• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1198 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great truck - Glad I went with a Silverado

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mph, panty-dropper"

Cons: "Rear cup holders shake (no biggie)"

"Bought it used at 15,000 miles from a fleet rental place. I've had it for 4 months so far and put 5,000 more miles on it. I test drove Chevy, Dodge, and Ford pickups. You know it's a good truck when the only thing you have to complain about is that the carpet floor mat is starting wear from where my heel sits when driving! It drives great and is incredibly smooth on the road. The instrument panel is spot on accurate! It actually gets the EPA's mpg estimates. I average 18.7 mpg commuting. Between 21 and 22 mpg while going 65-70 mph. I gave it a 9/10 for driving dynamics only because it doesn't have the acceleration that F-150's do, but it still is a great driving and handling truck."

Luxury Truck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Ready to work, sturdy, reliable, roomy"

Cons: "Cheap interior components, thirsty, expensive"

"I own an LTZ. Has lots of bells and whistles that the standard Silverado's lack. Love the heated washer fluid in the winter, heated seats, and auto folding mirrors. There is a setting to allow single mirror or both mirrors to automatically readjust to aid in parallel parking and it's a handy feature. Bottom line its a truck. If you get on the gas you can watch the gauge move. It rides rougher than a passenger car but I don't hesitate to take it during long road trips with the family or friends. Five adults can fit in the truck comfortably. When I have needed it to pull she does and still has room to spare. I average 18 mph on the highway and about 14 in the city. Not horrible but not great. The 5.3L leaves something to be desired after abandoning my 6.2L on the Suburban but overall the truck has not let me down and still has a relatively low operating cost far as maintenance. I am starting to see some minor cosmetic wear on the steering wheel that will lead me searching for replacement OEM parts since they bug me but truck still has a lot of life left in it hopefully. My wife thinks I love this truck more than her. Who knows it's a pretty close call. Loving my Chevy. Beats the Ford 2013 F150 I have to drive at work and mine is just an 2008 model :)"

Rock solid vehicle.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, Durability, Power"

"I bought a brand new 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 off the lot in 2003 and I have only great things to say about the vehicle. That's why I decided to trade up finally and I am loving my new 2011 Chevrolet Silverao 1500 LTZ. They are rock solid trucks and I will never switch to another brand. I had over 500,000 miles on my 2003 and as long as you maintain your fluids, oils and general maintenance, you will be a very happy chevrolet owner."

good vehichle

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

"it is a great truck"

Great truck to own.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "acceleration, interior, suspension, handling"

Cons: "braking"

"Overall this has been a great truck to own. I'm not going to list every little detail that I like or dislike, but I will hit the high points that I found are important to me on the vehicle. Appearance is simple and streamlined. Remote start is a big plus especially in the winter months. Takes approximately 5mins for the vehicle to blow hot air so you or your kids get in. Vehicle will automatically shutoff 10-15mins after starting. Interior is straight forward, panels are not cluttered. Handling is amazing. You will slide out of your seats before the vehicle (Z71 4x4 model) rolls over. Suspension is very good with hitting bumps and not jarring you around in the vehicle. Off roading with the vehicle has been a blast. If you do hit a pot hole harder than normal the suspension seems to handle it really well. The on the go switch from 2WD to 4WD is quick. The turning radius when 4WD is active is not as good as I had anticipated. Acceleration is very quick, throttle response is outstanding. Shifting is smooth on acceleration. However, upon making a turn, and accelerating again, my vehicle does have a tendency to drop from 2nd or 3rd gear down to 1st gear and jerking your head back. Have not quite figured out the reason for this, other than the 6-speed transmission and rpm levels cause it. Braking is pretty good, but I do find applying the brakes hard and due to the weight of my vehicle, stopping is not as good as I had hoped for. I owned a 2010 F-150 XLT 2WD crew cab that would stop on a dime. Gas mileage is ok, I average 17.2 mpg driving 32 miles round trip to work and home. Long trips 18-22mpg. The cab is roomy and easily holds 5 people comfortably. I hope this helps anyone considering buying this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals