2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1281 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Not bad on gas for 8 cyl. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No cons love the truck!"

"I bought this truck new and I LOVE it! It is reliableand strong! I have never has any issues with the truck. For an 8 cyl it is not bad on gas, it is equivalent to the 6 cyl.so you get the power of the 8 without.the huge gas bill!"

Fantastic value for the money

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "price, comfort, performance and great resale value"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"What else can you buy with such comfort and amenities for the price? Chevrolet usually has rebates on the Silverado 1500, anywhere from $2500 to $6000 or more. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and 24,000 miles, and have only had 2 minor problems - a malfunctioning remote and the power seat track was a little rough. Other than that, it delivers about 21mpg on freeway at 65mph, and 16 around town with the 5.3/6-speed/3.73 rear with amazing comfort. This is my 5th Silverado since 1994, and will definitely not be my last."

Great all around vehicle - every aspect is good.

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Working pickup in a rather compact package"

Cons: "Smaller engine means not as much power"

"Good vehicle, smooth suspension rides good on even the roughest country roads, has enough power to get the job done but towing package sacrifices some gas mileage, I get round 16 mpg (about 18 average if you drive nice). Interior is nice, big for an extended cab, and the air conditioning/heating is a beast on full blast. Exterior is nice, lines aren't too fancy and a cheap leveling kit can fix the forward slant on the suspension. Engine is easy to work on and has room around it for those who want to add their extras. So far this truck has great handling, and power to get through whatever i need."

Great reliable, tough vehicle!!!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, classy!!"

Cons: "Gas prices are not very friendly with a 6.0 engine"

"Have used my truck to haul when I moved to my current location. I have this truck for 5 years now and truck is still running like new. Still in love with my truck, will never trade it in."

Rock Solid Silverado!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Excellent mpg, plenty of power and looks great!"

Cons: "Narrow cab, seats hard to keep clean"

"This is my first new Silverado I've ever bought. I had a 90 Chevy then owned a new style Ram in 2002 with the reliable 5.9L. The Ram was a nice riding, had a roomy cab, very comfy seats and was a reliable truck but got HORRIBLE gas mileage. I averaged 13-14 MPG @ 65 MPH. My new Silverado LT 4X4 gets 17-18 MPG doing 70 MPH and 20 at 60-65 MPH. My Silverado has excellent power. Only complaint I have is with the Active Fuel Management. The engineers at GM need to program the engine module to keep it in 4 cyl longer once it locks in. I believe 5.3L has plenty of power to handle it and the MPGs would go up considerably. Another beef I have is the cab seems narrow. It's hard to adjust the seat when you have work gloves on. Grabbing things out of the door cargo hold is a joke with the door closed. Also, the material the seats are made of are are difficult keep clean. They attract everything from dirt to dog hair like a magnet. Overall an awesome truck and already thinking of trading up for a 2012 LTZ."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals