• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1252 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Great truck

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Zero complaints! Plenty of power and comfort for me"

Love this truck

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

"Excellent ride! Added borla dual exhaust, sounds great. Beautiful Ruby red color. Excellent ride quality, very comfortable on long trips, not one problem so far (almost two years old)"

nice pickup garage keep

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "great pickup for money"

Cons: "it's 7 years old which means nothing"

"Silver birch metallic color, ebony cloth int,Silverado LT1 equipment group, LT1 convenience package, 5.3LV8 20 inch aluminum wheels trailering package locking rear diff. high performance suspension 6 way power driver seat power sliding rear window xm radio 3.73 rear gears gvw rating-6800lbs smoked bug shield window vent covers chrome running boards polished aluminum bed rail covers chrome wheel well cover rhino bed liner Goodyear eagle tires. Really Nice Truck $22,000"

2nd Chevy pick-up I've owned-with major problems

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Smooth riding"

Cons: "Maintenance TOOOOOOOOOOOO high!"

"1st Chevy PU was 1974 that the fenders rusted thru in 7 MONTHS, said I'd never buy another....but in Jan of 2011 I bought this one used with almost 19000 miles--at 22000m needed all new shocks (not covered by warranty)---at almost 25000m tires were showing abnormal wear---needed new ball joints said the alignment mechanic---went to were I bought it they said it was "fine" nothing wrong. After 2 more different repair shops for alignment showing me that the ball joints could be wiggled by hand--went to another dealer who said that the warranty just expired--but after objecting that ball joints don't wear out at 25,000 m they did repair at no cost. Will not buy another Chevy again! My 1974 Ford had 483,214 mile with only regular up-keep done-NO MAJOR REPAIRS...................Still running and in use on Nephew's farm."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals