• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

reliable

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive- it's huge! a man's truck!"

Cons: "fuel's not cheap- it's hard to parallel park!"

"I've owned this truck for 4 years and now have 300000 miles on it. It never quits. I couldn't be happier to have a truck like this in my work fleet. It's like me- it never quits!"

Awesome tough truck!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Power hauling, decent fuel mpg, safe, dependable"

Cons: "speakers have not lasted"

"I bought the truck used 7 years ago and I've had very minor repairs. I use it mainly for hauling horse trailers and it has no problem hauling 10,000 lb trailer plus horses and contents."

Has been great for both farm work

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Has been very reliable."

Cons: "Ride empty should be softer, fuel tank larger"

"With 105,000 miles as a daily commuter during the week and farm hauler on the weekend, we have had to do little more than routine maintenance on this truck. Oil, tires, battery, front wheel bearings are all we have touched in almost 7 years. 6-passenger seating with the crew cab has come in handy. Tows great - I've had some awkward loads and trailer blowouts but was never scared about losing control in this truck. Good visibility. Power driver seat is nice for my wife to be able to drive/see comfortably. Ride is rougher than it should be (compared to HD Dodges and Fords) especially in the back seat. 23-gal fuel tank is too small."

One of the best I've owned.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

"I've put just under 100,000 miles on it with minimal expenditures for repairs. No major repairs required. Other than brake pads and rotors there have been no big ticket items needing replacement. Performed normal maintainance every 3,000 miles. tows 7,000 lb. camper like it is not there. tows my bass boat anywhere."

I LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, powerful"

Cons: "Front hubs not robust"

"This truck is awesome and fast. I will never buy a gas powered pickup truck again. The engine is extremely powerful and designed with maintenance in mind. Routine maintenance (oil/filter change, air filter, transmission filter, etc) is really easy and the truck even tells me when it's time to do it. Even fully loaded with firewood or mulch it's like the truck doesn't even notice the load is there. When I get to a stop light there are very few cars that can beat me off the line. The four wheel drive works great in sand, mud, and snow. My wife tries to steal it every chance she get's b/c she loves to drive it too. The only real complaint I have is that the front hubs are not robust enough for this truck and tend to wear out. I'm on my second set. I had OEM hubs installed when I replaced them since it's under warranty but next time I'm going to buy some stronger after market hubs."

best truck I have ever had

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "price, durability"

Cons: "interior style, technology of entertainment system"

"I used to be a Ford man till I bought this truck and the 2 Chevy's before it, I was worried with plowing and working with the independent front end , but I abused these trucks more than you could believe and I spent less maintaining these 3 Chevy's than it cost me to maintain my 1 ford. All now have over 250K miles and running strong still plowing and hauling 10k weekly and no rebuilds on motor or trans."

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"I bought this pickup new, and have absolutely loved it. Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Enough power to pull anything I've ever tied on to, and very reliable. Hasn't need much in the way of repairs, still has original brake pads."

Best truck for the job

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"We use this truck to pull our trailer and the truck has so much power you hardly feel the trailer, we had positraction installed which helps the rear."

cant beat the duramax

By on Monday, January 03, 2011

"other than the injector problems witht the LB7 (GM covered upto 200,000mi) its a great fuel effient full size truck with style, i get 24mpg on mine! thats awesome for a 6.6, it gets the same fuel mileage as most imports BUT when i need to haul or pull something i got the extra power. i know have 270,000mi on my wonderul truck and still looks almost as good as it did when it came off the showroom floor, ive replaced the fuel injector pump and the transfer case, GM replaced the injectors"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals