2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MPG eh, its a truck!"

"I've owned this truck for 8yrs! I got it w/ 86k on it and it now has 198k ! this truck is a beast, very few repairs over the years. Had to put a new diff in at 196k and a steering gear in at 150k. A/C blows colder then a brand new truck. This beast has been nothing but good to me. Thinking of selling it but I know I'm not letting it got for less then 7k. Gonna buy a new when I get what I want for her, good thing is i'm in no hurry so i'll wait until somebody knows the true value of a good ole american truck, 5.3 Z71 LT!(when LT meant something)"

Excellent reliability....

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the price. Comfortable to drive..."

Cons: "????"

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. I purchased it with 45,000 miles on it and have had very few times to maintain it. It has over 335,000 miles and all I have had to replace or repair is rebuild the transmission at about 300,000 miles. Replace the fuel pump at 275,000 miles and one coil pack at about the same time... I change the plugs and wires every 100,000 miles and keep synthetic oil in it. It starts with the first turn of the key..... Best vehicle I have ever owned...."

Darn Good Truck

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Stylish, Durable, Workhorse"

Cons: "Center console latch"

"Great truck. Only ever left me sit once (fuel pump went) which is notorious for these trucks. Anyways, it was extremely comfortable, reliable, etc. I used it for towing as well frequently and it held up pretty good. You could feel you had a trailer on (we're talking a big construction trailer, not a little home depot trailer-probably not recommended but it worked!) but it still got the job done. Hauled everything from a dump trailer full of dirt to other Silverados. Was a little sluggish on hills with a trailer but not too bad, hottest day of the year (high 90's) took a 3 hour trip with it with the trailer (loaded with a Camaro), last hour was mountains and huge hills, and the truck held up great, temp stayed stable. Anyways, as for the non trailering aspect, the truck was a dream to drive on highways, floated like a cloud. Fuel efficiency wasnt bad either for a full size truck. Body has held up pretty good, she's getting some rust through now but for a truck that sees salt all winter then dirt roads the rest of the time it has held up pretty good. This is definatly a truck you can depend on during the week to get the job done then clean it up and have a stylish ride for the weekend."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted