2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

all around value

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"I have an 06 2500HD with the 6ltr crew cab long bed 4X4. I have had this truck for just over a year and had no problems tell december 09 when the trans.. went out. come to finde out the tranny failed at 18600 (b4 i got it) so in short this would be tranny #3 in under 100k miles. i have had contact with GM and depending on how thay choose to take care of the problem will be the factor as to if i ever own a GM again. I have had 3 chevys b4 this one. i had a 73 2wd that had over 200k never had any problems with this truck. #2 97 4x4 1/2 ton put a tranny in it at 87k miles i just payed for it never had another problem after that. now my 06 2500hd needs a tranny at 90k. i think its not to much to expect that you should get more then 100k miles on a tranny??? other then that i love this truck it drives like a truck rides like one had moves big loads like one. it get truk feul econ. not as bad as the dodge and ford counter parts but it gets about 12mpg around town i have gotten as good as 18mpg on a long road trip and i get 11.5 with my 4000lb camper on the back and 11mpg the my camper on it and pulling my 21ft boad (15000lbs) not too bad if you ask me"

Love this truck !

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"LOVE this truck !! It has been a great truck since the day I got it ! It's comfortable even on the longest of trips. It's got the power to haul anything I've put to it. Tons of room inside for people or anything else. Would like the milage to be just as great, but it is a 3/4 ton after all and it does just all right.... I've kept on on all regular maintance and it's still happy !! Hope if your looking for a truck in this catagory you consider one like this. It's been a joy..."

Best of Five...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"My last three new pickups have been a Dodge, Ford, and this 99 Chev Silvarado 2500. I have plowed with each of them, and hauled heavy loads. The 99 Chev is the best truck I've owned! My only complaint is the mileage, but, it's a 3/4 ton 4 whl drive with the 6 ltr engine. It gets from 10-14 mpg, usually closer to 10, since I drive it around the cities. If you need a reliable heavy duty truck, I recommend the Silvarado 2500 with no reservation."

Silverado with Med. Dty Drivetrain

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"Its a 3/4 ton HD and it rides firm, but the target buyer will expect that. Standard level of GM build quality. That is what would make a gas silverado. The engine/ transmission combination is priceless. No smoke diesel with the thrust to move its 6700lbs. like a scalded ape! You won't find anything you cannot tow, and it's great as a daily driver. Expect 19 to 20mpg combined. Find a gas truck of this size that will return that! Smallish fuel tank, but fillups and oil changes and fuel filters and tires are all you need to do for 350,000mi. easily. If you find one of these, buy it even a little over BB value, you will never regret it."

This Thing Rocks!!!!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"This is my 7th GM Truck and my 2nd Diesel ever. I'll never own a gas powered truck again. The 06' Duramax Turbo Diesel Motor is the quietest and most powerful (stock) I've come across to date and is quicker than every other stock truck I've come up against to date, including the 8.1L Vortec Gas Powered Trucks. The Allison Transmission is... well..... an "Allison". Warrantee is in excess of I believe 200k Miles. It's noted by Edge as the only Transmission to have never failed or even slipped when tested in max output setting #5 which yeilds around 1100 Ft. lbs. Torque. Leather interior, Bose Speakers, Moon Roof, Special Rim's, Lift Kit and Special Factory Paint along with just slipping under the new 2007 & Up Diesel Reg's and Chevy's awful (my opinion) new "Shoe Box" Body Design change, round this out as one of, if not the, Sharpest, most Comfortable Trucks on the Road."

decent work truck

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Ride and performance are good. Mileage could be better. It is 12mpg whether empty or loaded and towing a trailer."

Great Power

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"Towed a 5000lb tractor with a 20' heavy duty rented flat bed trailer up the I-10 pass East Bound just outside Indio, CA (10 miles)....you know, the one that everyone overheats on.........this truck blasted up the pass at 65! No problems, the truck seemed happy with the load!"

very good truck

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this truck and have never looked back once. I did put an edge juice with attitude, AFE stage 2 intake and an MBRP ex. on the truck and WOW this truck is a fire breather. I now have a truck that is running 15.1sec in the 1/4 mile and will tow a house down the road. I tested all the rest and bought the best. LOVE IT"

hd2500 diesel pickup

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Wonderful Truck no problems , 16 city mpg and 23 highway not bad for a 7,000 truck, pulls a 34ft trailer with no effort."

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"good truck for hauling but struggles on pulling a 30 foot camper around 10000 lbs up grade. gas milage around 13 unloaded 9 pulling camper."

RUNS AND RUNS

By on Thursday, July 31, 2008

"I OWN 4 IN MY BUSINESS WITH 340,000 MILES, 280,000 MILES, 220,000 MILES, AND 185,000 MILES ON THEM AND STILL STRONG."

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

Great Truck

By on Sunday, May 04, 2008

"I work this truck hard. I fill it with dry wall to the top of the bed. 66K miles and never a problem. This is a 2001 6.0 gas 2500 silverado. Lately its been abused by running 1.6 mile trips daily. I've pulled a 13,000 pound trailer with a Bob cat (trailer and tractor total weight). This truck pulls great. It stops great. I had a Toyota before this, and there is no comparison between an American tough built truck and a Toyota toy truck. The Japanese can make all kinds of claims, but until you've tried both for a few years each you can't make a good decision on what is better. I owned the Toyota for 7 years and the Chevy for 7 years. The Chevy has not had one visit to the shop except for maintenance. My Toyota had the transmission out 7 times, Mass airflow sensor go out, temp sensor kept going out which made the engine surge all the time. The Chevy is flawless. The Japanese used to say just turn the key and go. My Chevy is the same and better yet. I really think the US quality of cars and trucks has surpassed the Japanese cars and trucks. The fuel milage is better on my Chevy that the Tundra. Ok I did have to spend some money on my truck. I wore out a set of tires. I had to put new tires on the truck. With as hard as I pull and carry with this truck, I don't blame the poor tires for wearing out. I love my Chevy truck."

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"I bought this vehicle new in Dec 2002 and have not had any problems with one minor exception of having to have the instrument panel computer reflashed. Was a warranty item and in and out withing 15 minutes. The vehicle has been used to pull a ProAir Nautique ski boat and a loaded cargo trailer without any problems. With the Duramax, I have been easily able to maintain highway speeds as high as 70+ mph pulling a loaded trailer and 4 passengers for 600 plus miles from NC to FL. Would tell you the actual speed but that would be over the speed limit! Fully recommend this vehicle with the Duramax and Allison Transmission. Around 18 MPG highway without load."

this is the one to buy

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"i have had mine for two years and have had no problems love everything about it, i have friends with fords and dodges and when we tow atvs out to the mountins my 03 chevy duramax always leads in power up the mountins and beats them in fuel mileage too. best truck to buy and i have driven all of them."

2002 2500 Duramax

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"I've owned the truck since new and have maintaineded it per GM's schedule. My only problems have been with the diesel engine, (Isuzu). In the shop twice in 2007. At 70,000 miles I had problems with 4 of the glow plugs, fuel rail and an air leak in the fuel filtering system. The good news is GM did the work and all under warranty, no questions asked. Next time it will be the 6.0L gasoline Vortex Max. Everything else has been flawless. I like the truck and the solid road and off road manners it has. This is my first new American made vehicle, and I've been very satisfied even though everyone I knew recommended foreign makes. I'll buy another GM truck when its time to trade."

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"This truck pulled a 12,000lb shipping container over 900 miles. Fuel mileage was around 10 miles per gallon. It usually runs 19 on the highway."

like a rock

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"never had such a large 4wd that acted so agile,strong..will rip a tree right out of the groud plow through deep mud and still roll well down the highway with 410 gears @ about 15mpg"

good truck

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"togh reliable and nice looking. bought this vehicle used with 20000 miles on it and have since put 60000 more on it i tow daily cars and boats havent yet had a problem with it. only complaint is the gas mileage i get about 13 miles to gallon with my 411 gear ratio"

No job too big!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This truck is very reliable and dependable for whatever job needs to be done. The HD package can't be beat when it comes to handling and control when empty or loaded. With the added 4 wheel drive, you can get just about anything anywhere. The only downside is the wide turn radius with the extended cab and long box together."

Good truck, poor mpg

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"My only complaint is gas mileage. Empty it gets 12, with a loaded trailer less than ten. Can't afford to drive it."

buy the diesel

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Great power and fuel economy. Buy the 6.6L turbo diesel. Check the resale, vehicle holds the initial upcharge for the 6.6L for the life of truck. I get close to 20mpg highway and average better than 17 around town. More torque than anything out there. Pulls my 5th wheel like it isn't even there. Great truck!!!"

Best Pickup on the Road

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I am not emotionally attached to this vehicle (in fact, it is more truck than I need and I would sell it to the right person). I have the Duramax diesel. While I am sure there are many good vehicles on the road, this truck is spectacular. It gets over 20 mpg on the road, has excellent towing ability, is comfortable to drive, is well deisnged - adults can sit in the rear seats (club cab version) indefinitely in comfort. Generally, it is quiet (for a diesel), does not smell of fuel, warms rapidly and performs well in cold weather (I use it mainly in Utah and Idaho), and is relatively maintenance free. I have pulled horse trailers through storms, pulled a variety of utility trailers, mainly on good roads, pulled ATV trialers across switchbacked mountain two-track roads, driven through several ATV only tracks, and made tracks all through the desert. I have never had a problem escept as noted below. The only flaws of which I am aware include (1) recalls associated with instrument panel, middle rear seatbelt, and talegate cables, - all handled by GM without cost or hassle, (2) some reported incompatibilities with the trailer wiring harness."

Overall, a really good truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"(01 2500 HD CC 4x4; 6.0L) I've had this truck for about a year now. I have to say that it runs great and does everything I need it to. Only complaint I have is the paint quality sucks. I think the paint chips everytime a bug hits it. Oh yeah, the lights for the radio keep going out. Minor things but still annoying. However, for work this truck does great! With 285's on it I get 13-14 around town. Not bad for a landyacht..."

Looks bad but still runs like new

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Been in one major and two minor accidents and truck is still running down the road trouble free. Has 170,000 miles. Have had this truck since 11/00. Been in the shop once for a warranty repair, Cranksensor."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals