• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,318 - $26,047.

10/7.8

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

2014 4X4 Z71 LT Short Box: 5.3 liter

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Style and features"

Cons: "None so far"

New Ride

"So far - very impressed with this truck - I have owned other Chevy trucks in the past with questionable reliability - will just have to wait and see - but first impressions after a week and 400 miles are positive - MY Link with 8 inch screen is impressive - very user friendly - voice commands work well - especially compared to other systems I have had - amazingly quiet inside - nice ride - but firm - should be with Z71 pkg - much more power compared to 2008 version of this truck -Boze speakers sound great - far more internal storage compartments in the doors. Best part is the gas mileage - traded in a 2013 Tacoma SR5 that got 19.7 in my daily daily driving routine (V6) - this truck is getting 19.0 in same circuit - includes lots of in town miles. Four wheel discs are also nice and very positive breaking - Interior material are top notch and external paint is flawless. Looked at the Tundra - but gas mileage and crash ratings were far less. More exited about this vehicle than most others I have owned."

New Ride

stay away if your OCD

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "interior design is nice"

Cons: "drivetrain, WAY OVERRATED FUEL ECONOMY"

"Truck rattled from day one, drive train clunks.. engine blows black smoke on start up (almost always) and the worst is the 55mp+ vibration that no one can fix... been in the shop over 35days total so far...will be getting rid of it soon..and to top it off I can barely muster 17.8mpg when babying it..."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, 5.3L V8, more than enough power"

Cons: "None...."

"I have owned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 V8 for six months. It is my daily driver. I drive it every where. I am getting 18 mpg City - 25 mpg Hwy. Best truck I have ever owned. It is light years ahead of the 2013 models. Improved in every way."

Strong, comfortable,and quiet...

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and mpg with strong V8"

Cons: "cost"

"Excellent engine 5.3 with excellent interior...link/nav works great. Cost is high , but sometimes you get what you pay for. Third truck and this is hands down the best yet."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Drive nice, looks nice, priced right."

Cons: "Heater takes a while to warm up in the mornings."

"This is about the 7-8th Chevy truck I have owned, and I feel it is one of the best trucks on the road. This is the first new Chevy I have owned, and we drove it over 6,000 miles in the two months I have had it. I never get tired of driving it. Before buying any other truck, drive one of these Chevies first."

powerful, comfortable, and great-looking design

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "active fuel management system. 355 HP & 23 mpg"

Cons: "no car seat anchors in middle back seat"

"Love this truck. I love the new design and the new technology included. I drive an average of 15-20 miles per day and average over 17 mpg, and that's all city driving. 90% of the 5,000 miles on my truck are city miles. Took on one trip of about 600 total miles and averaged over 23 mpg. Have hauled and pulled one time with it, and the truck preformed great. It's a very comfortable ride. I love the double cab design so much better than the previous models' "suicide doors" extended cabs. I do have some little nit-picky complaints about the new infotainment system Chevrolet has implemented, but all in all, this is a great truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck to be used as a "truck" and still wants nice style, options, technology, comfort, and needs to haul a family."

Great ride and very quiet

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, Quite, Great gas MPG"

Cons: "TOO MANY RECALLS AND ISSUES IN A SHORT AMT OF TIME"

"Truck is still in the dealership. I have owned it 2 months. Has extremely bad rust issue on frame. 3 recalls fixed in no time and the frame issue and AC blowing up.... Gets great gas mileage. Remember all car companies make their ratings off of 55 mph. But I generally run around 58 mph. Not happy its at the dealer, but its under warranty and GM is fixing the issue. SO I cant complain beside how long its taking."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Front View of Silverado

"We love this truck. It has a duo seating setup so each of the two drivers can set the seat to their preference then save that setup. Easy to drive. All the controls are right on the steering wheel. Bluetooth capable to a smart phone. Great back up camera and all around camera to prevent hitting anything."

Front View of Silverado

THIS IS A HIGH COUNTRY & HAS SPECIAL WHITE PAINT

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "nice truck"

"SELLING BECAUSE OF HEALTH"

Better from the 2008

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "better ride, comfortable, controls, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I am proud of this truck its my 2nd Silverado crew cab this 2014 is more upgraded with so many features. Traded my '08 for a 2014 with better quality and having at least decent gas mileage which my Silverado 1500 LTZ is getting more mpg than my 6 year old pickup. It rides better, the powertrain and new engine were designed to be better with a quietly 5.3L Eco tec V8 engine lots of performance makes it bit faster. This time I have the navigation, heated and cooled seats, Mychevy link, rearview camera, remote start engine, sidestep tailgate as getting up on rear of my truck don't have to worry scratching or buffing up the rear chrome bumper. Its roomier inside with comfortable seats, steering controls are perfect with radio display and more. Silverado handles better on getting over now 25 miles per gallon on commuting from work to ''etc''. Being 6'1'' I absolutely fit comfortably even the doors opens wide enough and Bluetooth is optional the best as can easily reprogrammed my iPhone through navigation touch screen includes more advanced options. The truck is more stylish, it drives better on a much smoother suspension, can go over bumps excellent without any squeaks or rattles. Now have 1,250 miles on the odometer with best handling, no issues after 4 months owning my truck its the best truck ever besides I truly my old Silverado but overall happier with this crew cab having more features than ever."