• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,620 - $24,261.

10/7.8

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

stay away if your OCD

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "interior design is nice"

Cons: "drivetrain, WAY OVERRATED FUEL ECONOMY"

"Truck rattled from day one, drive train clunks.. engine blows black smoke on start up (almost always) and the worst is the 55mp+ vibration that no one can fix... been in the shop over 35days total so far...will be getting rid of it soon..and to top it off I can barely muster 17.8mpg when babying it..."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, 5.3L V8, more than enough power"

Cons: "None...."

"I have owned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 V8 for six months. It is my daily driver. I drive it every where. I am getting 18 mpg City - 25 mpg Hwy. Best truck I have ever owned. It is light years ahead of the 2013 models. Improved in every way."

Strong, comfortable,and quiet...

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and mpg with strong V8"

Cons: "cost"

"Excellent engine 5.3 with excellent interior...link/nav works great. Cost is high , but sometimes you get what you pay for. Third truck and this is hands down the best yet."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Drive nice, looks nice, priced right."

Cons: "Heater takes a while to warm up in the mornings."

"This is about the 7-8th Chevy truck I have owned, and I feel it is one of the best trucks on the road. This is the first new Chevy I have owned, and we drove it over 6,000 miles in the two months I have had it. I never get tired of driving it. Before buying any other truck, drive one of these Chevies first."

powerful, comfortable, and great-looking design

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "active fuel management system. 355 HP & 23 mpg"

Cons: "no car seat anchors in middle back seat"

"Love this truck. I love the new design and the new technology included. I drive an average of 15-20 miles per day and average over 17 mpg, and that's all city driving. 90% of the 5,000 miles on my truck are city miles. Took on one trip of about 600 total miles and averaged over 23 mpg. Have hauled and pulled one time with it, and the truck preformed great. It's a very comfortable ride. I love the double cab design so much better than the previous models' "suicide doors" extended cabs. I do have some little nit-picky complaints about the new infotainment system Chevrolet has implemented, but all in all, this is a great truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck to be used as a "truck" and still wants nice style, options, technology, comfort, and needs to haul a family."

Great ride and very quiet

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, Quite, Great gas MPG"

Cons: "TOO MANY RECALLS AND ISSUES IN A SHORT AMT OF TIME"

"Truck is still in the dealership. I have owned it 2 months. Has extremely bad rust issue on frame. 3 recalls fixed in no time and the frame issue and AC blowing up.... Gets great gas mileage. Remember all car companies make their ratings off of 55 mph. But I generally run around 58 mph. Not happy its at the dealer, but its under warranty and GM is fixing the issue. SO I cant complain beside how long its taking."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Front View of Silverado

"We love this truck. It has a duo seating setup so each of the two drivers can set the seat to their preference then save that setup. Easy to drive. All the controls are right on the steering wheel. Bluetooth capable to a smart phone. Great back up camera and all around camera to prevent hitting anything."

Front View of Silverado

THIS IS A HIGH COUNTRY & HAS SPECIAL WHITE PAINT

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "nice truck"

"SELLING BECAUSE OF HEALTH"

Better from the 2008

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "better ride, comfortable, controls, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I am proud of this truck its my 2nd Silverado crew cab this 2014 is more upgraded with so many features. Traded my '08 for a 2014 with better quality and having at least decent gas mileage which my Silverado 1500 LTZ is getting more mpg than my 6 year old pickup. It rides better, the powertrain and new engine were designed to be better with a quietly 5.3L Eco tec V8 engine lots of performance makes it bit faster. This time I have the navigation, heated and cooled seats, Mychevy link, rearview camera, remote start engine, sidestep tailgate as getting up on rear of my truck don't have to worry scratching or buffing up the rear chrome bumper. Its roomier inside with comfortable seats, steering controls are perfect with radio display and more. Silverado handles better on getting over now 25 miles per gallon on commuting from work to ''etc''. Being 6'1'' I absolutely fit comfortably even the doors opens wide enough and Bluetooth is optional the best as can easily reprogrammed my iPhone through navigation touch screen includes more advanced options. The truck is more stylish, it drives better on a much smoother suspension, can go over bumps excellent without any squeaks or rattles. Now have 1,250 miles on the odometer with best handling, no issues after 4 months owning my truck its the best truck ever besides I truly my old Silverado but overall happier with this crew cab having more features than ever."

Reg Cab tran bad,tradedfordouble cab Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"Double cab very nice on highway and ride. Reg cab was bumpy and had particles inside tranny."

Really Nice Truck!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Design, Interior, Fun to drive, well equipped"

Cons: "Mileage isn't always what it says..."

"Everyone says these are glam trucks. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, they do look good and ride really well, they are very well equipped for a ½ ton truck. Mine is an LTZ with the Sport Package. The design is great, and the interior is unprecedented. Compared to a Ford interior, the Chevrolet interior is approaching the quality of a German car. The ride is quiet and smooth, and the steering is wonderful. Of course the steering doesn't communicate the road well, but what vehicle does anymore? I plan on leveling the truck and putting some beefier tires on. At that point it will be a great off-roading vehicle. The 4-wd system is well designed, its the first time I've ever like the automatic 4 wheel drive. It has all the traditional 4 wheel modes, but the automatic makes it more comfortable, especially if you hit a slick spot without notice. I cannot stress enough the quality and design, its just wonderful. If you're considering a new truck, this new generation of Silverados is the way to go!"

Better than F150

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior comfort,fuel economy"

Cons: "price"

"I traded in a 2013 F150 XLT SCREW Ecoboost for this truck. The Ford only had 3800 miles on it. Road like a brick and had a vibration that 4 trips back to the dealer could not fix. The 5.3 is no Ecoboost in the power department but is adequate and gets better gas mileage. The RAM is a nice truck but don't forget that the plugs are only good for 30K miles which is pretty pathetic considering GM has had 100K sparkplug changes since 1996."

First NEW truck in 40 years

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "navigation system is a must if you travel"

Cons: "a bit crowded in rear seating area but not bad"

"After buying trucks that were "totals" and fixed them, or Suv's that were from a previous lease, etc. We took the plunge and got a brand new Chevrolet 1500 Silverado LT with sports package and had 6 miles on the odometer. Have had it 3 weeks. No regrets except price but it is what it is. Love the navigation system. Highly recommend it. You can check current gas prices before getting close to the station, you can locate destinations with out a paper map and onstar is there to assist as needed. About to take a 1500 mile road trip in 2 weeks. Looking forward to this. Hands free telephone system. Rear camera so you can see what is happening behind you when in reverse and see the hitch ball when hooking up to trailer. Makes our life easier. Who needs leather seats? The material in our seats is tougher than the old fashioned cloth seats and no cold/hot leather seats as well."

Its new

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Good: 1. Quiet cab compared to my 2010 2. Nice interior redesign 3. No real horsepower difference from 2010 engine 5.3 model Bad: 1. Bad gas mileage 16 mpg avg. 2. Tires too large "less rubber" 3. Currently wont start and going back to the dealership for service. 4. Sits too low to the ground"

Great Work Vehicle

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Pros: towing power, room, safety"

Cons: "Cons: mpg, low MPG"

"I bought the 2014 Silverado 1500 a few months ago brand spanking new! I hauled my boat around for two weeks getting maintenance done on it and the truck pulled it with absolutely no difficulty. The interior is great and I love the new safety features on lane merging is reassuring when i let my wife borrow it. There is plenty of space for the whole family but gas mileage limits too many trips. I found the gas mileage was less than what i hoped for and even a little less than what I was told. The truck seems just a little slow on the acceleration than what i hoped but could have something to do with the lower horsepower."

My 3rd Silverado

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride like the technology upgrades"

Cons: "No cons so far"

Third day of ownership

"I traded my 2005 Chevy Z71 Silverado for this one about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely agree it is very quiet on the inside while driving. It won't get 22MPG but you can get 19 - 20 interstate driving at 75 MPH. The navigation is excellent and I optioned the truck with Z71 LTZ with everything but the lighted bed and driver information package and the side steps that only get your pant leg dirty. The heated and cooled seats are great and the 20 inch wheels are exceptional. Like the truck for towing as well have not problem towing my boat. Truck has plenty of cup holders and storage. Overall a big improvement over my 2005 and I enjoyed that truck for 9 years."

Third day of ownership

Smooth ride with tons of features

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, well laid out, comfortable interior"

Cons: "Would like a console shifter option like Ford"

"Picked up my new Silerado High Country yesterdy. Got a great deal with the Black Friday pricing. Traded in my 2009 Silverado LT. Went from middle of the road features to nearly every available option except the sunroof while upgrading 5 years,gaining a full warranty, with 2 years of free maintenance all for under $20K. All on a vehicle with a sticker price of nearly $52K."

I love the way this truck rides and looks.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Great looking truck. Smooth quite ride."

Cons: "Price and gas mileage."

"I have the crew cab 4X4. Diamond tricoat paint and chrome package. It has a smooth, quite ride. When it is cleaned up it looks beautiful. It will never get 20 mpg on the highway. You are lucky to get 18. That is interstate 60 to 70 mph. I think it is overpriced, but the other brands are just as expensive."

alsome i love the new silverodo

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "price"

"sweet truck only had it for 2 months but now its alsome everyone shud get one or toe"