• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2961 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

220k and still running strong.

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "reliable, strong , good style."

Cons: "nothing"

"This is the best truck I have ever had. I bought it when it had 200k miles and its still running strong. it still has the stock 5.3 vortec and it runs like its new. its been in Michigan all its life and it has no rust at all my truck is clean.the chevy silverado is defiantly the longest lasting and most reliable truck on the road."

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MPG eh, its a truck!"

"I've owned this truck for 8yrs! I got it w/ 86k on it and it now has 198k ! this truck is a beast, very few repairs over the years. Had to put a new diff in at 196k and a steering gear in at 150k. A/C blows colder then a brand new truck. This beast has been nothing but good to me. Thinking of selling it but I know I'm not letting it got for less then 7k. Gonna buy a new when I get what I want for her, good thing is i'm in no hurry so i'll wait until somebody knows the true value of a good ole american truck, 5.3 Z71 LT!(when LT meant something)"

amazing reliable trucks last over 200,000 miles

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "has alot of space compared to other trucks"

"Even being beat on all it's life truck last forever it's been mud bogged sand duned down every trail around here has been revved to 6,000 rpms 1000s of times and raced a lot countless burnouts hauled over 30ft campers without a problem like it was nothing for it only things I've had to replace is normal maintenance stuff and spiders gears due to spinning on ice to dry concrete and trams at 245,000 because doing donuts and ended up going backwards when I was trying to go forward other than that this truck runs awesome still never have problems starting or anything it always starts up first turn of the key right away"

Best truck I have ever owned.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

"I bought this truck new and it has been "bulletproof". It has never had a major breakdown of any kind. At 125,000 miles, I am STILL on the original factory brake pads. Other than tires, batteries and wiper blades, nothing has ever gone wrong with this truck. It runs great, is rattle free and still very comfortable to drive. The air is cold, the stereo sounds great and everything works well. Couldn't ask for anything better, especially after all these years."

Just a couple of issues

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"Instrumentation issue came up at 85,000; erratic speedometer was first clue; Chevy replacement was free with less than 70,000 miles; cost me $500 to replace instrument panel; don't think mileage should have been an issue for factory defect. Second issue is the driver's side heater control; from web, appears to be a chronic issue; no Chevy recall; driver's side vents just arbitrarily switch from cool to hot; damper lever does no good; shut off engine and it resets but may happen again in an hour or in two weeks; fuel pump went out at 175,000 miles; $900 to replace because you cannot buy just the fuel pump; bright side..........still running with original plugs, water pump, alternator, heater coil, etc. Never had front end aligned. Tires wear perfectly true, 60,000 or more per set. No transmission problems. Dependable except for heater electronic issues that cause me grief. Even with 247,000 miles, I just paid $835 to get catalytic converter replaced so I could get it inspected and keep on driving it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals