2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reasonable value

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun to drive, for a truck"

Cons: "transmission self destructs after 100k miles"

"I bought this truck new and off the lot it got about 12 mpg city and 17 mpg highway. I added a K&N cold air kit and a performance MAF, and reprogrammed the computer with a Jet reprogrammer for best economy, lowered the transmission shift points as far as they'd go. MPG improved dramatically - 17 city and 25 highway. Its run flawless for the first 100k miles with just minor - recall and warranty issues. Its comfortable and quite sporty for a HD 4x4. GM under rated the HP at 300hp, it clearly has lots more. Interior complaint - only 2 cup holders and the center seat doesn't fold to make a console/arm-rest. But at 108000 miles, the transmission gave out - the torque converter self destructed and sent junk throughout the transmission - ruining it. Replacement cost - $4000. I'd buy another one set up the same way - but trade it in at 100k miles before the transmission gives out."

Loves gas

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"My Ext Cab Silverado 2500HD is both gutless and gas guzzling. Doesn't that sound like a winning combination? The 6.0L gas engine is smooth, but it doesn't develop the kind of low-end power you need in a truck. If you tow a trailer, you'll find that the transmission will frequently down shift to keep the truck going the speed you want even in tow mode. I also have my complaints about quality and reliability with this vehicles. I've been back to the dealer once for a faulty seat belt reminder that would sometimes stay on after buckling up, twice in 10k miles to have the rotors resurfaced for squeaking and once to complain about leaks around the right valve cover. Dealer told me the "that some oil build up" is "normal for all their engines. Really? An engine oil leak at 11k miles is "normal"???"

Awesome truck! True workhorse

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"This has been an awesome truck. It pulls or hauls anything I've ever needed it to. Can be a bit rough unloaded, but rides like a Cadillac with any weight in it. Great vehicle. Will keep for a long, long time."

OK BUT SOME PROBLEMS

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "power"

Cons: "GM makes you jump thru hoops to get anything Fix"

"I bought this truck new. It will tow anything Plenty of Power. It is the little things dealer won't fix. Rattle in front dash from Duramax. cheap tires came a part at 15k miles dealer would only replace 2 said thats all GM would do. TRANS LEAK, HARD SHIFTING THEY SAY ITS NORMAL. Whats going to happen to me after a 100k?yea think about it! AT 30K On board computer that runs everthing went crazy.door locks ,lights , engine would stop then not start, truck was at shop for a week or so they could not figure out what was wrong mean while i got no truck still making payments to GM!!!! They gave it back said bring it back when it does it again, well i parked it in the drive way next day they had to come get it. The automatic air check in the wheels still don't work. I got tired of taken it to the dealer . My solution. I bought my own Tires all 4 and am waiting for the truck to Die! yea still got the rattle and the leak and the rough shifting all of it. $45000. truck Yea right!! hurry up Toyota with Big Diesel sooner or latter GM will get a clue. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH A PRODUCT FIX IT DON'T PUT YOUR CUSTOMER THRU H#"L"

I wouldn't do it again

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks great"

Cons: "Engine, trans, brake problems, interior"

"Smooth engine, feels solid, good stopping power, great looking truck... But the interior of this truck needs more storage and cup holders, you do not have much ground clearance for truck with so little cab clearance, and the transmission and gas 6.0 are pretty pathetic. Poor gas mileage, poor power development, terrible gearing, erratic shifts and shutters are some of the things I'm not liking about this truck... I also have strange clunking and popping sounds coming front the right front. And I've been back to dealer twice for issues with brakes."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals