• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1252 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Great truck

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Zero complaints! Plenty of power and comfort for me"

nice pickup garage keep

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "great pickup for money"

Cons: "it's 7 years old which means nothing"

"Silver birch metallic color, ebony cloth int,Silverado LT1 equipment group, LT1 convenience package, 5.3LV8 20 inch aluminum wheels trailering package locking rear diff. high performance suspension 6 way power driver seat power sliding rear window xm radio 3.73 rear gears gvw rating-6800lbs smoked bug shield window vent covers chrome running boards polished aluminum bed rail covers chrome wheel well cover rhino bed liner Goodyear eagle tires. Really Nice Truck $22,000"

2nd Chevy pick-up I've owned-with major problems

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Smooth riding"

Cons: "Maintenance TOOOOOOOOOOOO high!"

"1st Chevy PU was 1974 that the fenders rusted thru in 7 MONTHS, said I'd never buy another....but in Jan of 2011 I bought this one used with almost 19000 miles--at 22000m needed all new shocks (not covered by warranty)---at almost 25000m tires were showing abnormal wear---needed new ball joints said the alignment mechanic---went to were I bought it they said it was "fine" nothing wrong. After 2 more different repair shops for alignment showing me that the ball joints could be wiggled by hand--went to another dealer who said that the warranty just expired--but after objecting that ball joints don't wear out at 25,000 m they did repair at no cost. Will not buy another Chevy again! My 1974 Ford had 483,214 mile with only regular up-keep done-NO MAJOR REPAIRS...................Still running and in use on Nephew's farm."

Some half-measures

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Interior fabric"

"Overall, I give the vehicle high marks for design and reliability. However, the execution is a bit lacking. The fabric seems to ooze stray hairs that do not belong to anyone in our family and the rubber surfaces ( brake pedal, etc.) doesn't seem to be holding up as well as expected. The truck has plenty of horsepower, has great takeoff, and flies when you put it into "passing gear," however, it seems to lack a happy medium."

Dependable performer in all weather conditions

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value at purchase; plenty of useful features"

Cons: "Poor mileage,"

"This 2007 Silverado performed admirably in often tough and icy winter driving conditions, on highways, country roads and in the City (Washington DC in this case). When the truck was new, the controls were all very handy, easy to use and intuitive such as with the climate control and radio systems- The ride is also very comfortable- having compared it to a very bouncy Toyota Tundra, and, for the year, boring F150. Though not having quite the torque and roar of a Ram 1500, it more than makes up for that in its agility and smooth driving characteristics. It was fun to drive in most weather situations and takes curves nicely. It was not until the 160,000 mile mark that the truck experienced its first mechanical failure- left front wheel bearings- but it has remained a fairly flawless ride given its advanced mile-age"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Milage, handling in snow, comfort"

Cons: "Defroster"

"Very good fuel milage 22MPH on hwy, handles great in the snow. Comfortable ride. Good power. Only complaint is the defroster, cant keep up if temp falls below 25."

great vehicle with lots of versatility

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "versital, durable, low maintenance"

"I have owned since new. Can be use for everything. handles well loaded down (1000 lb motorcycle)or 6 passengers or empty. Travels well,"

Great vehicle - never had a problem with it.

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "reliability and comfort"

Cons: "worst problem is road/ wind noise"

"I have owned since new and it has never had a problem. I have hauled all sorts of building and household yard products with it, sometimes in excess of 1600 pounds. This truck has lots of power, drives comfortably on cross country trips and gets 20+ miles per gallon. I recently did first maintenance, other than oil changes and tires, by changing spark plugs and drive belts. This vehicle is a testimonial to Chevrolet's ability to build great cars. I will be owning it for a long time to come."

A Very Reliable Truck

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Although Trucks Are Very Expensive, I Beleive It"

Cons: "Will Be On The Highway And Operating 20 Years On.."

Granite Blue, Outstanding Truck

"I Think This Was One Of The Smartest Decisions I've Ever Made. The Truck Is Quiet, Driving The Streets In San Antonio I'm Glad I Have A Comfortable Ride. Has Smooth Braking Even In Bad Weather. Style Is Excellent. Interior Is Built Solid, But If There Is AS Knock On This Truck It's That The Interior Is The Same As In The Past. Gets About 12-14 MPG In The City And 17-19 MPG On The Highway. Overall A Solid Truck. Would Recommend It To Anybody.."

Granite Blue, Outstanding Truck

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals