• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2960 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

Extremely reliable truck

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG (20-22), Performance, Exterior Design"

Cons: "Turning radius, interior"

"I bought this truck 4 years ago and have been more than surprised by how well it has performed. I have had this truck since approximately 70k miles and have not had any major repairs needed. I keep up on all the maintenance and it has not failed me. It has never not started or had any malfunction lights come on. The vehicle was priced well over its Dodge and Ford counterparts, even though it lacked a lot of the cabin technology those makes offered. It made up for that in engine quality and gas efficiency."

a real truck

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"I never experienced a factory defect or mechanical problem even with extreme punishment and abuse, which is the most important thing about a truck right. Beyond the obviously reliability, Chevrolet provided good features that make this truck comfortable and easy to drive. I purchased my truck new and even after 54,000 hard miles everything functions as it did when it was new, i would recommend this truck to anyone in the market for a tough yet well mannered truck. Take it to the city for a night on the town on Saturday and to the work site on Monday."

Excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Great to drive."

"Excellent vehicle, great to drive, no major problems, drives just as well as day one."

Great riding vehicle with good gas mileage

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"Very few mechanical issues. It has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable to drive, Gets around good in the snow and mud."

I think this is a good truck butttt....

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I think this is a ver good truck so that's why I am dumbfounded when I see how look the kbb value for this vehicle is. It doesn't go above 3000 dollars only slightly above 2000. I typed in virtually the same truck but 1 year older and it's value was 5000 dollars typically. I just feel that this should get examined. Thank you"

One of the absolute best cars i have ever driven!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"This car is so easy to drive it pretty much drives itself. The sleek design of it makes it not only the best car to drive, but the best looking as well. I highly recommend this car to anyone that is seeking a well built, good looking easy to drive chick magnet of a truck."

Solid and reliable

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, AWD"

Cons: "Weight, fuel mileage"

"Purchased my 2004 Arrival Blue SS Silverado in 2005 with 5600 miles on it. This truck has been nothing but reliable and fun to drive. The AWD has been the best feature for this truck. I'm able to drive in winter conditions with ease and the torque at acceleration is a blast. I've performed all the maintenance at the required intervals and have never had any mechanical issues. Just hit the 110,000 mark and the truck still looks great and performs like it did when I purchased it. The only complaint is the fading of the stereo/heater buttons from normal use (typical GM issue)."

SET ASIDE GAS MILAGE, BEST TRUCK TO DATE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "LOTS OF POWER, LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, BOSE STEREO"

Cons: "13MPG HWY, TORSION SUSPENSION"

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

"MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS THAT IT USES TORSION BAR SUSPENSION UP FRONT AND ITS NOT VERY NICE TO YOU WHEN YOU CRANK ON THEM AND ADD A SPINDLE LIFT PLUS BFG A/T TIRES. OTHER THAN THAT, ID TAKE THIS TRUCK OVER A DIESEL FOR RELIABILITY AND IM A HUGE DIESEL FAN. I HAVE NEAR 60K MILES AND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW. NEVER LETS ME DOWN AND IS VERY DEPENADABLE. WISH I WOULD HAVE GOT THE 4X4 BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO COMPLAINTS. THIS TRUCK WILL MAKE IT TILL 300K NO PROBLEM."

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

Coolest truck I've ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "all wheel drive, horsepower, held its value!"

Cons: "poor gas milage"

"I love my SS! I use my Truck for everyday driving. It performs fantastically. I'm an old hot rodder and get into the occasional drag race with a Mustang, Challenger,or even a Lightning F-150 and as long as they are stock ,like my SS i clobber them. Its great in the winter as I live in the Ozarks where the small mountains and hills are treacherous in snow. I've never had trouble even in 14 inches of snow. Great truck!!!!!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals