2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 3000 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

Unrivaled Total Performance

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "economy, power, performance, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Really none I can think of"

"This truck has been beyond imagination in all aspects. The fuel economy, power, performance, comfort & reliability are all superb. Other than normal maintenance, at over 141,000 miles, there have been no repairs. Just used for a 8,200 mile coast to coast trip with zero issues, getting 17 to 24 MPG. (Some weather conditions were horrible). Keep in mind that is a 4x4 with the Z-71 Off Road Package running BFG Rugged Trail all terrain tires! The 5.3 engine just can not be beat, with ample reserve power (even tows a 30' 5th wheel camper). I have also talked with other Silverado owners that have had similar experiences--this is one great truck.f"

Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "21 mpg 23 mpg on highway"

Cons: "surface rust on rocker panels"

"288,000 miles with original transmission and engine. Only major repair was a water pump. Kept it serviced and fresh fluids and filters. Great job GM!"

Extremely reliable truck

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG (20-22), Performance, Exterior Design"

Cons: "Turning radius, interior"

"I bought this truck 4 years ago and have been more than surprised by how well it has performed. I have had this truck since approximately 70k miles and have not had any major repairs needed. I keep up on all the maintenance and it has not failed me. It has never not started or had any malfunction lights come on. The vehicle was priced well over its Dodge and Ford counterparts, even though it lacked a lot of the cabin technology those makes offered. It made up for that in engine quality and gas efficiency."

a real truck

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"I never experienced a factory defect or mechanical problem even with extreme punishment and abuse, which is the most important thing about a truck right. Beyond the obviously reliability, Chevrolet provided good features that make this truck comfortable and easy to drive. I purchased my truck new and even after 54,000 hard miles everything functions as it did when it was new, i would recommend this truck to anyone in the market for a tough yet well mannered truck. Take it to the city for a night on the town on Saturday and to the work site on Monday."

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

Love it, great quality, good mpg 17-25

By on Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pros: "fun, gets me through 12 inches of snow, just over all a great truck"

Cons: "nothin i can think of"

playin in the sand

"I bought this truck last fall after my last car blew up, It a 2000 Silverado 4.8L V8 with a 5 speed 4x4 and all the options and the 4th door. it had 105000 miles when i bought it, it GETS 17 MPG AROUND TOWN! and 25 Highway! and thats playing a little and gettin on it, I only paid $7000 and this it the BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER DRIVIN, this truck has been very good to me, it works great in the winter with snow, although it does take a while to warm up in winter, and it is great during hunting season, ive brought it to heck and back and have only replaced a wheel bearing, i would highly recommend this to anyone lookin for a nice truck, I love mine!"

playin in the sand

"LIKE A ROCK"

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I love my 2000 Z-71. I am the second owner, have owned this truck for over 6 years and have never broken down. The engine has an abundance of power, and shifts perfectly. With over 93,000 miles on it, it still feels like it did on day 1."

Strong, but expensive to operate.

By on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pros: "Good power, decent ride, nice interior."

Cons: "poor economy, poor paint,"

"I purchased truck new to use as tow vehicle and everyday general local travel. Very hard on gas, local and on highway. Average 13 mpg on highway, about 11.5 locally. Fuel economy drops to 8 - 9 when towing 7500 lb trailer. Mechanically very reliable vehicle. No issues with drive-ability at any time. Poor roadholding as backend breaks loose easily in hard turns, must always realize it is not a car. Poor quality paint, chips easily. I have had the grille replaced due to discoloration, replaced with GM product, and it is now bad also. Will look for another product when I have to get new truck."

Great riding vehicle with good gas mileage

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"Very few mechanical issues. It has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable to drive, Gets around good in the snow and mud."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals