• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1147 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cool pickup

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"Had it for 4 years no problem"

good reliable truck

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "plenty of space, very comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "AFM, no other CONS"

"I have owned this truck for just over a year now. it is a 2011 ECSB Silverado, Z71. 5.3 with 6L80 Transmission (6 spd. auto). Over all, I love it, I gave the driving dynamics a lower score because of the AFM engine function (switching from 8 cylinders to 4). This is the most annoying thing you could ever experience when driving. A 6 Spd. trans, 3.42 gears PLUS 4cyl mode, it makes the truck horrible to drive. No power what so ever when it does it. At highway speed, it will kick to 4 cyl. mode, and instantly you start dropping speed. The engine then switches back to get you back to speed. This happens over and over and over again. Now there are products out there that disable this, which I do now have. now having this product, the truck is great to drive with plenty of power."

Worth Every Penny Paid

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "It operates like a real truck should. Great value"

Cons: "Cain't think of any."

"Yes, I absolutely love my truck and I'm not ashamed to say it. It rides on road & off road very well, the cab is very quiet, and the dashboard gizmos are easy to operate. My average combined fuel mileage is 20.2 mpg with 50/50 driving on the freeways/city driving. That's pretty awesome for a V-8 pushing a 4 door long bed. So far I've only had one serious problem with this truck, that being the engine died one year after purchase. Towed it to the dealer & they had it fixed the same day under warranty. Besides that, the truck is holding up fairly well after 4 years of ownership & 50,000 miles. Some minor issues with trim pieces coming loose or breaking, and some rattling from the exhaust, but everything still works like it should."

really like

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"not very good fuel mileage. id hate to tow 9000 lbs. pulls hard just with empty trailer. has too many buttons and switches. I like to back doors that open all the way."

Good Truck

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality, reliability"

Cons: "Lack of cab storage"

"This truck has been totally trouble-free since I bought it used in 2009, It was 1 year old when I got it. My only complaint & regret is I didn't get a larger cab. There is virtually no storage inside the cab. Other than that, I love this truck. Gas mileage is usually about 18-20 mpg. When towing a small trailer, the mileage drops to 15-16 mpg. The 4.3 V-6 is not a real powerhouse, but for general use, it's fine."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals