• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2966 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Would I buy another???

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I've owned this truck since it was new in Sep 2002. I take great care of this vehicle and I do 90% of the oil changes. I have had a couple of problems with it, but nothing that has me swearing it off. First problem was the driver's side window motor came to me broken from the factory (should've been a sign). Then I've had to replace it 4 more times. The last two times were not under warranity and it costs $350 a pop. At 50K miles the fuel pump just quit. At 75K miles the battery terminal just fell off of the battery (orig. factory battery). The brakes are holding up really well. The rear brake pads were replaced around 50K and the front brake pads are still good to go. One big pain is the trailer light hook up connector, I have to constantly adjust/tweak this plug every time to connect it to the truck. The mileage is good for a 5.3L V8. I've pulled several different size campers and the largest was 21' RV. It pulled it but the suspension handled it without any problems. Being from Alaska, the truck does great in the snow/ice. I also drive on the sand dunes to go fishing and the 4WD works like a champ. The Auto-4WD is worth's is weight in Gold."

Darn Good Truck

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Stylish, Durable, Workhorse"

Cons: "Center console latch"

"Great truck. Only ever left me sit once (fuel pump went) which is notorious for these trucks. Anyways, it was extremely comfortable, reliable, etc. I used it for towing as well frequently and it held up pretty good. You could feel you had a trailer on (we're talking a big construction trailer, not a little home depot trailer-probably not recommended but it worked!) but it still got the job done. Hauled everything from a dump trailer full of dirt to other Silverados. Was a little sluggish on hills with a trailer but not too bad, hottest day of the year (high 90's) took a 3 hour trip with it with the trailer (loaded with a Camaro), last hour was mountains and huge hills, and the truck held up great, temp stayed stable. Anyways, as for the non trailering aspect, the truck was a dream to drive on highways, floated like a cloud. Fuel efficiency wasnt bad either for a full size truck. Body has held up pretty good, she's getting some rust through now but for a truck that sees salt all winter then dirt roads the rest of the time it has held up pretty good. This is definatly a truck you can depend on during the week to get the job done then clean it up and have a stylish ride for the weekend."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

great reliable daily driver, a real sweetheart

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "very comforable to drive quiet smooth trustworthy"

Cons: "remove the evap emissions system only sore spot"

"I have owned this truck for7 years , used as a work truck. I have taken very good care of this truck , just wish it had heavier duty back breaks. 1 caliper is a bit under sized I feel. But all in all it is still a very strong runner ,just time for me to retire and let someone else love her!!"

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals