2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 405 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Awesome truck! True workhorse

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

"This has been an awesome truck. It pulls or hauls anything I've ever needed it to. Can be a bit rough unloaded, but rides like a Cadillac with any weight in it. Great vehicle. Will keep for a long, long time."

Solid Truck

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "great performance and value"

Cons: "plain interior"

"This is a great truck for the money. I admit that the cabin could be more luxuirious for a $45000 asking price, but this is a truck not a luxury car. I was always a Ford guy and finally decided to buy a Silverado. Pretty sure I won't change back. Great driving truck, sufficient power, and good quality. When deciding between my Chevy and getting another Ford, I penalized Ford for putting to much attention to a "great looking" cab and less on the performance of the truck. I would rather have a solid tuff truck than a pretty one. In my opinion, the Chevy is far superior to the Ford in driving impressions. The Chevy has tighter steering, less vibrations, and is more responsive when opening up the throttle. So when I look for a truck I focus more on the "guts" of the truck rather than the dashboard."

Best HD truck on the market

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "11 cupholders! Fun to drive, can do anything"

Cons: "Should've bought it sooner!"

"I've owned this truck for a year and had absolutely zero issues and love this truck! Diesel mileage is awesome vs gas 6.0 Vortec and I get 17-21 (up to 24 if doing 60-65mph feathering it on the interstate). It will tow/haul anything coming or going. 9,000 lb boxed trailer that was 9' tall in rainy/windy conditions I could not even tell it was behind me. Stabilitrack kept me from jack knifing this trailer in the rain on weird angles. Truck only squated down 0.5" with 9k behind it. Power was on demand anytime I needed it and the jake brake (turbo brake) is awesome on steep inclines and stop and go red light driving while towing. It will out accelerate a new dodge 2500 or ford 2500. DEF is not bad it has a pretty good range and the allison trans is one of the best out there. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy Chevrolet. Quality and convenience of usb ports and electric start and nice luxuries to get if able."

Reasonable value

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun to drive, for a truck"

Cons: "transmission self destructs after 100k miles"

"I bought this truck new and off the lot it got about 12 mpg city and 17 mpg highway. I added a K&N cold air kit and a performance MAF, and reprogrammed the computer with a Jet reprogrammer for best economy, lowered the transmission shift points as far as they'd go. MPG improved dramatically - 17 city and 25 highway. Its run flawless for the first 100k miles with just minor - recall and warranty issues. Its comfortable and quite sporty for a HD 4x4. GM under rated the HP at 300hp, it clearly has lots more. Interior complaint - only 2 cup holders and the center seat doesn't fold to make a console/arm-rest. But at 108000 miles, the transmission gave out - the torque converter self destructed and sent junk throughout the transmission - ruining it. Replacement cost - $4000. I'd buy another one set up the same way - but trade it in at 100k miles before the transmission gives out."

I'm sick of this truck

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Brake problems from day one. Transmission problems and funny noises when shifting from day one. Burning brake smell coming from the truck at 6000 miles that the dealers says is normal. Now I have a check engine light at 7000 miles! I've only owned this truck for 5 months! This truck has been back to the dealer 4 times now with no fixes and has now been in the shop for 5 full days. What is going on? This truck is a LEMON!"

This is one fine truck

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Even pulling a load, the mileage has been good"

Cons: "cost alot to fill it up"

"No issues to this point, gas mileage has been superb for this type vehicle, the ride is firm but handling is excellent. I live in a hot humid area and the ac handles it quickly and quietly. It's big, tall and can haul a load all with a minimum of noise, this is not your fathers truck. Love it to this point"

Amazing Truck with great towing capabilities!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reason: traded it in on a new 2013 model

Pros: "6.6 liter Diesel, Allison transmission, Powerful"

Cons: "DEF fuel, low mpg"

"I bought a 2007 2500 HD Crew Cab Diesel and towed my 33ft fifth wheel camper with ease. I loved it so much i just traded it in for a 2013 2500 HD Crew Cab Diesel last week. Don't get me wrong, it was painful to let "Big Red" go but the resale value was so good that when i went to the dealer for a minor recall notice, they made me an offer i couldn't refuse. I never had a single problem with my 2007 Diesel and if i can offer any advice to someone researching for a new truck, it would be to get the Diesel and the Allison Transmission if you can afford it. I tow my 5th wheel camper like it's not even behind me. The Allison transmission is amazing!! Don't get me wrong, the Duramax Diesel engine is no slouch either. Will i miss, "Big Red", who in herself was still just a baby with just over 40,000 miles on her? Absolutely! The fact that "Big Blue" now sits in my driveway makes it a lot easier to handle though. Time will tell if the 2013 model will hold up as well as my 2007 but i was so impressed with "Big Red" that i have no doubt this new truck will function just as well. One slight negative is this silly DEF fuel you have to add every 7,000 miles to a separate 10 gallon tank."

2011 2500 HD Crew Cab

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cons: "Too tall, eats too much gas"

"Good truck, but loves gas and the transmission needs to change gears too much."

Love the Duramax, not much more I love.

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Suspension, Duramax engine"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"The diesel option is very expensive, but I believe it's worth it for people that really need pulling power. The engine is smooth, extremely strong and significantly more efficient than my other gas trucks that I'd owned in the past. My problem is with the truck it's in. I've had nothing but small quality problems that I think are inexcusable. My right rear door had to be adjusted because it was crooked right from the factory, the tailgate wouldn't latch on the left side of the bed, my brake fluid reservoir constantly leaks onto wires and hoses under the hood, my brake pedal feels crunchy after towing in hot weather, the black plastic parts around the hood hinges are warping and catch the hood every time i open it. Constant brake screeching, inexplicable and intermittent electrical issues that turn equipment on, off or make the equipment unresponsive. All these problems are from the time the truck was new. I also have many, many gripes with the layout of the interior and others parts of this truck. The window and lock controls are easy to bump, the glove boxes aren't very large and shaped in a strange way, the door cup holders are tight squeeze for getting bottles in and out of, steering wheel is a reach for tall drivers, steering feeling is dead, it has no center feel, ground clearance is very poor for such a tall vehicle, seat bolsters are easily wearing, rear seat crew cab isn't as roomy and comfortable as others....I can just go on and on. It's not all bad. I like the solid feel the truck has, the roll and crush of the suspension is very well controlled, brakes are strong. If I think harder, I could probably name a few other positives about the truck, but it would not outweigh the many negatives."

Not Happy

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

"This truck is giving me too many transmission and brake problems. Truck has trouble shifting out of 2nd gear in colder weather. It slips or even stays stuck in 2nd gear at times. I've also started seeing a lot of build up around the transmission tail housing. Dealer has done everything but find fixes to the problems with the trans and brakes. I was reading a different KBB consumer review that had mentioned brake problems with their truck. The problems I'm having sound similar to that. This maybe a problem that many other owners are having. If you're looking for a 3/4 ton truck, I DO NOT recommend people buy this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals