• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

excellent work truck

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "will absolutely scare you from 0-60 mph"

Cons: "always use 100% gasoline; MILEAGE, MILEAGE, MILEAG"

"My Silverado has been a dream; the only nightmare is the fuel economy in stop-and-go driving. If you want to calculate the mileage of the 6.0 vortec, think of the hour meter on a tractor. It's similar to that. She gets approximately the same gallons per minute of use, regardless if you are doing 75mph on the freeway or 7.5mph on a dirt road. Other than that I highly recommend the Chevy Silverado 2500 with towing package."

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "fun on and off road rides excellent for having a l"

Cons: "gas mileage isn't the best but so what"

"My truck has many extras they don't list. On board air system, Klein train horns model 220, front light bar with 4 8" pro COMP 130 off road lights. After market Kenwood sound system with 300 watt alpine amp. Infinity speakers in the doors, 10" sub woofer with 200 watt alpine amp 35" pro comp xtreem All Terrain tires. Computer chip, K&N air intake, magnaflow exhaust 6" pro comp lift kit. Just a beautiful truck always getting compliments on it. 9 years old and only 83,000 miles."

2001 Chevy $12,500 2500HD Crew Cab LS Duramax

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

"I bought this truck gently used with about 38K miles on it in the summer of 2004 locally. Duramax/Allison engine and trans combo with nearly every goody that was available then. I drive on the highway a LOT (pull a trailer now and then but not more than 2 or 3 times a year normally) Vehicle has had the fuel injectors replaced just before it hit 100K miles. I have that receipt as well as every other receipt I have had including oil changes, brakes, new tires etc. This truck has been well taken care of and is not by any means abused or pounded. Non smoker adult driven from the beginning. Quite a nice vehicle to this day and you may drive it anywhere you wish. Check tires, brakes, engine compartment etc. Put it on a lift and see if it is clean underneath.. Buy with confidence and for the money, you will not find another one in this model year and make as nice as this one. Spare diesel tank of 37 gal doubles your range. Bed liner and side step rails. Brush guard and nice sound system. Cold AC and Hot heater on demand. Power seats and windows all around except rear glass. Enjoy."

Great Truck!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort."

Cons: "26 gallon fuel tank"

"Lots of power and torque yet soo comfortable. I can pull a trailer with ease and the diesel gets good mileage for this class of truck. No problem plowing snow in New England. Turns heads all the time."

Great truck with plenty of power!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "6.0 vortec v8, plenty of room, easy to service."

Cons: "speakers blew had to be replaced. (Not Bose)"

"Love this truck, I own the 4x4 Silverado 2500HD crew cab. It's very fast for a 9200lb truck, with plenty of room front and back. Easy to service yourself, The 6.0 vortec v8 has a ton of power, When i tow anything I don't even notice it behind me. I would put the 6.0 gas engine against any other gas engine in comparison. I have known plenty of people with the 6.0 v8 and they have seen well over 200,000 miles of abuse and still as strong and reliable as ever. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Go test drive one and see for yourself."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals