicles becomes impossible. Also the gas engine and 6 speed transmission could be better than what they are. Not much low-end power, terrible 10-12 miles for a gallon of gas, and the trans always feels like it's hunting for the right gear. Beyond all that has been the reliability issues. GM has already covered transmission work in a truck with barely 20,000 miles. I had problems with the transmission slipping, not wanting to shift and/or hard shifting with a very nasty clunking sounds from the driveline that i'm still seeing and hearing even after the work was done. I've also spotted several oil/fluid leaks from this truck. I've had two Toyota trucks and one Ford that lasted much, much longer with no signs of leaks. Why is this thing doing it now?"

Best HD truck on the market

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "11 cupholders! Fun to drive, can do anything"

Cons: "Should've bought it sooner!"

"I've owned this truck for a year and had absolutely zero issues and love this truck! Diesel mileage is awesome vs gas 6.0 Vortec and I get 17-21 (up to 24 if doing 60-65mph feathering it on the interstate). It will tow/haul anything coming or going. 9,000 lb boxed trailer that was 9' tall in rainy/windy conditions I could not even tell it was behind me. Stabilitrack kept me from jack knifing this trailer in the rain on weird angles. Truck only squated down 0.5" with 9k behind it. Power was on demand anytime I needed it and the jake brake (turbo brake) is awesome on steep inclines and stop and go red light driving while towing. It will out accelerate a new dodge 2500 or ford 2500. DEF is not bad it has a pretty good range and the allison trans is one of the best out there. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy Chevrolet. Quality and convenience of usb ports and electric start and nice luxuries to get if able."

Almost good.

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Feels tough, looks good"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems, gas mileage"

"Gas mileage is just over 10 mpg in mixed driving, transmission temp is all over the place, engine clatter in warmer temps, I've already had issues with the brakes and GM needs to fire the people the designed the interior. The window controls are too easy to bump, you can accidentally catch the hood release by operating the parking brake, the headlight switch is poorly designed, and the interior is both cheap feeling and boring to look at...It's also amazing to see how much soot builds up on the tailpipe and rear bumper. If you didn't know it, you could be fooled in to thinking it was running an old diesel engine. But not everything's bad... A solid feel, great hauler, good stopping power, it's easily the the nicest look truck out there."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals