• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Like it...But!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"I acquired this Silverado 2 years ago trading in a 2003 Silverado which I loved, but wanted the extra cab room that the crew cab offered. The 2009 is very comfortable to drive and runs well. The fuel mileage is bad...around 12 mpg regardless of where I drive...but you don't get a 4X4 for gas mileage. The one thing that has disappointed me the most is the quality in the vehicle, primarily the anesthetics. The Z71 logo on the drivers side was applied crooked, and the pin striping on the drivers door is crooked. Neither the dealer or GM would correct, and after noticing other trucks like mine I saw the same problem. I just simply removed the Z71 Logos. Recently, the dash cracked around the passenger airbag. Finding many complaints online about this I found out that this is a common problem in this body design...and GM will not stand by or assist in the repairs. I purchased a Dash Mat to cover the cracks. I like the truck but I do not love it. Being a long time GM owner it pains me to say that you should stay away from this body design."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "GOOD RIDE STEERING A LITTLE SOFT"

Cons: "i DON'T HAVE ANY"

"HAS A LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL MAKING IT A REAL 4 WHEELER. TO GET THE LIMITED SLIP IN A DODGE RAM IT COSTS MORE. WITH OUT THE LIMITED SLIP YOU HAVE A 3 WHEEL DRIVE NOT 4 WHEEL"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted